Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISYInsteon 3.0.1.4 has expired

I am getting this email once per hour.

It started with 'ISYInsteon 3.0.0.47 has expired'.

So I checked manage plugins and indeed there is an updated version from 3.0.0.47 to 3.0.1.4.

So I updated and I am now getting the 'ISYInsteon 3.0.1.4 has expired' and the updater does not show a later version.

The indication is I need to update within the next 6 days - but update to what?

Anybody have any insight?

Thanks

I'm getting the same, and I have purchased a license - though the Installed Plug-ins page shows the ISYInsteon plugin as 'Included' as in, free.

Comment

I am seeing the same thing every hour. I also have the latest paid version.
      Mike

Comment

Me too!

Please issue an update, just to clear this up. . . thanks!

Comment

me too

+1 more

Comment

--
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in
            http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

That did the trick. License looks ok now. Thanks Bob.

Comment

Well that did not work for me. I have the HomeTroller and the plugin is supposed to be included.

Now when I try to install 3.0.1.3 it wants me to register and apparently purchase.

Not good as now my interaction with my ISY module is kaput.

Comment

I didn't think that the 3rd party ISY plugin was included with the HomeTroller or HSPRO. Only the plugins that were made directly by HS. Unless there was some deal I haven't heard of in the past the ISY plugin has to be purchased separately. I don't think the HS team directly ever made a plugin for the ISY and Bill's 3rd party option is the only one available.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
                    I didn't think that the 3rd party ISY plugin was included with the HomeTroller or HSPRO. Only the plugins that were made directly by HS. Unless there was some deal I haven't heard of in the past the ISY plugin has to be purchased separately. I don't think the HS team directly ever made a plugin for the ISY and Bill's 3rd party option is the only one available.

Jeff
                    True. ISYInsteon is a 3rd party plug-in, and needs to be purchased separately from the author. Earlier betas didn't require purchase, but now that it has been released, it needs to be purchased to keep running. Totally worth it. Bob does a great job supporting his excellent plug-in. Worth every penny.

I'm on 3.0.1.4, purchased and registered. No errors here. Solid as a rock.
                    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

First if that was true my module I received included with Hometroller was not Bob's module then why was I getting the same message 'licensed' folks were getting and the Updater indicate the same erroneous updated version 3.1.0.4?

On the bright side I no longer get the error messages.

On the down side I might have to now pay for something I already supposedly paid for.

It does not matter how worthwhile the module is if I now need to pay for something advertised to be included.

Comment

Well Bob has had the ISY plugin in "beta/free" since HS3 came out until just in the last few releases. So it has been in beta for close to 4 or 5 years so you were able to run it for free until he finally started getting paid for his work on the HS3 version.

He announced it in this thread in January:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193761

it does state that May is when the beta will expire and you will need to upgrade to the paid version.

And Bob's ISY plugin was never advertised to be included with the HSPRO or HomeTroller. There was or maybe still is an older Insteon plugin that is included with the Pro versions, but I have never used it because it doesn't work with the ISY.

There is still an insteon plugin it appears:

HomeSeer Insteon
                        Release Info Plug-in 1.0.0.9 Included HomeSeer Tech

http://homeseer.com/updates3/descriptions/HSInsteon.htm

This is the one that is included with HSPRO/HSPRO Troller

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by michiliman View Post
                          First if that was true my module I received included with Hometroller was not Bob's module then why was I getting the same message 'licensed' folks were getting and the Updater indicate the same erroneous updated version 3.1.0.4?

On the bright side I no longer get the error messages.

On the down side I might have to now pay for something I already supposedly paid for.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

OK I paid for the plugin.

Now it does not recognize my IJSY device even though the characteristics (IP, login, password) are the same.

What now?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kosloskey View Post
                              OK I paid for the plugin.

Now it does not recognize my IJSY device even though the characteristics (IP, login, password) are the same.

What now?
                              Were you running it in trial mode before applying the license? Adding the license shouldn't change anything in the plug-in.

What are the specific errors you're getting?
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                              X