No announcement yet.

Vera sub-forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to think what I miss from Vera...
    I can't think of anything....

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
      I'm trying to think what I miss from Vera...
      I can't think of anything....
      I miss the PLEG Now. That's it.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        I miss the PLEG Now. That's it.
        How so?

Comment

PLEG is one of the main reasons I threw mine in the bin. It's awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only thing it could do that I have yet to find an easy way to do in HS is sequential triggers in a particular order.

I had events setup that if certain triggers happened in a certain order, events would be fired. I have worked around this in HS, but it would be nice if there was an easy way to do that.

Other than that... I don't miss anything outta that green box of hell.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              I don't miss anything outta that green box of hell.
              Ohhh they have fixed that......

They are Black now.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                How so?
                No need for "clean up" events. Let's face it. Some times events don't run. For any number of reasons. The PLEG Now helps to minimize that. I now have events that run every minute and aren't logged to simulate this.

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                The only thing it could do that I have yet to find an easy way to do in HS is sequential triggers in a particular order.
                Yes. This is true. I never once used that functionality though. I think many people used it just because they could. Like the Dilbert clip Pete posted earlier. Not to say that there aren't more reasonable uses for it.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by waynehead99 View Post
                  Yes. This is true. I never once used that functionality though. I think many people used it just because they could. Like the Dilbert clip Pete posted earlier. Not to say that there aren't more reasonable uses for it.

Vera refugee here and first time poster.
                  I really have a need for sequences. I'm surprised that no one uses them as they are perfect for detecting direction of motion, such as travel along a passage turning lights on ahead. otherwise how does one test a condition?
                  PLEG users will know what I mean.
                  Maybe no one has a use for this in HS but it certainly is a powerful function in PLEG or maybe there is another way to achieve this?

Anyway, great to see many other Vera refugees here, I don't feel so alone.

Comment

Plugin Developement from Vera plugin

I am still looking at what I will swap to

I have a IP connected device that I want to connect to Homeseer , mainly for graphing - its an Eagle Zigbee smart meter interface. I'm wondering how easy it is to port over a Vera plugin to a HomeSeer plugin. The codes pretty simple - it does however use an XML parser to get the data. I can re-write the code however I can't yet find where plugin development is supported.
                    I may soon take a thirty day trial HS but am re-organizing my Raspberry's so I have a spare

Ross Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by rjwilson01 View Post
                      I'm wondering how easy it is to port over a Vera plugin to a HomeSeer plugin. The codes pretty simple - it does however use an XML parser to get the data. I can re-write the code however I can't yet find where plugin development is supported.
                      Welcome to the HS Board. Have you looked at this section for plug-in development support?

You may not need a plug-in though. You may be able to do what you want with a script.
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The HomeSeer SDK can be found here

http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...ng_started.htm

And, this may assist

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178122

Comment

How to use homeseer to set a "variable"

Thanks for the answers about plugins. I've been looking in to that

My next question is I have an Aeotec sensor 6 in 1 - From the manufacturers Engineering data sheet (from https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...0088070-gen5-6) the length of time the motion sensor waits before sending the all clear is controlled by parameter 3 of length 2.

In Vera there is a device options tab where you click add - type in 3 and select 2 bytes and it then retrieves the value 240 (240 seconds) and allows you to set to something else . This works as expected and then the sensor starts sending the all clear (BASIC SET CC (0x00) )

How do I do this with homeseer?

I will say it works some of the time with Vera, not always and even often, but I cant even find an option for this in HomeSeer
                          Last edited by rjwilson01; July 1, 2016, 11:12 PM. Reason: Added the link to the manuals

Comment

Open the root device (parent) > z-wave > settings > Parameter Number: Value (Decimal): Value Size:

Comment

No settings for a device

ah yes , ok thanks - I had found that and it was blank - but I followed your advice for another device and that has some settings. So its something to do with this device. or something
                              thanks for the reply

Comment

Events dont trigger because status does not update

I've now got a sensor and two switches connected and have some simple scenes setup - one switch is forced to follow the state of the other switch and the motion sensor should turn a switch on and off

The switches can be controlled from the view devices, however they do not trigger the events when I do this
                                They also do not update when I manually press the button on the switch

With Vera the setting of the association so that status changes were automatically sent to the Vera and regular polling were automatically done so can someone point me at what I should be doing either when i add the device or within some setting somewhere . Or maybe something more to read or investigate - I feel its just a difference in understanding of how Vera works to homeseer but I might move this to a more general help if not

Two further comments
                                These are Aeon smart witch 6 - which have two switches - one the real one which can be controlled and the second a RGB dimmable which I think relates to the LED ring - The LED ring does not respond to control settings

Second I think I have a broken Zwave stick as I used a new one and rejoined all the devices and all the the variables now show up

Thanks again
                                Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X