• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I try the Plug in before Buying?

I just upgraded to homeseer 2; and can't figure out if this is possible

I bought it but am going to snap

ok so I just dove in.

How the heck in HSv2 can control the darm AB8SS?

I expected to goto add device and see it and I get nothing?

I now get an error when stating HSv2 on my server as well; I hate when things have to be so complicated

Comment

What's the error?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Error

HomeSeer

Unable to Connect to server: The channel 'gtcp' is already registered.

I click ok and everything seams to be fuctioning; but I can't see how to control or config the AB8SS at all

Comment

Jeremy,

David Kindred (author of the plug-in) doesn't visit the boards any more. There are a couple of script packages that do most of what you may want to do. One is by me and is here. User jasv converted my script to VB.NET and dressed it up a bit. That package is here.

I can't speak for jasv (and I haven't actually used his), but I know I'd be happy to try and help you if you want to try the scripts. There is a setup script (in both) that creates devices and events for you.

Let me know if I can help.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jeremytyers View Post
            ok so I just dove in.

How the heck in HSv2 can control the darm AB8SS?

I expected to goto add device and see it and I get nothing?

I now get an error when stating HSv2 on my server as well; I hate when things have to be so complicated
            What version of HomeSeer are you running?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Running v2

I'm running v2

Comment

Support

ok so are you guys basicly saying I bougth the WAF-AB8SS for no reason? and could have used your scripts?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremytyers View Post
                  ok so are you guys basicly saying I bougth the WAF-AB8SS for no reason? and could have used your scripts?
                  Well, that depends. I've never actually used the WAF plug-in, so I don't know exactly what it does or doesn't do. The script package (either one does the same stuff, and both are free) provides these:

- Each AB8SS speaker and the A/B relay are represented by a HS2 device
                  - Turning on/off one of the HS devices turns on or off the speaker / relay
                  - An event is provided to poll for the current status of the AB8SS, in the event that your HS devices somehow got out of sync

Because it is a set of script functions, there are not any of the nice things a plug-in might provide (although I don't know if WAF-AB8SS provided them either): Event triggers and actions (although I don't know what trigger would make sense for this one).

If you just recently paid for the plug-in, my guess is HST would refund you if you decided it wasn't for you. On the other hand, if you did pay for it you may want to keep trying a bit longer to see if you can make it work. Personally, this particular example seems like one where a plug-in is overkill, but then I don't mind writing scripts (and sharing them!).

Steve

Comment

Jeremy:

Why don't you PM me or send me an email via the board. I'll try and help you off-line.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                      Jeremy,

I can't speak for jasv (and I haven't actually used his), but I know I'd be happy to try and help you if you want to try the scripts. There is a setup script (in both) that creates devices and events for you.

Steve
                      I too would be willing to help. Just let us know.
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

GTCP error -*script connector

Hi guys, I get that same error ( GTCP already registered - cant connect ) with my script connector plugin. It seems to work for a while and then fails. I use multiple clients on local networked machines and they all do it. ( error is in the script connector log ). Really need this one to work as it is my MCE - homeseer bridge and my touchscreen interfaces need this in order to work properly.

Thx ahead for the solution, I gottta admit, homeseer's forum rocks big time. I have had 99% or reported problems solved with your help.

Long live Seer Masters !

P.S.: I have hung around the forum for a while now and I am curious on how to get a Seer upgrade status, anyone can tell me how we get Seer master or Super seer status ? Looking forward in sharing my experiences and automation knowledge with anyone interested !

Thx...
                        LoOwEe

Comment

Help

Anyone has any troubleshooting to share for that previous error. ( GTCP ) ?

Really is annoying, it does it on multiple different installs ...
                          Seems like an authentication problem. GTCP already registered

Isnt the script plugin unlimited clients ?

Do I need to use an axe on any piece of equipment ?

Comment

Working...
                          X