www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeTroller-SEL

HomeTroller-SEL Discussions related to the HomeTroller-SEL automation controller

Old May 21st, 2016, 11:36 AM
Seer

How to get root access to HomeTroller?

Hi
I am facing some problems with the RFXcom plugin (due to using a prototype 868 MHz version). Therefore I got a special beta-version of the plugin from Bert and need to load that into my HomeTroller SEL.

However this is where I am too Linux-stupid apparently.

Was told to rename the original HSPI_RFXCOM.EXE into e.g. HSPI_RFXCOM.OLD - tried to do this from the Linux tools menu item in my Hometroller SEL. Nothing happens. I assume this is due to lacking access rights. The file has the following permissions:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 658432 Jul 1 2015 HSPI_RFXCOM.exe

tried a CHMOD on the file... That fails too. Probably because only "root"-user has rw-access??

How can I proceed? I have no ideas myself...

Thanks for any help.
Old May 21st, 2016, 11:51 AM
OverSeer

Take a look at this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162297. It should give you the info you need.
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Seer

No root access on Hometroller SEL

Tried all of the the above and the referenced link with success. I am trying to install the OpenSprinkler plugin and need to move some files to an image folder and the ini file to the config folder and exe to the HomeSeer folder.

I can SSH in using homeseer and the password I created and log in and get the proverbial "permission denied" response when attempting to copy the files.

Any ideas?

have tried homeseer/hsthsths3 (wrong password error)
homeseer/mypw gets in but no luck with permissions

Found I have to use the sudo command before each copy command and then everything worked.

Last edited by ocxoman; February 7th, 2017 at 10:47 PM. Reason: found my solution
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Seer Master

If memory serves, when I had to roll back a Z-Wave plug-in, I ran into this same issue. What I ended up doing was removing the ssd from the SEL box, and plugging it into my computer so I could copy the appropriate files.