How do you remove a node - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove a node - Solved!

Installed my nodes base on proximity from node 1 (Smartstick +).

12th node was a zwave thermostat with 5 child nodes, Heat, fan, etc..

got to node 17 and moved the smartstick to a different USB port.

On restart the thermostat no longer functioned.

Removed thermostat and reinstalled it. Thermostat moved to node 24 and root node 12 still exists.
    Although most of the info on that node 12 is blank.

What is the best course of action to clean up and or remove node 12 which is still in the controller node information list.

This is what HS suggests.
    - Do an import on the zwave tab, that will create a device, probably named "Sigma..." for the missing device.
    - Then go into that device and on the Z-Wave tab click "Remove".
    - It sometimes gives a message that it didn't remove but it has been removed..
    - To check, restart the interface from the function men, or disable and re-enable the plugin, then go to the node info page and it should be gone. If so, you can then delete the device.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Removed dead node

Thank you this did work.

Off topic question.

I hit delete events on my motion controlled events and yup they where deleted.

What is a method to recover deleted events? with out restoring backed up pc.

Comment

Removing Phantom Nodes From HomeSeer 3

I realize this is an old thread, but I ran into this today when trying to add the latest HomeSeer Motion Sensors (HS-MS100+) to my system. They don't seem like they added correctly (I'm not getting motion notifications - something for another post), so I was trying to remove and re-add to see if it would help. This process left 2 phantom nodes. I was able to get rid of mine (and they seemed to have stayed removed) by using the "Remove Bad Node" option of the Z-Wave tab for the phantom nodes.

Note that node information must be kept somewhere other than the HomeSeer 3 folder as I first restored all files from a prior day's backup (1/17/18) when I had never attempted inclusion of my HomeSeer motion sensors prior. After restarting HomeSeer interface (after restore of 1/17 files/folders), the phantom node information was still present after system restore.

To remove the nodes, I essentially did the following:
        1. Click "Controller -> Z-Wave -> Node Information
        2. Click "Full Name" link for node to remove*
        3. Click Z-Wave tab, then click "Remove Bad Node"

*Note that the node number in this screen capture (#6) is not the phantom node from my system. I had already removed the two phantom nodes before I thought to grab a screen capture.

If this isn't a recommended way, please let me know or delete the post.

Thanks, Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

removing phantom node

Thanks Networkguy, i tried all kinds of other ways and yours was simple and it is now gone. It was driving me nuts that the nodes were not going to be sequential and just wanted to clean it up.

from another networking guy who's old enough to know what LAT and Appletalk is :-)

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            This is what HS suggests.
            - Do an import on the zwave tab, that will create a device, probably named "Sigma..." for the missing device.
            - Then go into that device and on the Z-Wave tab click "Remove".
            - It sometimes gives a message that it didn't remove but it has been removed..
            - To check, restart the interface from the function men, or disable and re-enable the plugin, then go to the node info page and it should be gone. If so, you can then delete the device.
            I have done this and the nodes still exist, both in Device Management and the Node Info page. I was recently importing a new device and wound up with 10 or so old devices that I had previously deleted. Granted, I deleted them from the device management page (I tried this method previously and it wasn't working so I got frustrated and just deleted them). Now they're back and I want to erase them properly - any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
              Thanks Networkguy, i tried all kinds of other ways and yours was simple and it is now gone. It was driving me nuts that the nodes were not going to be sequential and just wanted to clean it up.

from another networking guy who's old enough to know what LAT and Appletalk is :-)

Cheers!
              Hi Horse, glad it worked for you too. Mine were driving me nuts too! And I also remember AppleTalk from many years back - back then we also supported Token Ring and NetWare networks. Haven't really thought about those in a long time though... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBoySI View Post
                I have done this and the nodes still exist, both in Device Management and the Node Info page. I was recently importing a new device and wound up with 10 or so old devices that I had previously deleted. Granted, I deleted them from the device management page (I tried this method previously and it wasn't working so I got frustrated and just deleted them). Now they're back and I want to erase them properly - any ideas?
                Hi @

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBoySI View Post
                  Hi GadgetBoySI,

If you look up a few posts I suggested something that worked for me to get rid of phantom devices. I know it's not what HS suggests, but you might consider giving that a try - maybe you'll have better luck?

Thanks, Dave

Comment

I did the z-wave import and scan trick which re-created the sigma devices for the orphaned nodes. I then went to the device's z-wave tab and from there tried the Remove bad node which resulted in the error about it still communicating. I tried disabling and re-enabling the z-wave plugin, but no change.

What I finally did was to test connectivity to the node, which fails, and then click the Remove bad node button and this time it removes successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                      I did the z-wave import and scan trick which re-created the sigma devices for the orphaned nodes. I then went to the device's z-wave tab and from there tried the Remove bad node which resulted in the error about it still communicating. I tried disabling and re-enabling the z-wave plugin, but no change.

What I finally did was to test connectivity to the node, which fails, and then click the Remove bad node button and this time it removes successfully.
                      THANK YOU!

This is what finally worked for me as well.

Comment

Click on the 'Home' menu, you should see the 'Device List'.
                        Click on the name of the node you're trying to remove. You should see 4 tabs: Configuration, Advanced, Status Graphics, and Z-wave.
                        Click on the 'Z-wave' tab.
                        Click on the 'Test Connectivity' button, wait for it to report that it can't find the node.
                        Click on the 'Remove Node'
                        Voila!

Comment

Well, I just tried it and it looks like the Import/Scan no longer works to create the dummy devices.

I did an Import/Scan and I get Node 1 and then is starts at Node 11. So 10 nodes that are not available.

Any ideas?
                          Thanks
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Node Scan.png
Views:	2470
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	1408484

Comment

Deleted node numbers are not used until the system reaches the max number, then they get used----so they are not lost forever, but a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
                              Deleted node numbers are not used until the system reaches the max number, then they get used----so they are not lost forever, but a long time!
                              Ah ha!!! Now I can get back to binge watch The Marvelous Mr's Maisel ROFL

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X