Clear All

RU bridge

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Or is it the MY:RO
      Darn spell check

Comment

Take a look at this how to. This is what I used to create the squeezebox player that is connected to the Russound unit.

http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...r-on-raspbian/

You will also need to setup the squeezebox server, I have it running on my HS server as well.

There is lots of way to do what you want, this is just how I did it. You have 6 sources for the CAM6.6, you will see the audio inputs on the back. The serial port is used to connect it to the HomeSeer server for control, it has nothing to do with passing audio. Mine is directly connected to the serial port on my HS server. You will have to do some searching on the net to see what usb to serial converter will work as I tried one and it didn't work and found out there are only a few out there that do work with the unit. You can also purchase or make a serial to Ethernet adapter to control over your network.

First thing I would do is get the unit completely installed in your house, including keypads and speakers. You can test it by using a Y cable and connecting your phone or MP3 to one of the sources to confirm all is working. Then move to getting control working from HS to the russound unit. Once you have that done, you will be ready to start setting up audio sources.

I don't have any experience with the XM tuner or the DSM media player that Russound has for other sources. I bought one off eBay really cheap about a year ago that was broken and I never got around to looking at what would be needed to fix it. I don't know if those can be controlled thru the Russound plugin or not.

Comment

Cool tips thanks
          I picked up a cam6.6 and looking forward to settings g it up
          Also have a Insteon plm coming
          I would love to get so.e of my Lowe's IRIS devices to work too I think they are ZWave so we will see
          Merry Christmas all

Comment

I hqve a few bluetooth receivers hidden in my house as sources for my Russound system. They have NFC tags in them which I cloned to other tags that I stuck on the Russound keypads so all you need to do to connect your phone is touch it to any keypad. The receivers are in the floor/ceiling. Too cool.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Here run Squeezebox server on my MythTV box. Runs fine today for me. Just looked and updated it. Very easy.

An updated version of Logitech Media Server is available and ready to install.
              On some Linux distributions we provide an automatic download of Logitech Media Server update installers. These currently are available for .rpm and .deb based systems.
              Your Logitech Media Server has downloaded the latest installer to the following location:
              /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/updates/logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1482423225_amd64.deb
              Please execute the following steps to bring your Logitech Media Server installation up to date:

Run the following command to execute the installer
              sudo dpkg -i /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/updates/logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1482423225_amd64.deb

Here is a nice looking RPi based squeezelite streaming client.

Squeezelite Streaming Client with Raspberry Pi

- Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                I hqve a few bluetooth receivers hidden in my house as sources for my Russound system. They have NFC tags in them which I cloned to other tags that I stuck on the Russound keypads so all you need to do to connect your phone is touch it to any keypad. The receivers are in the floor/ceiling. Too cool.
                What Bluetooth receivers did you use? That sounds cool
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Will this bluetooth audio adapter work with the Russound?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10291332.aspx
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    Will this bluetooth audio adapter work with the Russound?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10291332.aspx

Absolutely. You'll need a pair of RCA cables to hook it up.

I think this is the one I am using: https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-.../dp/B009OBCAW2

I have one for my daughter (NFC tag for that receiver is only on the keypad in her room) and one for the whole house with cloned tags all over. I still have one source left on my amp and am going to, eventually, run conduit for one to my back yard in my shed.

Comment

What kinda range are you getting on them? I really like this idea

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                        What kinda range are you getting on them? I really like this idea

So, I have a ranch. I finished the basement when I got it (15K doubled the Sq. Ft. of my home!) and I slipped one between the floors in a central location. The range is anywhere in the 2,200 Sq, Ft. house.

Normally though I play my music from my PC but the BT integration is stupendous for guests.

Comment

So, I have a ranch. I finished the basement when I got it (15K doubled the Sq. Ft. of my home!) and I slipped one between the floors in a central location. The range is anywhere in the 2,200 Sq, Ft. house.

Normally though I play my music from my PC but the BT integration is stupendous for guests.
                          I think you should do a write up on this

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            I think you should do a write up on this

Which part?

Comment

Which part?
                              For me, just how you have it set up on the russound and the NFC tags. Sounds like you have 2 BT receivers (one whole house, one specific to a room).

Comment

Very cool
                                I got my russound cam6.6 working g today
                                Having BT as as source should be cool
                                How long of a RCA cable to the main russound unit or RCA input on a keypad?

Comment

Working...
                                X