Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this change anything for Homeseer Google control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this change anything for Homeseer Google control?

I saw this article today: https://lifehacker.com/controlling-y...t-t-1820772020

Will that change make anything simpler for the Homeseer to Google Home interaction?

That article points to the "action" way of interacting. HS decided to move away from that and get into the API, so I don't believe we will see the benefits spelled out in that article.

Unless Rich changes his mind?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
      That article points to the "action" way of interacting. HS decided to move away from that and get into the API, so I don't believe we will see the benefits spelled out in that article.

Unless Rich changes his mind?
      when they made the switch, Rich (I believe) said that Google makes them choose 1, unlike Amazon who lets them do both APIs. This means we lose out on a lot of really good voice control on the Google Home. I am doing preliminary research to see if it would be possible to create my own with a plugin in Homeseer to accomplish this as I really want to use google home instead of alexa, but still have all the control I have with Jon00's alexa plugin.

Comment

Working...
      X