www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > PI-SonosController (3P)

PI-SonosController (3P) Discussion of Sonos Controller Plug-in

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
Thank you Dirk.

The script work when I design the form. When in run time only getNextTrack and GetNextArtist work, GetNextAlbumArt Does not work. Tnen I used the direct address to the pictures http://HSPC-IP:Port/sonoscontroller/...nextcover1.jpg in the ImageURLNormal Property and it worked. It is working fine except, when you stop the player does not clear the images.

Plamen
Hi Plamen,

I suspect the reason the image doesn't show up might have to do with that you use a different port setting. Did you try to change the script from

Return "http://Localhost" & MusicApi.NextAlbumArtPath()

to

Return "http://HSPC-IP:Port" & MusicApi.NextAlbumArtPath()

It wouldn't surprise me that the info for next track doesn't get reset when stopped. Through UPnP, the plug-in receives events that are a pack of tags and the plug-in searches for the tags and when included it updates the information. When a player is stopped, the tag holding info on the current track is there (and empty) but most likely the tag for next track isn't and therefore the information doesn't get updated. If it bother you, I can have a look at it, just need to make sure I don't break other scenarios when I now start changing things I didn't receive information for.

Dirk
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
OverSeer

New beta v.60 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.60:

• Broke "BUILDDB" function when changing from zone names to UDNs
  • Issue with existing actions now ending up in error when zone name is converted to UDN and back
  • re(un)doing some of the S5 pairing implementation, especially renaming the zones with an (L) and (R) extension appears to be problematic for HST screens
  • fixed a problem in handling concurrent announcement in the "play to file" mode, where file errors appeared due to re-entrancy of the procedure
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Flame

TTS -> "track changed" side effect

Dirk,

Using this &hs.SpeakEx(60 , "The time is $time") to anounce the time on the sonos players, it seem to speak fine , but it triggers "track changed" event few times. I have other actions on that event, and they are not relevant to TTS anounsments to sonos players. Look like it trigger on each word. Can you disable the event when it is TTS?

Plamen
Old March 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
Dirk,

Using this &hs.SpeakEx(60 , "The time is $time") to anounce the time on the sonos players, it seem to speak fine , but it triggers "track changed" event few times. I have other actions on that event, and they are not relevant to TTS anounsments to sonos players. Look like it trigger on each word. Can you disable the event when it is TTS?

Plamen
Hi Plamen,

I filter those out in the script in the following way:

Sub Main(ByVal ZoneName As String)

Dim MusicApi
Try

Dim pi As Object
pi = hs.Plugin("SONOSCONTROLLER")

If pi Is Nothing Then

hs.writelog("Script", "empty")
Exit Sub

End If

MusicApi = pi.GetMusicAPI(ZoneName)
If MusicAPI.CurrentArtist.IndexOf(".wav") = -1 Then
hs.writelog("Script", "Speak " & MusicApi.CurrentArtist & " " & MusicApi.CurrentTrack)
hs.Speak(MusicApi.CurrentArtist & " " & MusicApi.CurrentTrack, "True")
'hs.Speak(MusicApi.CurrentTrack, "True")
End If

Catch ex As Exception

hs.writelog("Script", "Music API not found")
Exit Sub

End Try

End Sub

Hope this helps

Dirk
Old April 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM
OverSeer

New beta v.63 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.63:

• Zones remained in status "Linked" in the plug-in after they were linked/unlinked, causing wrong track-info to be reported
  • Zones which are linked to an audio Input will start playing, even if in stop state, after an announcement
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Seer Master

Hi Dirk

Where can I download latest? Updater is showing latest as 1.0.0.49

Regards

mark
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:44 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
Hi Dirk

Where can I download latest? Updater is showing latest as 1.0.0.49

Regards

mark
Hi Mark,

you can download it here (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=1) and I already have an email into HS folks to update the updater.

Cheers,

Dirk
Old April 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Seer Master

Thanks
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:50 AM
OverSeer

New beta v.65 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.65:
  • Rearranged some Sonos commands to restore the players after an announcement. Sometimes players turn "ON" after the announcement, even though they were "STOPPED"
  • Issue with plug-in generating errors every 10 seconds when a zone is powered down
  • For those using an RSS feed on artwork. For linked players, the artwork for linked players in the \image directory will be updated as well
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Seer Deluxe

Speak client id

Trying out the Sonos plugin - very impressive!

I would like to use it for speak, but what will the host:instance id be for my Sonos?

Best

/Mav
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
Trying out the Sonos plugin - very impressive!

I would like to use it for speak, but what will the host:instance id be for my Sonos?

Best

/Mav
Hi Maverick,

the host:instance is the speaker app from homeseer. You can find it by clicking on "Setup" in your Homeseer web page and you can find the host:instance at the bottom. If you see none, it means that your speaker application is not running. This app turns text into speech; Sonos cannot do that but once the app has converted it to speech, you can stream it through any player.

Good luck

Dirk
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Flame

HSTouch not showing players again.

Looks like, after the riscent update of the Sonos firmware, HSTouch not showing the players when only HS program is restarted.
If I restart the computer, they show correctly. I remember there was similar issue last year.
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:17 AM
OverSeer

New beta v.67 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.67:
  • Further optimized linking for announcements, shaving off a second or two for small configs and tens of seconds for large link groups
  • Fixed and error with "Error in CopyArtworkForLinkedZone" when the URL is empty
  • Made small change to the SonosController.aspx file allowing Speaker devices >=100 in the Sonos Config screen
Old November 25th, 2011, 03:26 AM
OverSeer

New beta v.69 posted

Changes to v.69

• Added 2 new API calls ie SaveAllPlayersState() and RestoreAllPlayersState(). This could come in handy if you for example have an event to turn off all players when you leave the house and resume everything when you come back.
  • Found an issue with saving the queue for announcements. If multiple players are involved in a linkgroup, it appears that the Sonosplayers need time to synchronize between them when you use a savequeue command from different players. If they don't sync, the same queueIndex is used internally and you start losing info. I added a 250ms wait after saving a queue. This will unfortunately make linking with players with queues slightly slower but I couldn't find any other work around.
  • Fixed another bug where I somehow lost my zonename in my .ini file causing issues with restoring linked players after an announcement ends.
  • Fixed when a player is master of a linkgroup (i.e. you linked other players to this player), if this player participates in an announcement, but not the other (slave) linked players, after the announcement ends, the linkgroup is broken.
  • Fixed radio art work missing when radio station is streamed via a CDN network like Akamai.
  • Now that the plug-in saves queues during linking/unlinking, a bunch of DevicePropertiesStateChange message show up in your log. I removed them, they would only show up with the debug flag on.
  • Fixed a bug when you use "speak to file" and have multiple announcements in one text string, you may find your queue populated with files but nothing played.
  • Added new functions in the event/action section. You can now create events to NextRadioStation/PrevRadioStation/NextPlaylist/PrevPlaylist/ClearQueue/Unlink/Link
  • New API calls were added for the above, including a Link function
  • Changed behavior for linked zones. If Zone is linked, issuing play/pause/stop/next/previous will be forwarded to Master zone
Old November 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM
OverSeer

New beta v.70 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.70:
  • Fixed some errors in the Sonoscontroller.vb file.
  • Added (more) new functions in the event/action section. You can now create events to "Save State All Players" and "Restore State All Players"
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:33 PM
OverSeer

New beta v.72 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.72:

• Found issue with saving queue when announcements are played resulting in loss of queue after zones are being unlinked
  • Fixed an issue where part of an announcement (only when using Speak to File option) can get lost because the zones start to unlink before the announcement is played. Would probably show up when many zones participate in the link/announcement/unlink event
  • Added warnings when Linking information is either missing or being overwritten, indicating perhaps some issue with your events/scripts
  • The change to forward commands like play/pause etc to the master of a linked zone is causing problems when zones are being unlinked after an announcement. So if you are on beta .69 or .70 you have a problem
  • Fixed an issue where track & trackposition would get lost after an announcement, if that player was paused while playing from queue
  • Fixed an error on a player playing Pandora when a RestoreStateAllPlayers is issued. Everything seems to work, not sure why the player throws up an error
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:00 PM
OverSeer

New beta v.73 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.73:

• Filtered out trackchange/songchange events caused by Sonos Player events: ZPSTR_CONNECTING and ZPSTR_BUFFERING, which can occur a lot when connecting to radiostations
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:35 AM
Seer

I tried to install v1.0.0.73 all the possible ways, but I always got this error.

"The file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer
HS2\Temp\SonosInstall.msi' is not a valid installation
package for the product HomeSeer Plug-in
SonosController 1.0.0.67. Try to find the installation
package 'SonosInstall.msi' in a folder from which you can install HomeSeer Plug-in SonosControlle 1.0.0.67."

I installed v1.0.0.67 with no problem at all when was available in this threat.

Am I missing something?
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:39 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hflorez View Post
I tried to install v1.0.0.73 all the possible ways, but I always got this error.

"The file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer
HS2\Temp\SonosInstall.msi' is not a valid installation
package for the product HomeSeer Plug-in
SonosController 1.0.0.67. Try to find the installation
package 'SonosInstall.msi' in a folder from which you can install HomeSeer Plug-in SonosControlle 1.0.0.67."

I installed v1.0.0.67 with no problem at all when was available in this threat.

Am I missing something?
Hi Hflorez. i downloaded and installed 73 yesterday and didn;t have an issues so installer is good. May be worht donwloading 67 again and unisntalling/repairing (or kust try uninstall)

Regards

Mark
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:49 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
Hi Hflorez. i downloaded and installed 73 yesterday and didn;t have an issues so installer is good. May be worht donwloading 67 again and unisntalling/repairing (or kust try uninstall)

Regards

Mark
Wher can I get 67?