Remote Music Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Music Control

Is there any way to have an HS3 event command an Echo or Google Home to "Play Music" in much the same way that the Sonos Plugin works?

Doug

In theory, this can be done, but would require a plugin that does not exist.

HomeSeer has no plans to build an official add-on for this process.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I have an HS3 speaker client in range of my Echo. On a couple of occasions I've had an HS3 event speak an Alexa command. Once was to buy a Dot (when they were first released) and nobody was home to voice order it.
      cheeryfool

Comment

I have an Echo Dot fairly close to my speakers that I use to make announcements. I have an event that is triggered when my car RFID tag goes out of range. The event announces "Alexa, stop". This makes the echo stop playing. It works most of the time. I use the Neospeech Kate voice. I considered creating a similar event to announce "Alexa, play". This would make the Echo resume playing. But I haven't done it yet.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Echo or Google Play Music Control

Thanks for the insight, I had not thought of triggering the voice recognition devices that way.

I am going to try grouping multiple Google Plays and starting them playing music with a HS3 speak event in the morning.

Doug

Comment

Working...
          X