HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile feature requests

This suggestion is also applicable to HStouch, but synchronize the audio/speech playback between devices. (implement timing in speak/er functionality)

Comment

Others have already mentioned this, but I'll put in my two cents. Absolutely please hire a UI designer to help with the UI - For a 'more out-of-the-box less configuration' app, this is critical to wider-spread acceptance. I've talked to so many people who prefer other products because the HS spit-and-polish just isn't the same. HS3 is super flexible and functional, and those of us who are HA nerds love that, and consider functionality more important than the visual experience. However, there's a reason that Nest sells so well compared to other products that are way more flexible. There's a reason Apple sells way more products than others that are more powerful or more flexible. They've gone the extra mile on the tiny visual details and 'non techie UI experience'. My understanding is that you're keeping HS3Touch so that those who want to really customize can do so. I think that makes sense, and make the new mobile app appeal to the 'rest of us'....

Comment

A couple more:

Animated gif support
        Background images that are driven by status tracking i.e. can dynamically change
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          A couple more:

Animated gif support
          Background images that are driven by status tracking i.e. can dynamically change

+1 to this!! Would be nice if it worked on the existing HSTouch for all platforms as well.

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Yes, for sure, this app will be released in phases. The first phase probably won't have much that you are requesting here, but features will be added as we go along, this way we can get it out quickly.
            I like the iterative and incremental development model chosen.

However in my opinion strict boundaries should be set to prevent that the UI is not suitable for users who wants an UI out of the box.

In my view the mobile interface and HSTouch are two different products for different user groups. Of course the one product can profit for another. For e.g. if animated GIF's are incorporated in the mobile app (I noticed that this is a request) this could also be incorporated in HSTouch.

Currently I'm using the standard interface on my iPhone and a customized one (in progress) on my iPad. And that works well for me.

---
            John

Comment

I'm very interested in a newer mobile interface and tablet/tabletop interface. I'm still on the fence on purchasing and looking at Home Remote to possibly design my own interface, but if an official one comes out, that's even better!

Any betas or some eye candy (screenshots) that can be shared yet?

Comment

Nothing to post yet, but its coming along. Should have something by next week to show.

This will not be a customizable interface (except for the dashboard). If you want to create your own interface, take a look at HSTouch, it will allow you to create totally custom screens for phones and tablets.

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                I'm very interested in a newer mobile interface and tablet/tabletop interface. I'm still on the fence on purchasing and looking at Home Remote to possibly design my own interface, but if an official one comes out, that's even better!

Any betas or some eye candy (screenshots) that can be shared yet?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  Nothing to post yet, but its coming along. Should have something by next week to show.

This will not be a customizable interface (except for the dashboard). If you want to create your own interface, take a look at HSTouch, it will allow you to create totally custom screens for phones and tablets.
                  Thanks for the info. I gathered that the new interface would not be customizable which is ok. I'm still interested in HSTouch for the custom aspects. Having something that is easy and consistent though would be easy to hand off to my wife or kids for their phones.

Comment

Comment

Last change will be in HomeSeer Mobile, I agree its useful.

Note you could add this to a custom screen with HSTouch.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

One thing that I liked from when I used a Vera app many years ago (before I decided to switch to HomeSeer) is when you bring up a list of devices, each item in the list has an On/Off slider, so you can immediately turn on or off the device from the main list rather than having to click on the device, and then click on off or on. Having the On/Off sliders in the list makes it much quick to turn on or off devices when you have many devices to turn on or off.

I use HomeKit via Homebridge and the Homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018 plugin. One thing that I really like about the Home iOS app is that you can specify, from within the app, which devices you want to see in the Home page. Useful for seeing the status of important devices like locks, lights, doors, and even cameras.

Another thing I like about the iOS Home app is that you can specify, for each device, whether you want the home page to indicate if that device is on (but if off, the home page won't list that device). This is useful at bedtime or if leaving the house, I can easily see what devices are on without having to drill down and scroll through pages to see what might be on and should be turned off (aside: I generally don't like using all off since it might turn off devices that I don't want to turn off).

Comment

Also something with say a light/dark theme would be quite nice..or something that you could skin with something like a CSS type file.

Comment

I would like to see a clean SmartThings style UI. With a dedicated Arming buttons, and maybe two way voice comm for cameras like Foscam or Ring doorbells.

Also, PLEASE add a history tab like SmartThings which shows basic events (light on/off, motion, heat/on/off)
                            Last edited by hs309; April 28, 2018, 01:05 PM. Reason: Another idea

Comment

Originally posted by hs309 View Post
                              I would like to see a clean SmartThings style UI. With a dedicated Arming buttons, and maybe two way voice comm for cameras like Foscam or Ring doorbells.
                              You must be using an iPhone otherwise you wouldn't be asking for a SmartThings like UI.... The Android interface worked but nothing to brag about.

Comment

I'll have to go back through this thread and see what others suggested, but wanted to quickly say please have a clean looking dark mode.

There's nothing worse than using an app at night and being blinded by a hyper white background. I find myself most often opening HSTouch from bed to turn off a couple things we forgot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X