X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that the proposed icons do have a dated feel to them.. I think something that follows the theme of how buttons/icons on an iphone look is both up to date and versitile:

Lightly rounded squares with a tiny hint of depth. The color of the button can more effectively communicate the status of the device than the shape and or color of the picture of the device in the button.

For example, look at the pic attached, all the icons are clear and represent what we're looking at, with the "title" text not being necessary for most of them. Of these, the one that's out of place is the icon for "AppoloIM" which does not follow the theme of the others.

The other neat thing about using a "button" as icons is that you can offer a blank button is various colors (red, amber, green, black, etc.) that folks canbuild custom button on.

Hmm, all this talk is inspiring me to create some new buttons of my own.
    Attached Files
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      We updating our HS2/HSPRO status icons to enhance status views for the web interface (and HSTouch). The new icons will be twice as large (32 x 32) and will be png images. However, an upcoming release will allow users to scale the images to whatever size they want. If you're a longtime user and prefer the older icons, that's fine too.

Anyway, we're looking for a little feedback. Here's a screenshot of some of the new icons.
      Well I like them.

How do I get them without upgrading?
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
        Well I like them.

that is what im wondering
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
          Well I like them.

One way is to temporarily install a beta as trial on another computer and just copy them over from html/images.

John

Comment

Historically Homeseer products have not been known for the eyecandy type of graphics. Companies such as Cinemar have filled in the gap with an improved front-end interface providing better graphical user interface.

While HSTOUCH now provides some of the same designer type of capability, the graphical library in this product us still very limited.

It would be nice for HST to bundle for home automation type of graphics and provide better instructions of how to use these tools so that novices are quickly able to create nice looking UI scenes.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by johnz View Post
              One way is to temporarily install a beta as trial on another computer and just copy them over from html/images.

John

well maybe ill give the beta a try... I am installing whs on a machine right now... then will try and get the beta installed.. see how well that works.. if not.. copy pics out then get the one i use working....
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                If you are talking about the new icons they come with any new HomeSeer build after 2.3.19.
                Rupp, I just installed the latest beta (2.3.0.126) for reasons other than icons. Any way to change the icon size back and change back to orignal icons.

Comment

I believe you can replace them with your old ones if you have a backup. What I'm not sure about is the names as the new ones are .pngs
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, they are actually still gif's that are showing up on my device page. Weird thing is if I go to the html/images/homeseer directory the images are 16x16 but if I right click on the hs webpage the icons are 24x24. Is there a setting somewhere to adjust icon size?

Comment

Have a look at the style.css page located in the html directory.

Comment

Don't know what I am looking for but this looks mostly like colors, etc. I don't see any settings formating icons. So I went back to the HS icons and the lighting ones look OK. My Blade and Doolittle plugin controlled icons also look fine but smaller. The icons for the ACRF-2 plugin however look blown up (fuzzy and 24x24) even though the actual file is 16x16. I tried using other 16x16 icons, deleting browser cache, etc....no luck.

I don't mind HS trying out some new icons, but at least give us some control over them. Also, how is this going to impact all the other plugin developers? They all have 16x16.

Comment

You can change the sizes. Here's the release notes for the 2.3.0.112 beta:
                          New, updated icons for use with the device status page have been created. Also, new settings.ini entries were created to control the size of the status icon. There are 2 new settings that control the size of the status icons. The new icons are 32x32 so they display nicely on touch screens. HSTouch will automatically use these new icons when displaying status. HomeSeer scales them to 24x24 by default. If you want to change this add the following 2 settings to your settings.ini file to the [Display] section. If you do not want any scaling, set the size to 0:
                          StatusImageSizeWidth=size
                          StatusImageSizeHeight=size

Comment

If you are talking about the new icons they come with any new HomeSeer build after 2.3.19.

I did the HS2 to HSPro update with version 2.3.0.86, I don't notice any change in my icons. Did this version have that feature since it was just intended to be an easy way to update a Hometroller with HSPro? If so, what release version should I upgrade to? If they are included, in what folder should I look for them in?

Thanks.

Comment

For anyone who wants the new icons but can't get them by updating, just refer back to post #1. I've added them there: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=1

Comment

You can change the sizes. Here's the release notes for the 2.3.0.112 beta:
                                Thanks Rupp, that did the trick. As I noted in my previous post, the new settings had some varying effects on third party plugin icons. The Blade icons and the Doolittle icons stayed at 16x16 and were not scaled to the default 24x24. The ACRF2 icons which are native 16x16 were upscaled to 24x24 resulting in a blurry icon. Not sure how the 3rd party community will support the new icons (multiple sizes, scalable icons?, nothing) but I expect this will force some to keep the 16x16 size since some of the plugins are less developed these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X