Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to sourceforge repository

Ken.

Absolutely! PM me your information and I will set you up to access it.

I am using Visual Studio 2010.

Be aware that I have two branches in the repository, the main branch and a test branch where I am hacking the ASP.NET stuff. Feel free to add the messages to main or both, but at least do main and I can move it over later if need be.

Glad to have someone interested in working on the code besides myself.

Best Regards,

Mitch

Comment

I'd like to add an Enviracom Thermostat to my existing oil Aquastat.

Any recommendations of which Honeywell Enviracom thermostats are interfaced with Homeseer?

I'd also like to incorporate the outdoor temperature sensor if possible. TIA

Comment

Any system that supports the Enviracom serial adapter should work.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-W873.../dp/B00097BEF4

Comment

I was hoping for a specific model number just to be sure. It seems most of the Honeywell Thermostat information I've found doesn't mention EnviraCOM specifically.

I also have questions about wiring; my existing thermostat is simply wired to a zone valve. It looks like an EnviraCOM thermostat may require an additional device(s) (W8735A, W8703A) to actually control the zone valve.

Mark

Comment

I have W8835 zone controllers installed in my house. I don't know the specific model number for a non-zoned system.

Comment

Problem with GetHumidity

Anyone been successful in getting the 1/24/11 release of the plugin to respond to the GetHumidity function call? I'm trying to execute the code below and all I can get is "0" back from the plugin. I have no trouble reading current temps, etc. Maybe my code is not correct?

Code:
              Sub Main (parm as object)
                  Dim ecm As Object = hs.Plugin("Enviracom Manager")
                  Dim hum As Int32
                  hum = ecm.GetHumidity(1,0)
                  hs.SetDeviceString ("A1", hum, True)
                  ecm = Nothing
              End Sub

Comment

Here is the code to retrieve the humidity settings from the thermostat object:

Code:
                        //Current Humidity -- Courtesy of Matt Brandes

public double GetHumidity(int HSThermostat, int Sensor)
                         {
                            clsEnviracomApp.TraceEvent(TraceEventType.Verbose, "clsHSPI::GetHumidity");

int Thermostat = clsEnviracomApp.GetThermostatInternalIndex(HSThermostat);

if ((Thermostat >= 0) && (Thermostat < m_objApp.Thermostats.Count))
                                return m_objApp.Thermostats[Thermostat].CurrentHumidity;
                            else
                                return 0;
                        }
                It returns a double, but I don't know that this would cause a problem if you are getting temperature ok since GetTemp returns a double also.

Comment

Hi Mitch,

Yeah, I had seen that. I had been trying just about anything (including trying different variable types) to see if I could get a return value, but still nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if this function won't work with a zoned system? If I execute the following:

Code:
                  &hs.runex "enviracomextras.vb" ,"SendMessageToPanel_0" ,"M 12A0 00 Q 00"
                  I do see a valid message logged (with loglevel set to 5) containing the humidity. I need to get that into an interface variable so that I can use it. When I use the code in my previous post, I don't see a humidity value returned in the log. I am going to try to monitor the bus a little closer and see if I can't uncover the cause. If you know a better way to pull this off, let me know!

Not sure if this is related, but at one point, I had an additional thermostat show under "Enviracom Thermostat Status". It was a duplicate Number 0, and all it showed was the humidity, everything else was "00". Not sure how or why it had shown up, but it's gone now. Any idea what that's about? Everything else it working perfectly.

Comment

enviracom thermostats controlled via node-red

I just thought I'd resurrect this thread for a moment to let folks know I have redone the control of my enviracom zone controllers using Node-Red and JavaScript. I'm pretty sure this could be tied into HS3 using one of the MQTT plugins or something. I've not posted the code yet but will get it up on GitHub when I am further along -- its much much simpler than what I wrote for HS2 (better message handling algorithms) so if anyone is interested in looking before I get the respository set up just ping me -- I have Tapatalk now notifying me of messages.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
                      I just thought I'd resurrect this thread for a moment to let folks know I have redone the control of my enviracom zone controllers using Node-Red and JavaScript. I'm pretty sure this could be tied into HS3 using one of the MQTT plugins or something. I've not posted the code yet but will get it up on GitHub when I am further along -- its much much simpler than what I wrote for HS2 (better message handling algorithms) so if anyone is interested in looking before I get the respository set up just ping me -- I have Tapatalk now notifying me of messages.
                      I'm certainly interested. I'm still trying to get a hold of a EnviraCOM Serial Adapter though. When I bought the HVAC equipment for my house back in 2008, I didn't know it existed so I didn't purchase one. I have everything else in my house automated in some manner either using native abilities of the devices or I've built interfaces using ESP8266 modules, Raspberry PIs or Arduino and it would be great to do the same with my HVAC equipment.

I've searched all over the internet for custom hardware or alternative interfaces to the EnviraCOM bus that would allow network communication but haven't found anything.

If I ever get my hands on an adapter, I'll certainly be back here to see what you've come up with.

Comment

If you get really ambitious and try to build your own let me know.

Comment

I have finally integrated my thermostats into HS3 using the example RCS Serial plugin sources and my node-red server. The modified RCS code is on github, and I'm happy to share the node-red code though it's very customized to my system.

https://github.com/mitchmitchell/HSPI_EVCSTAT

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I never did get a hold of an EnviraCOM serial adapter and Honeywell appears to have abandoned the enviracom bus technology in most everything. I ended up just pulling out all my enviracom equipment and replacing it with z-wave enabled devices. Grabbed 5 z-wave thermostats on clearance from Lowe's for $7 to $14 each. Had to replace the enviracom zone controllers as well. I have the thermoistats set up in smartthings and can also manage them using mqtt.

Comment

What zone controller did you go with? If I have to replace mine, I'm going to be sure to get one that can use any thermostat. Are you managing the thermostats with Homeseer?

Comment

I went with TrueZone HZ322K Kit. I've been using Smartthings primarily. I recently set up home assistant and interface with smartthings with mqtt using the smartthings-mqtt-bridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X