Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich said he will post .155 to the beta forum. Once he posts it I will link to it so you can download. I think there is an issue with .152 that is preventing you from seeing anything.

Comment

Very well.....we'll talk soon

Comment

Still struggling with having images show up on the tiles.

As an example, I loaded the hsthermostat tile and the up and down buttons don't show up. In my situtation, I created a directory in the html folder named Metro.. . ie. Homeseer HS3/html/Metro. The images for the up and down buttons are located in the img folder or Homeseer HS3/html/Metro/img.

In the html code the images are referenced by
        type="image" src="../../img/up.png. Is this correct?
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
          Still struggling with having images show up on the tiles.

As an example, I loaded the hsthermostat tile and the up and down buttons don't show up. In my situtation, I created a directory in the html folder named Metro.. . ie. Homeseer HS3/html/Metro. The images for the up and down buttons are located in the img folder or Homeseer HS3/html/Metro/img.

In the html code the images are referenced by
          type="image" src="../../img/up.png. Is this correct?
          Try just using "img/up.png"

Comment

Thanks.
            Don

Comment

Rich has posted a new beta. You can download .156 here:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173440

Anyone planning to use the proxy server for real-time updates from HomeSeer should download this build as it corrects a few issues in the ASCII interface.

Comment

That's great - will load tomorrow and try again

Comment

Just plugged in the new beta, and device changes coming through telnet session like gangbusters.
                  Don

Comment

Awesome! The proxy should work for you now! Especially since you resolved the firewall issue.

New build of the UI coming in the next few days. I've been working on adding some new features to include the ability to customize tile width, added a status only tile, and finishing up my thermostat widget.

Comment

Sounds great, how often does it poll for changes if you are not using the ASCII interface. Many of my devices don't have status value changes, so would not pick up the change in device string through the ASCII interface.
                      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                        Sounds great, how often does it poll for changes if you are not using the ASCII interface. Many of my devices don't have status value changes, so would not pick up the change in device string through the ASCII interface.
                        If you're not using the ASCII interface, it does not poll. That's why I added the refresh widget. What kinds of devices do you have that don't have a status value?

Comment

Now installed .156 and when telnet connects I get the stream of device changes just fine now.

Back to Step 12 though - the Service still wont start so do I need to uninstall the service and try again....if so can you help me with how to do that please.

PS looking at the DC stream, is the format DC, RefID, new_val, prev_val ??

Edit: Found out how to remove the service so went and readded it but no change - service wont start
                          Last edited by naellis; March 11, 2015, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                            If you're not using the ASCII interface, it does not poll. That's why I added the refresh widget. What kinds of devices do you have that don't have a status value?
                            I have quite a few devices which have a string but that is it, in my case they may be news items, system performance, pager messages, email subject and body, weather warning subject and body etc.

Each of those examples means the string gets updated, and the device update is also triggered, but because it does not change from ON to OFF or so on, it would not show up through the ASCII interface.
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

What about if you go back and run it from the terminal--node proxy.js <ip> <port>

Let's start there. I suspect there still might be something with your firewall.

Comment

I've added a new status widget that only displays a devices status text so I could also add a param for a refresh interval and have the widget requery after the specified interval. Would that work for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X