No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do this now. Create a login for the user in MyHS and HS. In HS, click on the devices you want them to have access to and add that user to them. Now when they log into HSTouch they can only access those devices. (same with HS)

This feature will be in the new app also.

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
    These are at the top of my list, too.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      You can do this now. Create a login for the user in MyHS and HS. In HS, click on the devices you want them to have access to and add that user to them. Now when they log into HSTouch they can only access those devices.
      I don't use MyHS and do not plan to use it. Is it possible to do this now without MyHS?

Comment

It just uses the logged in user, so yes, it works with a direct connection.

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
        I don't use MyHS and do not plan to use it. Is it possible to do this now without MyHS?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You can do this now. Create a login for the user in MyHS and HS. In HS, click on the devices you want them to have access to and add that user to them. Now when they log into HSTouch they can only access those devices. (same with HS)

Interesting - I didn't realize that. Features that get added and you just don't know about it... . I'll give it a try and see how it works. I'm glad this doesn't require MyHS as I don't use it much either....

Paul

Comment

This is problematic, what if you want to connect to a vacation home, but you are in your current home, which system does it auto connect to? I guess a setup setting needs to be set to tell the app how to connect, like Auto (for the case where you only have one system), and a prompt so it prompts you for when you have multiple systems. There could be a mode for when it cannot get an Internet connection it then looks for a local system. Or an option so it always looks for a local system first. More settings to complicate users, something we are trying to get away from. Any setting like this will need to go under an "Advanced" setting area.

Comment

This works, use it today. Next would be event access. I know that has nothing to do with the app, but HS3 itself. Will Event access control be coming soon?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I wish that unlocking the door locks work!
                I tried HSTouch (I'm coming fiber Vera world!) And the first time I used HSTouch with my for locks I was impress to see the keypad in the app and thought I just punch the pin code like if I was in front of the door to unlock it... Bad news, it never worked. I was never able to unlock the door remotely... Even if I tried to unlock it from the webpage... Was supposed to work? Never known, but never did.
                So I wish this will work in the new app with or without keypad displayed!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Q: What will the UI look like?

A: Soon we will post some screen shots for comments. It will contain user configurable dashboards, devices lists, device details, and camera views.

Any idea when we will get to see something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by 838Joel View Post
                    I tried HSTouch (I'm coming fiber Vera world!) And the first time I used HSTouch with my for locks I was impress to see the keypad in the app and thought I just punch the pin code like if I was in front of the door to unlock it... Bad news, it never worked. I was never able to unlock the door remotely... Even if I tried to unlock it from the webpage... Was supposed to work? Never known, but never did.

It's a different PIN. You set it up in HS3 setup.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by 838Joel View Post

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That help me, I understand now... I will look into it when I will reinstall all my setup. I hope it will work then
                        Thanks

Comment

This is exciting - my initial reaction is concern because it is hard for me to think something that has limited customizations will ultimately work for me. For example, local traffic cameras, notices when something happens to clients (doorbell rings, go to scene).... And, this seems like spreading already precious development resources into now two products -- why not consider one product and focus all efforts on that? I mean, you can have a toggle to be in advanced or basic mode whereas basic mode builds the templates in the product you are describing... Advanced mode could be an extension of basic mode...

But, one of the big issues from me using any standard UI offering is not enough device configuration in the HS product "back-end" to drive a more usable UI. Today, there really only device name, floor and room at the device level to drive a hierarchy. Yes, the device type (which is assumed based on the type of device imported) exists but you have to assume the correct association (think virtual devices, relays, security system zones, etc.) - IMO there needs to be something that associates all these things into a usable UI hierarchy that drives a clean UI. Just taking all the lights in HS and "vomiting" them into a UI seems unusable - I have 80+ lights now and 10+ sensors, cameras, etc. Events are the same thing - even simply showing their group is not usable in a UI. Plugins also complicate things - they create tons of devices, most of which are informative and serve little UI purpose.

Point being is the backend configurations should drive UI to reduce programming and customizations. There should be standardization of hierarchy and configurations that drives this UI.

I haven't given this a ton of thought, but to me a device is a member of an

Area - for example, house, outside, pool house,
                          Floor - upstairs, downstairs
                          Room - bedroom, closet, etc...

And, a device may not be all three - for example, I have lights outside and outside has no rooms or floors... So, I would associate my lights outside to only the outside area.

Each section would itself have master settings to drive UI behavior. For example:

Area configuration attribute examples:
                          - Has Scenes (Yes/No)
                          - Has Media (Yes/No)
                          (If yes, you can define the media options available)
                          - Has lights?
                          - Has Water Sensors (Yes/No)
                          - Has Other Floors (Yes/No)
                          (If yes, define the floors like upstairs/downstairs)
                          - Has Thermostats
                          - Has Cameras
                          - ...... lots of ideas here

Same for Area/Floor/Room combinations...

To me, what is cool is these configuration can drive a ton of UI capabilities - think Skins like in Plex/Creston/AMX -- heck, you can open up the skins to developers and you can even sell skins that lean all the backend configurations and sell them in the store too! I believe the answer is skinning and moving away from scenes/screens/custom objects...

Anyways, in HS, you configure your devices and make the associations to those configurations. Also, you can have simplistic wizards when devices are added to put that device to the proper place and functionality to serve a useful UI. As an extension to this concept, devices can be members to elements in the UI -- for example, include in total lists on count, include in all on, etc. I think that is a bit more advanced, but IMO the devices drive the UI functionality. There are some exceptions but that may introduce a "project" attributes - for example, location services is a project level element however maybe just having an area...

You can them implement simplified wizards to build this data - it wouldn't require programming...

Then, the UI would present a view leveraging the configurations. The UI would be built around that hierarchy to navigate to the desired events/devices. No programming required - can simply go into HS and change configurations and the UI experience is modified accordingly.

My point is there needs to be a bit more work in HS to get the devices and events in a better position to serve a better UI.... This would dramatically reduce the need for customizations. And, I would also hope there is one product (not two) that serves the UI solution so that there would be active development now and in the future.

Comment

Seems like everything is on track to be pretty good. my only request:

Support skinning!

If folks could make skins and post them on the forum or somewhere this tool would be fantastic. Otherwise I'm sticking with HSTouch as it's unparalleled.
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Also, some other features I wish existed...

1. Ability to know which client is online - maybe a device to show what scene they are on, if online, etc. What scene they are on...
                              2. Ability to have a project by device type - an iPhone is a different project than an iPad so it would be great to have multiple active projects but only one per device type - the client would then associate itself with that project in the configuration
                              3. Ability to update project upon next client login (a pull update, not a push)
                              4. Ability to manage client name variables in a HS device or variable. For example, I need 6 Roku scenes and the only difference is the buttons call the 6 different devices -- if I had a variable to track that client location (iPad Main, MBED) -- then, I could have 1 scene button for the home remote key call event {{variable}}_ROKU_HOME where {{variable}} would be set to the appropriate Roku. Allonis does this and it was great... I would only need 1 Roku scene and not 6...

Comment

Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
                                Point being is the backend configurations should drive UI to reduce programming and customizations. There should be standardization of hierarchy and configurations that drives this UI.

I haven't given this a ton of thought, but to me a device is a member of an

Area - for example, house, outside, pool house,
                                Floor - upstairs, downstairs
                                Room - bedroom, closet, etc...

And, a device may not be all three - for example, I have lights outside and outside has no rooms or floors... So, I would associate my lights outside to only the outside area.....
                                I see your point and that is directing me to the Function Location Numbering structure. In industry this is structure is a customized one.

AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF

AA is site
                                BB is building
                                CC is room
                                DD is system number/name
                                EE is type (lamp, pressure sensor, T sensor, etc...)
                                FF is part# of system

This could help. But I don't think most of the users needs this.

---
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X