Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call Desktop USB Power Supply

Hi All,

I picked up a Way2Call Hi-Phone Desktop USB on eBay for a good price. It did not come with a power supply. From the modem I know it is 12VDC, can anyone tell me how many mA their power supply is so I can source one locally?

Thanks
    Mike

Mine is powered by the USB never used 12v supply.

Comment

That's how mine is running now, thought the 12v supply might improve reliability...

Comment

My guess is that the PS is only really necessary if you are ringing internal line phones from the W2C. I don't remember the size but I don't remember it being over an amp.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
          My guess is that the PS is only really necessary if you are ringing internal line phones from the W2C. I don't remember the size but I don't remember it being over an amp.
          I can ring the internal lines with just USB power. I think the power supply is if you need it (maybe for certain phones, certain countries, larger phone systems, etc.). I would try the USB and if it doesn't work well, then try an adapter. I would also guess that the W2C website would be the place to look for power specs so you don't get bad advice (you need to pay attention to the amount of volts it can handle as well as whether or not the connector is tip positive or negative).

Comment

Mine is 500 mA and - --Co-- +
            Doublechecking is a good idea though.

Regards,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by jello4 View Post
              I picked up a Way2Call Hi-Phone Desktop USB on eBay for a good price.
              Mike:
              If you just bought it in the past week or so, I was one of the ones you out-bid! I've seen some furious bidding in the last few minutes of EBay auctions, but that was really nuts!
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                Mike:
                If you just bought it in the past week or so, I was one of the ones you out-bid! I've seen some furious bidding in the last few minutes of EBay auctions, but that was really nuts!
                Steve
                Steve,

I bought mine last week - but I got really lucky and found a 'Buy it now', for a good price. What did your auction end at?

-Mike

Comment

There were actually two. One sold for a little under $100, the other for a little bit more than $100. Now that I think about it, they both included a power supply so I should have realized it was not the one you bought.

Steve

Comment

heh - I almost had a lot of 10 Way2Call USB Desktops a few weeks ago for a *steal* I lost in the final minutes and ended up getting one in another bid for ~120.00

I threw away the power supply and have mine powered with my power strip that has adjustable DC output. It works great.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

except for driver problems, caused by the lack of system audio, the way2call seems to be running just fine on USB only power. So I am going to leave it... But it is good to know the power supply specs for future reference. Thanks all!

Comment

A few weeks ago I noticed that my Way2Call wasn't reliably reporting CID. Turns out that the power supply had died. I've since replaced the supply and now CID is working fine. So, it appear that not every Way2Call runs well without external power, not mine at least!

Comment

I had problems initially running my W2C box without an external PS - then added one. Its been working fine now for the last couple of years using external power.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            heh - I almost had a lot of 10 Way2Call USB Desktops a few weeks ago for a *steal* I lost in the final minutes and ended up getting one in another bid for ~120.00

I threw away the power supply and have mine powered with my power strip that has adjustable DC output. It works great.
                            I saw those too and was bidding as well. Never seen 10 posted before so I thought I could find a good one and have several backups, but eventually got out bid on those and several other auctions. Looks like we were all out bidding each other.
                            Billy

Comment

Many years ago also purchased the RS-232 version of W2C.

What was the difference between the two and HS functionality?
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X