X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all messages received acted upon?

Hi Paul,

This is subsequent to my PM earlier.

I did another test with debug both on the PHLocation plugin and the EgiGeoZoneBT app.

EgiGeoZoneBT sent 83 tracking messages. I didn't do a complete check, but they all seem to be logged in HomeSeerLog.hsd.

In PHLocation.phd, only 11 tracking entries appear for that test period.

How does your plugin determine what gets 'retained' as tracking entries?

I'm assuming EgiGeoZoneBT sends out tracking information at the specified poll interval, regardless whether GPS coordinates have changed or not. Fair assumption?

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Hi Paul,

This is subsequent to my PM earlier.

I did another test with debug both on the PHLocation plugin and the EgiGeoZoneBT app.

EgiGeoZoneBT sent 83 tracking messages. I didn't do a complete check, but they all seem to be logged in HomeSeerLog.hsd.

In PHLocation.phd, only 11 tracking entries appear for that test period.

How does your plugin determine what gets 'retained' as tracking entries?

I'm assuming EgiGeoZoneBT sends out tracking information at the specified poll interval, regardless whether GPS coordinates have changed or not. Fair assumption?
    As far as I'm aware EgiGeoZone does send at the interval you have configured, regardless if the location has changed or not.

The plug-in uses the criteria you have set for that user to determine if it is a new or more accurate location.

1. Minimum distance to move
    2. Ignore new position if speed >
    3. Ignore new position if accuracy >

An additional check is performed to make sure that the fix time reported is later than the last stored value.

If the above criteria is satisfied, then it will store the location.

In summary:
    You could have several updates come in with the same location (within the min dist to move) but the plug-in will only store the first one for that location.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
    X