HDMI video overlay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus
    well, perhaps I can ask Jon00 nicely to solder on a ethernet interface to my NetTV.
    Magnus, I'll do it for half that much. Of course, as I learned, customs will be 5 times that much.

MrMxyzptlk - You need to sell that old buggy NeTV of yours to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      Brightsign XT1143 is the way to go...$650

Amazing product!

https://www.brightsign.biz/digital-s...ct-line/XT1143
      WOW! That's pretty!! It's probably priced so high because it is meant for commercial applications (marketing and signage). It is WAY overkill for HA.. but the existing solutions (for high-res video anyway) seem way underkill. There doesn't seem to be a middle-of-the-road solution.

This is going on my "when I win the lottery" list... or tax refund list maybe.

Comment

Middle of the Road will probably be the NeTV2. But it too will be too expensive for non-commercial use.

Comment

It's all yours if you want it...how much?

Comment

MrMxyzptlk,

Do you have it setup to show the message scroller at the bottom of your TV and the actual cable/channels showing above, when the TV is normally running.

Or did you somehow just activate the scroller when you need to display something?

Also, anyway to send an IP camera stream to it to just display when you want, perhaps when the doorbell rings, you split the screen, left shows the camera and right continues to show what you were watching

thanks

Comment

It's all on the fly, go read the manual for BrightAuthor, it shows how to overlay anything.
              This is serious professional hardware / software.

In non technical terms, I add a full screen live video passthrough frame (this is the TV HDMI feed from my video 'chain' (Comcast modem to TiVo / Cablecard to XBOX One to TV)) to my main presentation. I then add another frame (frame 2), to the pass thru frame (frame 1), frame 2 is a transparent scrolling text box that I positioned and sized at the bottom of the TV screen. I then connect to the BrightSign XT1134 and upload the presentation. This whole process takes less than 1 minute.

I now can dynamically send messages (text), to frame 2 via HTTP commands. I'm going to setup HS3 sometime soon so that messages will go out based on HS3 events.

...and no, you do not see the text box; I made it transparent...you could make it any level of transparent you want, if you want to see the box.
              I only see the text that I pushed to frame 2.

...yes the presentations are HTML 5 / Javascript, so anything you can have on a web page can be pushed.

Comment

I have wanted HDMI PIP so that I could watch a camera feed or the HS3 log while watching TV.

Thinking of giving SB-3691: 2x1 HDMI PiP/PoP Selector Switch Scaler a try.

It looks like you control it with ir and rs232:- Users Guide

Looks like ~ $350.00 retail. Here is another one that is cheaper, not sure if it is the same.
                DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
                  It's all on the fly, go read the manual for BrightAuthor, it shows how to overlay anything.
                  This is serious professional hardware / software.

In non technical terms, I add a full screen live video passthrough frame (this is the TV HDMI feed from my video 'chain' (Comcast modem to TiVo / Cablecard to XBOX One to TV)) to my main presentation. I then add another frame (frame 2), to the pass thru frame (frame 1), frame 2 is a transparent scrolling text box that I positioned and sized at the bottom of the TV screen. I then connect to the BrightSign XT1134 and upload the presentation. This whole process takes less than 1 minute.

I now can dynamically send messages (text), to frame 2 via HTTP commands. I'm going to setup HS3 sometime soon so that messages will go out based on HS3 events.

...and no, you do not see the text box; I made it transparent...you could make it any level of transparent you want, if you want to see the box.
                  I only see the text that I pushed to frame 2.

...yes the presentations are HTML 5 / Javascript, so anything you can have on a web page can be pushed.
                  Would you have any pics ?

Comment

I did not take a picture of the TV screen.

Like I said anything you can put on a website can be pushed to the final output.

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                      I have wanted HDMI PIP so that I could watch a camera feed or the HS3 log while watching TV.
                      Those units look promising. Do you plan to proceed with one of them?

The one is "only" $150. I suppose there is no chance the PIP could have a transparent background if the message was just text (??).

Comment

This looks interesting:

http://www.video-storm.com/residential.asp
                        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                        X