Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor RF led lights

Hi
    I have a few of these led lights and are controlled by a remote. I was hopeful that the rfxcom would be able to give commands to them. For now I have them switching on and off with a relay in HS3, but I can't change the colours without using the remote.
    Has anyone seen these or made any progress controlling them?
    I'm not even sure of the frequency, I might take one of the remotes to bits but there isn't any literature I can find.

Cheers
    J

TWLC IP65 Waterproof 50W RGB Colour Changing LED Floodlight with RF (radio frequency) Control

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D19KR..._VAb.ub1F6KQ6D

The chip inside is a PT2264
    Princeton technology corp.

Comment

Sorry to say that I don't think these will be compatible with the RFXCOM transceivers. According to the Princeton datasheet for the PT2264 encoder (below), the devices utilize RF frequencies between 30-150kHz, while the RFXCOM devices run in the 433mHz range.

Princeton PT2264 Encoder IC datasheet:http://www.princeton.com.tw/Portals/...t/PT2264_1.pdf
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks. I googled it myself and that's pretty much how I read it.
        I was hoping I'd read it wrong and someone knew better.
        I suppose I could hook up an rfx relay with a solenoid that pushes each button
        Cheers
        J

Comment

Yeah here have them switching on and off via an automated switch. They do lose their memory and go to default when they are powered on.

I did purchase new holiday LED lighting at the end of 2014 that is programmable and noticed that I could program the lights and power it off and on and the memory of the program stayed which was a good thing.

The alternative (wired or wireless) is using the old RGB lighting standards with digital controls (say running on an RPi).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Outdoor RF led lights

That was the first thing I checked when I got them, that they remembered their setting when power was cut. It did say that they had a memory when I purchased them. Would be hopeless switching them on with HS and then have to change the colour with the remote. They are OK, let's see how long they last outside.
            It's a shame no one does an outdoor colour led floodlight, say z-wave, that HS can control.

Comment

Working...
            X