This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running HStouch on a Raspberry Pi (3)

I've set up an Raspberry Pi with a touch screen, and it looks pretty good.
    THe idea is to replace my HST touch screen devices running android that are getting more and more unstable (and won't reconnect after a server restart for instance).

Is it possible to run HStouch on Linux?
    Do anybody know how?

I'm no Linux wizard, but I can copy and paste commands into putty...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

@Magnus,

You can run it HSTouch (Linux version) using the command mono hstouch.exe.

I have not tried in a long time to run it. It would run but would get errors when doing audio with it. The errors wouldn't stop it from running though.

I have also been able to run it in Linux Wine. It is a bit slow.

There were a couple of Homeseer users testing the RPi / Touchscreen combo.

Rich did mention he updated the HSTouch for linux a while ago.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

Are you still running HSTouch for Linux on the RPi3 Graeme?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            I am. Works great!
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Pete, I promised (some time ago) to post the HStouch client that worked for me.

Here it is (version 3.0.0.5 if I remember correctly).
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Magnus.

Here still utilizing HSDesigner v.49 and Windows clients v.36.

Trying this version of HSTouch on one customized Joggler running Ubuntu 14.04 from an SSD drive. (with RTC and other hardware modifications).

Note that the Joggler is an Intel versus an ARM cpu computer.
                Last edited by Pete; December 2, 2017, 12:06 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you guys.

So here installed HSTouch in the /Opt/HSTouch directory and noticed first run created an HSTouch in the /home/user/documents/hstouch directory.

I do get an error reading my current wintel touchscreen (well it is about 25 screens today) such that I will try starting from scratch.

Noticed too that it is creating a cache directory using a \cache instead of a /cache.

IE: HSTouch\cache instead of HSTouch /cache.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Runs but it is slower than embedded Wintel on the Joggler.
                    (and W7e and W7 lite). W8 and W10 works but it a bit fat.

Tested Pixel also and it is too slow compared to XP.

[ATTACH]64878[/ATTACH]

Embedded XP and the Wintel HSTouch client runs much faster.

[ATTACH]64881[/ATTACH]
                    Last edited by Pete; December 4, 2017, 07:23 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Subscribed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X