Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GH can't turn on devices (but can turn them off or set a dim level)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH can't turn on devices (but can turn them off or set a dim level)

I finally got a Google Home and am trying to use it with my existing Homeseer system. My account is linked, and the devices were discovered as expected.

But, when I ask my Google Home (or Google Assistant on my phone) to turn on a device, it says "Ok, I'll turn on the [device name]", and then nothing happens. It works fine if I ask it to turn off the same device, and I can successfully "set device to x%". I tried this with a few different kinds of devices, and the issue seems to affect all of them. Has anybody seen this before? I'm completely baffled. Nothing shows up in the HS log for the failed turn on commands. Thanks for sharing any ideas.

System:
    Current Date/Time: 12/16/2017 9:07:30 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 15 Days 10 Hours 48 Minutes 7 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 222
    Number of Events: 152
    Available Threads: 99

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.37: EnvisaLink
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    Last edited by jrt8587; December 17, 2017, 12:15 AM. Reason: Added system specs

device response

maybe someone will chime in with details of getting google home to work. I got the app setup, linked to HS, my devices showed up in the GH app. All that seemed to work as it should. I have on/off devices with voice command enabled. All working as I think it should be. Example device, "Basement Scene Work". I say "Hey Google turn on Basement Scene Work" GH says can't do it. The device is there. Am I missing something basic. I can't get any device action. If it not clear I set up virtual devices in HS to trigger events which are lighting scenes because you can't trigger events directly from GH the way I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by belle View Post
      maybe someone will chime in with details of getting google home to work. I got the app setup, linked to HS, my devices showed up in the GH app. All that seemed to work as it should. I have on/off devices with voice command enabled. All working as I think it should be. Example device, "Basement Scene Work". I say "Hey Google turn on Basement Scene Work" GH says can't do it. The device is there. Am I missing something basic. I can't get any device action. If it not clear I set up virtual devices in HS to trigger events which are lighting scenes because you can't trigger events directly from GH the way I understand it.
      I think your understanding regarding scenes is correct, you have to use a virtual device to trigger scenes through Google Home. It sounds like you're having a different problem than I am though - my GH acts like everything is working perfectly, it sounds like yours is at least producing an error message.

Comment

Well, I feel foolish. But in case anyone else makes the same mistake I did, I'll leave this here for posterity. It turns out the issue was caused by an old IFTTT applet that I had set up for google assistant - it was intercepting my "turn on" commands.

Comment

belle, have you figured out GH not able to control your devices?

I have the same issue, linked my myHomeseer account to GH, added all 'voice command' devices, and GH shows those devices just fine. Yet when I say 'Ok google, turn on Den light', and GH replied 'Sorry, I don't understand' or 'Sorry I don't know how to help with that yet'.

All I have are just some Insteon lights, less than 20 devices altogether.

Comment

Did you get this fixed ?

Comment

Working...
            X