www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > PI-SonosController (3P)

PI-SonosController (3P) Discussion of Sonos Controller Plug-in

Old April 16th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
Toby, I received an email from Rich Helmke advising you to "Make sure he is using hsprotect to save changes after he enters the license"

Hope this helps

Dirk
Dcorsus,

Any update on how to stop HomeSeer asking for your licence password every time we re-start HomeSeer? Although we do not re-start HomeSeer very oftern it is very annoying if we forget to re-register on line when the plugin stops working 7 days later.

We always save the licence details to the C drive but it makes no difference!

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.
Old April 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
I'm going to have to forward this question to the HS team. Plug-ins don't really do anything wrt licenses, but it could be that my installer is doing something wrong. Did you google for any other postings on similar problem?

Dirk
Any update on this issue? We always save the changes to the C: drive with HS protect but still to no avail.
Old April 17th, 2011, 03:02 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lankester View Post
Any update on this issue? We always save the changes to the C: drive with HS protect but still to no avail.
Toby,

sorry to read that this problem hasn't been solved. This really is an HS thing so the only advice I can offer is, uninstall the plugin completely and re-install and see if that solve things. Maybe the license that was created by HS has an issue, perhaps ask them to regenerate a new key. Suggest you browse the HS forum on similar issues or post in the relevant forum your question.

Maybe other users reading this posting have this plug-in installed on a HomeTroller and perhaps have some words of advice.

The latest beta is available from the installer, maybe after uninstalling the plugin, start installing from there and see if that takes care of business

Sorry for not being very helpful here.

Dirk
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Seer

Hi Dirk,

Well things just got worse!! After the lastest updater'ing the Sonos Controller went to trial mode again. But this time we could not register online, as each time we try we get an error message "Registration error! 43887 sonoscontroller_v2: License is not active. Contact technical support for assistance."

Can you help?

Many thanks
Toby
Old April 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lankester View Post
Hi Dirk,

Well things just got worse!! After the lastest updater'ing the Sonos Controller went to trial mode again. But this time we could not register online, as each time we try we get an error message "Registration error! 43887 sonoscontroller_v2: License is not active. Contact technical support for assistance."

Can you help?

Many thanks
Toby
Hi Toby,

I'll put an email into HomeSeer but I suggest you do the same thing in parallel and raise it as a bug. The plug-in doesn't do anything except for answering yes/no during initialization that it requires a license, all else is HS stuff.
I did come across this posting (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...11&postcount=6), wonder whether there is a bug in HS, which HS version are you using?

Dirk
Old April 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Make sure you have the latest HS (2.5.0.20) on your HomeTroller or you will see this license issue.

website | products | support | youtube
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:18 PM
Seer Plus

Playlists stopped working

Hello everyone.

I'm getting a problem with loading playlists etc in events and on zones in Homeseer.

I tried hitting the build DB on the controller device and I get the following in the log.

7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER CreateTrackDatabase called with C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\SonosController\MusicDb\SonosDB.mdb and Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\SonosController\MusicDb\SonosDB.mdb for zoneplayer =
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildTrackDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildArtistDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildAlbumDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildRadioStationDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildPlaylistDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildSonosPlaylistDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildGenreDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER BuildTrackDatabase Done for zoneplayer =

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Philip
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:26 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabbott@cpak.com View Post
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER CreateTrackDatabase called with C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\SonosController\MusicDb\SonosDB.mdb and Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\SonosController\MusicDb\SonosDB.mdb for zoneplayer =
7/1/2011 11:15:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in BuildTrackDB/Browse for zoneplayer = with UPNP Error = 791: Unknown error type. OrgError=91. Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hi Philip,

strange that the zoneplayer name is missing in the errors. When you go to the sonos config screen, which player is selected in the "DB Zone Name" field. I have the impression the plug-in tries to create a music DB from a player that is not on-line or renamed. Try to enter (and save) a player that is on-line and see if that takes care of business. If no name is specified, the plug-in will take the first player it learned (which would be the first one in your list of devices) but if that player is gone, maybe that's why the errors.

Dirk
Old July 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Seer Plus

Zone/Music DB Issue

It was set to one of the zones on the config page. I changed it to another and rebuilt the database and it found it. Strange that it wouldn't take that other zone. Is there a config file where that zone name for the musicdb is located so I could check to see if it's in there when using that zone?

Thanks,
Philip
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
It was set to one of the zones on the config page. I changed it to another and rebuilt the database and it found it. Strange that it wouldn't take that other zone. Is there a config file where that zone name for the musicdb is located so I could check to see if it's in there when using that zone?

Thanks,
Philip
Hi Philip,

glad it works. If you want to check whether the other zone works, try some of the buttons, like play/pause on the status screen.

Cheers,

Dirk
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
jaycollett

Had the same problem as Phillip after upgrading when trying to build the database. I verified both zones I have were online and functional but decided I'd change to the other in the config screen anyhow to see if that fixed the issue and it did. Perhaps some issue with the upgrade wiping out the setting in some configuration file?
Old March 19th, 2012, 04:55 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycollett View Post
Had the same problem as Phillip after upgrading when trying to build the database. I verified both zones I have were online and functional but decided I'd change to the other in the config screen anyhow to see if that fixed the issue and it did. Perhaps some issue with the upgrade wiping out the setting in some configuration file?
So far, none of the upgrades have touched the config file ever. What I have experienced in the past (and why you can select which zone to use as DB source) is that some players are much more responsive.

I thought it had to do with wireless versus wired players, but I have had issues with wiring up all players causing network loops so I actually had to keep some players wireless (never figured out why and there are some posting out there suggesting STP not to work all the time between wired network and their wireless network).

What I'm trying to say is that communication with a Sonos player might not be as "direct" as one would think, including perhaps some hop-by-hop forwarding by the players themselves leading to different response times. In fact, I've seen many times that power cycling a player knocks another player off-line, this doesn't mean it is resetting, UPnP briefly loses communication which could be because the players are busy synchronizing between each other or their own little network is re-converging.

You can't get anything out of the Sonos folks so one can only guess how they have implemented things

One final note, if you do not specify a dedicated zone, the plugin will use the first zone it ever discovered. If that zone is not on-line anymore, it shouldn't have worked before the upgrade and neither would it work after the upgrade. I did change the internal behavior of the plug-in quite a while ago (from which version did you upgrade?) where I now use Unique Device Names (UDN in short a bit like a MAC address) and I wonder whether that caused an issue. Did you have any zone specified before the upgrade?

Dirk

Dirk
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:44 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycollett View Post
I looked at the code just now, can't spot anything that would cause an issue. If you upgrade from a version pre .v58, the zone to use would be stored by its given name and not by its UDN. Both cases should work unless you changed its name or there is something in the plugin that I overlooked and changing it and saving it fixes the problem.

Dirk
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Seer Master

how using sonos on HS?

what are some things that people are doing with Sonos on HS? how mioght I use it
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Seer Plus

Sonos playbar

Hi Dirk,

I just got a PLAYBAR.....Any way to support that outside of a regular player....It looks like it has a special option of playing the output from the TV that shows up not in sources but on the main page.

Thanks,
Philip
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:12 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
It looks like it has a special option of playing the output from the TV that shows up not in sources but on the main page.
Any screenshots or some more description? What is different about this player?

Dirk
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Seer Plus

Playbar Differences

It only has an optical in.

Then on the main music page there is a tv option that you can play on it. This option only shows up for the playbar.

The playbar is associate with a SUB and/or Play:3's(or other rear speaker with sons). When you select TV. It links all that together.

Of course the linking is easy to do currently....The only problem is since there isn't a typical line in source for that optical (it only shows up as the TV option on the main list of Music.

Thanks,
Philip
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:52 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
It only has an optical in.

Then on the main music page there is a tv option that you can play on it. This option only shows up for the playbar.

The playbar is associate with a SUB and/or Play:3's(or other rear speaker with sons). When you select TV. It links all that together.

Of course the linking is easy to do currently....The only problem is since there isn't a typical line in source for that optical (it only shows up as the TV option on the main list of Music.

Thanks,
Philip
Philip, 699$ for the playbar for sure isn't cheap and I really have no need for one. Would it be possible to turn the Sonos PI debug flag on, let HS log to disk, start with the Playbar just by itself, use the Sonos Controller to group it with a Sub if you have that and your S3. Than unlink all of it. Email me the log so I can see what's happening, maybe I can add it without a need to buy one.

If you can grab some screenshots from the Sonos PC controller how it is implemented would be very helpful as well.

Dirk
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

Just starting to move my Win HS3 to a RPI2.

Installed the plugin, but it won't detect my S5. I do see the bridge and S5 when I click on the 'View Sonos Devices' button, but the player wont show up in the player table.

Any thoughts ?
Old September 18th, 2015, 08:04 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz83 View Post
Hi,

Just starting to move my Win HS3 to a RPI2.

Installed the plugin, but it won't detect my S5. I do see the bridge and S5 when I click on the 'View Sonos Devices' button, but the player wont show up in the player table.

Any thoughts ?
Which version of the PI are you using?
Can you post a screen shot of the player device table and the result of "View Sonos Devices"
If nothing turns up, can you turn the Sonos debug flag on and the UPNP debug logging level to events and restart HS or the PI and capture/post the log. Any errors in that log?

Dirk