No announcement yet.

MyQ Garage Door Control with ImperiHome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you might listen to the folks who purchased your plugin in this thread and not worry about your TODO list...

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
      Perhaps you might listen to the folks who purchased your plugin in this thread and not worry about your TODO list...
      Have you tried to use a multiswitch? What's wrong with this solution?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Have you tried to use a multiswitch? What's wrong with this solution?
        I just tried multiswitch. It works, but it takes a couple extra clicks to open/close the garage and it doesn't match my other door lock/gate devices. I guess it's a workaround for now, but if you can get this working with the "Door Locks" device type, that'll be great.

Comment

Guys give Spud a break... this isnt broken, just not ideal. I'd also like to have a proper button w/ status but I decided to create an Event and placed a shortcut on my desktop so I don't have to open IH to trigger the garage doors to open/close

I created a Composite Devices script that shows if ALL the Garage doors are open or closed, and which one is open if one is.

Not perfect but I can also use the composite garage doors vDevice for events.

Spud, an idea...
          I think it would be valuable to have more device patterns embedded in the plugin so we would not need to manually create so many devices (humidity, temp, etc).
          If you don't want to add these constantly (since new devices come to market every year) - what about exposing the device pattern in the user config? This way we could add our own patterns, and share them?

I

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
            I just tried multiswitch. It works, but it takes a couple extra clicks to open/close the garage and it doesn't match my other door lock/gate devices. I guess it's a workaround for now, but if you can get this working with the "Door Locks" device type, that'll be great.

Why not ask the MyQ author to make changes to the door device that plugin creates so it works properly with imperihome? The garadget plugin door device works great with imperihome. You could mention that as an example.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
              Why not ask the MyQ author to make changes to the door device that plugin creates so it works properly with imperihome? The garadget plugin door device works great with imperihome. You could mention that as an example.
              yeah that's a good solution too, basically he would only need to change the values of the 2 controls to open and close so that it match the values of the Open and closed statuses, i.e change 100 and 200 to 1 and 2
              Last edited by spud; August 25, 2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

It is conceivable that Spuds todo list consists of more than this plugin, and wasn't referring to the importance of that work around for imperihome...??

Let's all play nice with the developers and be respectful of their time and effort

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
                  It is conceivable that Spuds todo list consists of more than this plugin, and wasn't referring to the importance of that work around for imperihome...??

Let's all play nice with the developers and be respectful of their time and effort
                  Perhaps, though this thread has been open for over a year. I have higher expectations for a plugin I purchase. Maybe the solution will wind up with the MyQ guys...

Comment

Perhaps, though this thread has been open for over a year. I have higher expectations for a plugin I purchase. Maybe the solution will wind up with the MyQ guys...
                    I use Eric's MyQ plug-in and I am very happy with how hard he has worked to get around all the hurdles that Chamberlain continues to throw at him.

That said, his plug-in does not follow the norms for control values to be the same as status values as all HomeSeer devices and most other plug-in's devices do.

Spud built a plug-in that cannot accommodate the divergence from the norms that the MyQ plug-in uses.

For whom do you have higher expectations?
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      I use Eric's MyQ plug-in and I am very happy with how hard he has worked to get around all the hurdles that Chamberlain continues to throw at him.

That said, his plug-in does not follow the norms for control values to be the same as status values as all HomeSeer devices and most other plug-in's devices do.

Spud built a plug-in that cannot accommodate the divergence from the norms that the MyQ plug-in uses.

For whom do you have higher expectations?
                      MyQ still doesn't offer an API, so it's a hack to get that working? I had released a MyQ plugin for Vera and never thought of charging for something that is not officially supported by the vendor.

My expectation is response from the plug-in author from whatever plug-in I purchased. In this case, if this isn't going to be added, then simply close the thread.

Comment

MyQ still doesn't offer an API, so it's a hack to get that working? I had released a MyQ plugin for Vera and never thought of charging for something that is not officially supported by the vendor.

My expectation is response from the plug-in author from whatever plug-in I purchased. In this case, if this isn't going to be added, then simply close the thread.
                        That is all well and good. But it seems you are asking the wrong author. You did pay for the MyQ plugin? Did you ask Eric (if that is the one you are using) to make the change to his plugin? He is currently putting a ton of time into his plugin, perhaps this is not a problem for him to incorporate.

I agree with you somewhat about charging for plugins that do not use official APIs. It is probably fine to charge, as long as EVERY customer understands that it is much more likely to fail when the original service vendor makes changes. While the authors are all up-front about this on the board, it is not specifically listed in the updater, or in the Homeseer store, and it should be.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          That is all well and good. But it seems you are asking the wrong author. You did pay for the MyQ plugin? Did you ask Eric (if that is the one you are using) to make the change to his plugin? He is currently putting a ton of time into his plugin, perhaps this is not a problem for him to incorporate.

I agree with you somewhat about charging for plugins that do not use official APIs. It is probably fine to charge, as long as EVERY customer understands that it is much more likely to fail when the original service vendor makes changes. While the authors are all up-front about this on the board, it is not specifically listed in the updater, or in the Homeseer store, and it should be.
                          To be fair, he had mentioned he could support it but I will post on the MyQ thread. Yes, I did purchase the MyQ plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            yeah that's a good solution too, basically he would only need to change the values of the 2 controls to open and close so that it match the values of the Open and closed statuses, i.e change 100 and 200 to 1 and 2
                            I'll ask him, but poor guy has been spending sooooo much time getting his plugin to work with MyQ. They keep changing their API and breaking his plugin. He might be open to it though. I'll ask him.

Comment

Eric does a great job with the Myq plugin... And he seems like he'd accommodate making a simple change to comply with the HS standards, thus allow it to work with the IH plugin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

He said he will fix it in the next update, so looks like we're set - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190641

Comment

Working...
                                X