This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    I think you need to be more specific on what type of fan switch your using.

I use both on/off switches for my fans and GE's new fan switch (which is a dimmer and shows up as a dimmer, but is made for fans with only 4 positions)

So with the GE fan switch it is a slider (dimmer) but it auto selects high med low depending on the % you slide to.

I'm assuming your not using a z-wave fan switch tho?
    I guess I wasn't specific enough. I am using insteon fanlincs via the isy. They do show up in ImperiHome, but as just switched. ImperiHome actually built a fan widget (or allowed you to use it) with the vera isy plugin fanlincs.

Right now I can turn them on and off, but they always just go to high and off.

BTW, I went with isy/insteon because at the time only leviton had a fan controller and it was expensive. I bought enough fanlincs, keypadlincs, and an isy for less than just buying the leviton fan controllers and a dimmer for those fans with lights. The added bonus is I get a fan controller and two dimmers in one gang (fanlincs goes in the fans canopy) or a fan controller, a dimmer and a switch (kpls can be bought with either a dimmer or a switch). Not to mention I can free up buttons on the kpls for scene control.

Sorry, went off topic there :-)
    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sirmeili; February 14, 2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I guess I wasn't specific enough. I am using insteon fanlincs via the isy. They do show up in ImperiHome, but as just switched. ImperiHome actually built a fan widget (or allowed you to use it) with the vera isy plugin fanlincs.

Right now I can turn them on and off, but they always just go to high and off.

BTW, I went with isy/insteon because at the time only leviton had a fan controller and it was expensive. I bought enough fanlincs, keypadlincs, and an isy for less than just buying the leviton fan controllers and a dimmer for those fans with lights. The added bonus is I get a fan controller and two dimmers in one gang (fanlincs goes in the fans canopy) or a fan controller, a dimmer and a switch (kpls can be bought with either a dimmer or a switch). Not to mention I can free up buttons on the kpls for scene control.

Sorry, went off topic there :-)
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Do they show up as a fan in HS? My GE one shows up as a dimmer so it acts like that in imperihome.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        Do they show up as a fan in HS? My GE one shows up as a dimmer so it acts like that in imperihome.
        In ImperiHome they show up as switches. No dimmer so its either high or off. In HS they show up ceiling fans with 4 buttons: off, low, med, and high

Comment

In ImperiHome they show up as switches. No dimmer so its either high or off. In HS they show up ceiling fans with 4 buttons: off, low, med, and high
          My ge fan switch shows up as a dimmer in imperihome on andriod. I can slide to get low med or high.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Thanks, I have been using dashboard view. I also identified it as a feature request, not a problem. However, since the ios client does not support exporting and importing, I'm not about to manually build that many pages for 4 different clients, hence the reason for my request... It will also reduce loading and refresh times and will significantly reduce the items I need to scroll through to pick items for the widgets in the dashboard. The android iapp groups them much better than the ios app. Only very few of my 600+ events need to be available for use within imperihome. I also know I can hide them in imperihome, but again don't want to have to repeat that across 4 devices.

Cheers
            Al
            Ahh yes imperihome home is behind in ios and i didn't think about that during my reply. Apologies for that. I have no experience with imperihome on ios. I used homewave on ios due to issues with imperihome.

Comment

Lot of great suggestions, thanks! I have updated my list in first post of this thread.

I'm guessing that ceiling fan may fall under multi choice actuator.
              Yes I think multi-choice actuator would be able to handle that kind of device.

support for multiple user accounts each with their own whitelists so that I can give my wife and kids access to only certain devices
              I haven't tested it yet but I think you could already do that by running multiple instances of the plugin (one for each user). You just need to make sure to use a different port for each user. If you want to copy a configuration from one instance to another, you just need to copy ImperiHome_instance1.ini to ImperiHome_instance2.ini
              Last edited by spud; February 14, 2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                I haven't tested it yet but I think you could already do that by running multiple instances of the plugin (one for each user). You just need to make sure to use a different port for each user. If you want to copy a configuration from one instance to another, you just need to copy ImperiHome_instance1.ini to ImperiHome_instance2.ini
                Thanks spud, will give that a try. When you implement a whitelist, it would be great if there could be a separate one for each instance.

Thanks
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Spud all is looking great. I have a question (for anyone) since you have several pay apps.

I'm new to Homeseer and and on trials for alot of things.

How does most (maybe not just yours) registration go? Is it locked per computer or what? I want to know my limitations on most registrations for homeseer. If I swap out my hardware, upgrade my software whats affected?
                  Right now I'm running HS3 on a desktop I use for Blue Iris, PLEX, if I move HS3 off my desktop to another PC or if I change up to PRO how do most plugin licenses work?

Comment

Can you please add support for Energy Monitoring devices (like Aeon HEM).

Imperihome has some great graphics for energy meters on my Vera.

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
                      Can you please add support for Energy Monitoring devices (like Aeon HEM).

Imperihome has some great graphics for energy meters on my Vera.
                      It already supports it. Add them under sensors.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Hi spud,

One more feature request

I've added quite a few sensors and the list is getting quite large. It would be great to have a way to sort and filter them.

Thanks
                        Al

Comment

Wow, the UI looks GREAT!
                          Very Nice Work Spud!!
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Excellent Spud!

How about devices (doors, windows, motion and such) that map to non-security status? Doors and Windows to Open/Close, Motion to Movement/No Movement?

Perhaps there is already a way but I am quite the noob on the new UI tool.

Thank you,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                              Excellent Spud!

How about devices (doors, windows, motion and such) that map to non-security status? Doors and Windows to Open/Close, Motion to Movement/No Movement?

Perhaps there is already a way but I am quite the noob on the new UI tool.

Thank you,

Chris
                              From the config page of the plugin you can map any HS device which has 2 status value to a security device in ImperiHome.
                              In ImperiHome you can customize the icon of the device, but I don't think (not 100% sure though) you can customize the OK/Alarm status text.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                                but I don't think (not 100% sure though) you can customize the OK/Alarm status text.
                                That text in VERA was the last tripped data instead of the OK/Alarm! Text.

I icon above that text in the dashboard can be an open or closed window or a door and the text is better used for last tripped.

It was nice as I could see the last time a door or window was opened on the fly. I'm not sure if there is anyway to do that same in this case.

Comment

Working...
                                X