www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > PI-SonosController (3P)

PI-SonosController (3P) Discussion of Sonos Controller Plug-in

Old December 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Seer Master

Thank you for your answer Dirk.

However, I think it's one of those situations where I dont see the forest because the trees obstructs my vision ...

I'm OK with creating the groups, but more to the point : how do I generate a script action to activate the link and unlink buttons for these groups ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
Hi there,
You can now generate an action for this button from any script when you want to turn the link group on, or generate an action for the off button, whenever you're done.
Dirk

Last edited by fran_joel; December 20th, 2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:15 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_joel View Post
I'm OK with creating the groups, but more to the point : how do I generate a script action to activate the link and unlink buttons for these groups ?
hmm, I see your point now that I dug up my HS script info, you can easily generate events for a device with status on/off but when the device has multiple buttons things get a bit convoluted.

Here is how to do it:
  1. the example assumes the HS device code for the UPNP Master is ]1, so substitute with your device code
  2. you need to come up with a HS-button-number for the buttons you want to activate. The FIRST Link button has value 6, the FIRST unlink button has value 7. Example: if you created two link groups, first called TTS and second called PARTY, then you'll see a total of 4 new buttons under the UPNP Master device called
    • Link-TTS Unlink-TTS
    • Link-PARTY Unlink-PARTY
  3. In this example Link-TTS has value 6, Unlink-TTS has value 7, Link-Party value 8, Unlink-Party value 9 and so on.

The script command to Link-TTS is now:
&hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 6 , 0
The script command to UnLink-TTS is now:
&hs.ExecX10 "]1" , "Value set" , 7 , 0

I'll dig some more in the HS scripting documentation to see whether there is a command that can use the name of the button rather then the value. I'll have to add this to the user documentation. By the way, this principle goes for all the buttons

Dirk
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Seer Master

Ok that's exactly what I was looking for.

May I suggest that you update the plugin documentation to reflect that ?

Thank you !
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_joel View Post
May I suggest that you update the plugin documentation to reflect that ?
Done in recent released v.049

Dirk.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Seer Plus

Playlists and Music Database

My playlists and Music do not show up when I try to assign them in an event. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Philip
pabbott@cpak.com
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
Seer Plus

More info on problem

I can't see the libraries or playlists on the controller screens either in homeseer.

XP pro
Homeseer pro
NO firewall running on the homeseer box.

Thanks,
Philip
pabbott@cpak.com
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabbott@cpak.com View Post
My playlists and Music do not show up when I try to assign them in an event. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Hi Philip, does anything show up when you follow the next steps:

1. select "sonoscontroller actions" under "Add Action"
  2. select zone player under "Zone Player Name" (top right on page)

Once you select a zone player, the plug-in will pull up the information out of the MusicDB and your drop down lists should contain artists/playlists/albums etc.

Now you do need to create your MusicDB before you can do anything, you do that by clicking on the "BuildDB" button in the "status page".

If none of that works, check your log for errors.

Hope that helps and keep us informed on progress/issues

Dirk
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Seer Plus

Working thanks

It started working now....

Thanks for the help.

Philip
pabbott@cpak.com
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Seer Plus

Thanks and problem.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks again for making this plugin...IT's so much easier to deal with than the scripts. I've upgraded to the current .49 version. Trying to get the speaker client and TTS Groups working. When I press the add link group I get the following error in the log. Any ideas?

1/9/2011 10:56:41 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Thanks again,
Philip
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Seer Master

Thank you from me also.

After evaluating the plugin, I've decided to buy it. It's really useful...
Old January 10th, 2011, 06:25 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Hi Dirk,

Thanks again for making this plugin...IT's so much easier to deal with than the scripts. I've upgraded to the current .49 version. Trying to get the speaker client and TTS Groups working. When I press the add link group I get the following error in the log. Any ideas?

1/9/2011 10:56:41 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Thanks again,
Philip
Hi Philip, sorry for the slow response but I'm currently out of town and cannot simulate anything. A couple of questions though:

1. is this the first linkgroup you are creating? I'm trying to remember whether I tested it with zero linkgroups created and then adding them using the config pages rather then adding/deleting groups when I already had some.
  2. you can always send me a private email with your .ini file and I can have a look at it see if there is anything wrong with it.
  3. is this just an error or are you completely unable to create anything?
Cheers,

Dirk
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Seer Plus

This is my first link group and it doesn't create anything.

Thanks,
Philip
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
This is my first link group and it doesn't create anything.

Thanks,
Philip
Hi Philip,

I won't be able to do anything until next week as I'm out of town.
If it can't wait that long, perhaps you can manually populate the first link group and see if that takes care of business. If not, then the problem must be found somewhere else in you .ini file. Here are the sections that you should add to your .ini file

In the HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.INI file add the following lines:

[LinkgroupNames]
Names=Party
[LinkgroupZoneSource]
Party=Patio;1
[LinkgroupZoneDestination]
Party=Patio

Substitute the Zone name "Patio" with one of your zones

Let me know how that went

Dirk
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
Hi Philip,

I won't be able to do anything until next week as I'm out of town.
If it can't wait that long, perhaps you can manually populate the first link group and see if that takes care of business. If not, then the problem must be found somewhere else in you .ini file. Here are the sections that you should add to your .ini file

In the HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.INI file add the following lines:

[LinkgroupNames]
Names=Party
[LinkgroupZoneSource]
Party=Patio;1
[LinkgroupZoneDestination]
Party=Patio

Substitute the Zone name "Patio" with one of your zones

Let me know how that went

Dirk

Added it at the end of the file and it doesn't show up on the config web page and doesn't let me add still

What's your email and I'll send you my ini file..

Thanks,
Philip
pabbott@cpak.com
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:11 AM
OverSeer

Philip,

I tried to create Linkgroups starting from none, couldn't detect any issue. After looking at your .ini files I think you have the some problem as upstatemike where the string in the .ini file became to long.

I sent you private a DLL that should take care of this and an official new beta will be posted soon. Could you confirm that it now works else we'll need to look at other potential issues before I release a new version

Thanks

Dirk
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Seer Plus

Works

The linkgroups show up now on the config page with the new dll.

Thanks,
Philip
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Seer Plus

Detect Line in

Will the plugin allow for scripting of when a line-in is detected. I'm trying to link an intercom system into the setup. So when I call a number it will auto-answer and send the audio to a line-in on one of my players. Then I'd like to link it into the rest of the players and speak through it.

Possible?

Thanks,
Philip
pabbott@cpak.com
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:40 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Will the plugin allow for scripting of when a line-in is detected. I'm trying to link an intercom system into the setup. So when I call a number it will auto-answer and send the audio to a line-in on one of my players. Then I'd like to link it into the rest of the players and speak through it.

Possible?

Thanks,
Philip
pabbott@cpak.com
Hi Philip,

not sure I get the question correct but let me describe the limitations. Sonos will generate an event when the line-in get physically connected (I think they have some contact that get's opened/close when you insert a jack) but it does not generate an event when something is actually being received.

Is there a way to generate an event when you use the intercom so it would trigger a link/unlink event? Need to noodle this over, maybe other users have some ideas of how to generate an event.

You write "call a number" ... is there actually a device that rings and answers? If so, I'm sure there are some other plug-ins (and some HW like a modem) that could be used to generate the event.

Cheers,

Dirk
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Seer Plus

Phone Intercom

Yes it is actually a VOIP phone that is set to autoanswer and output to a speaker jack that I was planning on plugging into the Sonos player. I could setup a VOIP to analog adapter in addition that would have the same extension/number and ring as well if their was another device that could detect that it was ringing and then I could set the zones based on that event.

Thanks,
Philip
Old February 25th, 2011, 12:02 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Yes it is actually a VOIP phone that is set to autoanswer and output to a speaker jack that I was planning on plugging into the Sonos player. I could setup a VOIP to analog adapter in addition that would have the same extension/number and ring as well if their was another device that could detect that it was ringing and then I could set the zones based on that event.

Thanks,
Philip
Hi Philip,

you may want to check out the VoIP plug-ins (http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-C95.aspx) or better, post on one of the VoIP web-sites. There is a lot of stuff that can be done with SIP, including generating messages or SMS that could be directed to a HS plug-in. If you could run a SIP client on your HS PC, you wouldn't need a second piece of HW, you would only need the client and a plug-in. Check out the SIP Connector plugin (http://store.homeseer.com/store/SIP-...n-P281C95.aspx), this might be of interest.

Dirk