Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.40 Beta (for Windows & Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    There is a small inconsistency in how the plugin handles state change of the status devices when the countdown is enabled (*197 set to 1).

With countdown enabled,
    • When arming to states Armed-Stay, Night-Stay, Armed-Instant, the devices display "Disarmed-Ready" while counting down and switch to the requested armed state when the countdown expires.
    • When arming to states Armed-Away and Armed-Maximum,the devices change state to the requested armed state immediately upon arming, thus they display the armed state during the countdown.

With countdown disabled, the devices change state to the requested armed state immediately upon arming for all modes.

As I'm typically not paying attention to the devices during the countdown (and only use the Armed-Away mode anyhow), it doesn't bother me...
    OK. i'll check this out
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

@zwolfpack, @aaron

right now, the plugin just responds to several bits regardless of the countdown. so the plugin is acting consistently for any arm state based on the ad2usb messages. Again, regardless of the panel settings.

i think i can hold the alarm arm status change until the countdown value is 0 but i need to check the various use cases on my 20p, and even the 20se i have.

i don't want to break functionality that has been around for a while.

if you guys can provide any debug logging that shows the ad2usb messages for the transition from the last countdown to an arm state, i would appreciate it. i would need to know your panel model, and the state of *197
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here are ad2usb PuTTY captures for disarmed => armed-stay and disarmed => armed-away

Panel is Vista-21iP
        System info
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
        3.0.0.34: Vista Alarm

Noted that the panel is silent during the armed-stay countdown. For armed-away, it beeps once/second during countdown.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are ad2usb PuTTY captures for disarmed => armed-stay and disarmed => armed-away

Panel is Vista-21iP
          System info
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
          3.0.0.34: Vista Alarm

Noted that the panel is silent during the armed-stay countdown. For armed-away, it beeps once/second during countdown.
          thanks for the logs. very helpful.

when you activate arm-stay or arm-away isn't the system actually in an Arm mode even during the countdown? that is, if you open a window or non-exit/entry door during the countdown, wont the alarm sound?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
            Thanks zwolfpack. I can also confirm settings option 197 to 0 fixes the issue.

mnsandler: any chance we can get this fixed?
            i think i found the issue with arm-away and arm-max with the countdown

when do either of you have time to test?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              i think i found the issue with arm-away and arm-max with the countdown

when do either of you have time to test?
              I can test most evenings.

Let me know if you still want the results of opening a window during the countdown. Triggering the alarm requires a bit more planning (disconnecting the sounder) -- don't need to upset the cats!

Just to clarify - I believe the current behavior of armed-away & armed-max is the preferred behavior, see post #83. His issue was with armed-stay/instant not switching until after the countdown completed.

Comment

I can test most evenings.

Let me know if you still want the results of opening a window during the countdown. Triggering the alarm requires a bit more planning (disconnecting the sounder) -- don't need to upset the cats!

Just to clarify - I believe the current behavior of armed-away & armed-max is the preferred behavior, see post #83. His issue was with armed-stay/instant not switching until after the countdown completed.
                ok. i think i got it now; having the plugin update immediately (regardless of countdown) makes sense because it matches what is happening at the panel.

to confirm, if you can verify that the Armed led is lit on a panel even during a countdown, that will be good enough.

no need to test opening a window during countdown.

i'll post a beta update once i hear back
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

to confirm, if you can verify that the Armed led is lit on a panel even during a countdown, that will be good enough.
                  Yes, the panel LEDs change from ready (green) to armed (red) immediately upon the arming action. So it's showing armed during the countdown. Verified this for away, stay, max, and instant modes.

Comment

Yes, the panel LEDs change from ready (green) to armed (red) immediately upon the arming action. So it's showing armed during the countdown. Verified this for away, stay, max, and instant modes.
                    posted 3.0.0.38 in the beta section of the updater.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

posted 3.0.0.38 in the beta section of the updater.
                      Looks good!
                      Verified that the device now switches immediately upon arming for each mode (away, stay, max, instant).

Comment

Looks good!
                        Verified that the device now switches immediately upon arming for each mode (away, stay, max, instant).
                        Thanks for testing and reporting back.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

THANK YOU!

I appreciate it! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                            I appreciate it! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
                            you're welcome. thanks for testing and reporting back.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, I've been running 3.0.0.15 of your Vista plugin with my Ademco 10 panel for a couple of years at least and this has been rock solid while fitting my needs. I just noticed there is a big jump now to 3.0.0.38. Will this cause a problem should I upgrade in my case? I hate to fall too far behind on my plugin releases...

Thanks,

Robert
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                                Mark, I've been running 3.0.0.15 of your Vista plugin with my Ademco 10 panel for a couple of years at least and this has been rock solid while fitting my needs. I just noticed there is a big jump now to 3.0.0.38. Will this cause a problem should I upgrade in my case? I hate to fall too far behind on my plugin releases...

Thanks,

Robert
                                Robert, you can review the changes at the top if this thread to see if any of the changes are of interest to you. There are a couple of status-graphic changes you will need to make manually after the upgrade. I do plan to put this beta up as a Release before the end of November.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X