Simple dial out solution required for HS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple dial out solution required for HS2

I have ready many different posts regarding Way2Call, HS Phone and PCI Modem options but am not really certain I understand all the options available to perform what should be a very simple task and one I thought would be supported by HS2 'out of the box'.

I use Win 7 on the HS 2 PC. It has a 'Hayes compatible' PCI Modem which I would like to be able to use to dial one or more telephone numbers which maybe triggered by Blades Security plugin or a simple event. I do not need anything fancy, just dial a number and play a pre-recorded message would be ideal.

I may purchase a security console if that is the only way to get something to work, the functionailty provided by the Way2Call is far to complex (read expensive) for my needs. Suggestions on my options recognising I live in Australia which means the low cost dialers available in the US are not suitable if they are mains (not adapter) powered.

The Way2Call will work fine on USB power. It will give you full finctionality with HS2(PRO). With Win 7, it's really your only option.
    Watch eBay, and the 4-Sale section here for a used one (read cheaper).

To use the Hayes compat. modem to do what you want, you will likely need to interface to it directly using scripting. It should be not too difficult.

I am surprised there is no plugin available to do this. Hayes compatability is pretty much an industry standard.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

If you have text messaging on your phone then I would suggest having HomeSeer simply email you a text. Nearly all cell phone providers have email to text.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
      X