www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeTroller-SEL

HomeTroller-SEL Discussions related to the HomeTroller-SEL automation controller

Old January 15th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Viewer

HDMI Port on HT-SEL

Can anyone tell me if the HDMI port on the HomeTroller-SEL (I have the PRO) is a fully functional port able to transmit video and sound? I can not get sound from it but when I plug in a 3.5mm cable into the jack and run it into my monitor then I get sound and only after I disconnect the HDMI cable. So I can one or the other but not both.
Old January 16th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Seer Master

I don't know the specific answer to this question, but I'm guessing that since HDMI passes digital audio, the proper audio drivers for Linux have to be there, and may or may not be.

However, the SEL is really intended to be run headless. Everything should be able to done over the network. I've had the SEL for 4-5 years now, and have only had to connect a monitor (and keyboard) a handful of times when it didn't boot up correctly after a non-graceful shutdown.
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:43 PM
Viewer

HDMI Port on HT-SEL

I really don't think the HDMI is passing audio which then you may be correct in that the driver may be missing.

I can get audio from the 3.5mm audio jack but not HDMI.

I have been trying to figure for the most part the most basic set up possible. How to get my notifications that say something to my monitor that I hooked up to it via HDMI. Unless I am missing something in where I can output the notification speech out to my network and capture it somewhere else? I tried using an old BT XMTR I had connected it to a BT speaker but it gave too much noise on the connection so that was a bust.

I get the speaker client for my PC but what about tablets and smart phones?

Last edited by willyv1004; January 21st, 2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Seer Master

Did you have to do anything "special" to get audio out on the 3.5mm jack, or just hook up a speaker?