Support/Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support/Documentation

For some reason I am not able to open the Support/Documentation in the plug-in. All I get is a blank page. I am trying to figure out what to enter in the url for a NOAA weather station in Mount Holly NJ
    Last edited by ralnet; March 8, 2017, 09:26 PM.

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
    For some reason I am not able to open the Support/Documentation in the plug-in. All I get is a blank page. I am trying to figure out what to enter in the url for a NOAA weather station in Mount Holly NJ
    You can get to the documentation in the HomeSeer HS3/html/weatherXML/ directory. Look for a pdf named weatherXMLQuickStart.pdf.

It has examples for setting up NOAA.
    You are looking for a 4 letter station code that is near to you.
    Looks like KVAY is the one you would want to use.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thank you very much Jeff

Comment

I followed the quicksetup guide to paragraph 10. I entered the lat & Lon from Homeseer setup and changed the Lon to a negative number. The problem I am having is I do not see the XML download file. See attached screen shot
        Attached Files

Comment

The xml file with the Station name in it is just the URL that the file is at.
          It is saved to the HomeSeer HS3\data\weatherXML\ directory.
          It will be saved as NOCondition1.xml.
          It will be imported and you will be able to see the data on the weatherXML user pages. If you want to use the data in HSTouch, you will need to select the data elements that you want to use and it will crate devices that the data is saved to.

Work through the links to work on the settings. At the top of the pages there will be a red icon with a question mark. Click the icon and you will get a pdf with the instructions for that page.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff,

I just found out that weather xml will not work with the default HS Touch weather. I was hoping to load xml data into it as is. I will probably get a key from world weather online.

Maybe later I will fool around with designer to get it working.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X