X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was in the config directory as well. Did you install over your existing installation? If so all of this should be in tact.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, I did per the instructions. I just copied the address XML file from the backup, verified it had all the data and restarted. The address book still shows empty.

Comment

I upgraded to HSPro a number of months ago to get the HSTouch addition. I followed the notes in this post... http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=130823

The steps that Rupp list above are the same. My upgrade went well with no known issues. The key was to first make a backup, then uninstall HS2 and then install HSPro into the same directory as HS2 was originally. All went well with mine, but that was months ago and I haven't looked back.

The upgrade back then was worth the money, right now at 149 dollars, I think it is a no brainer. My two cents only...
        Billy

Comment

Just upgrading to HS Pro : works fine with Rupp's guide

Just a question about licensing : HSTouch server gives Registered and 8 days remaining.

HSTouch Server (License ID 0)8 Days Remaining.

Did I miss something ?

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
            Just upgrading to HS Pro : works fine with Rupp's guide

Just a question about licensing : HSTouch server gives Registered and 8 days remaining.

HSTouch Server (License ID 0)8 Days Remaining.

Did I miss something ?
            Once your trial ends it should auto license. If not put in a help desk ticket.

Comment

Thanks for your quick answer.
              Hope it will autolicense because HSTouch is now necessary in my home

Comment

Worked a treat here - thanks Rupp

Comment

If any of you guys find a step or steps I've left out let me know and I'll add it.

Comment

One thing not mentioned, if you have customised the Startup.txt and shutdown.txt you will need to copy back your originals as the install of HSPro replaces them.

I also found that when HSPro started for the first time it loaded the sample database, I had to open my database once it was running - then, so far, no problems (Touch Wood)
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      To make this upgrade process easier I have created an updated based on HS 2.3.0.86. Just run this updater on either your HS2 or HomeTroller series 1 or 2 and it will upgrade you to the HSPRO version. After you run the updater, you can run any other HSPRO updater to run the version of HomeSeer you desire. This updater simply adds the HSPRO license file and the HSSentry EXE file.
                      Awesome, I ran the updater and it worked perfect... Took all of 10 minutes (after my backup) to update, test, commit and reboot. Now to see how well the software HSSentry plays with my HomeTroller S2.
                      John
                      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

ok, just call me stupid, where is the config data base?

Copy over from you backup to the HomeSeer 2/config directory
                        - config directory - Settings.ini file
                        - config directory - config database

I am looking in the config Directory, but dont see anything like that.

Plus I copied over the whole script Directory is this going to be a problem:
                        Copy over from you backup to the HomeSeer 2/scripts directory
                        - Scripts directory - startup.txt

did I really screw up?
                        Last edited by danielbo; September 14, 2009, 05:25 PM.
                        danielbo

Comment

Look in the upper left hand corner of the HomeSeer GUI to get your config database name. If you are like many users you never changed it and it's name is sample.mdb

Comment

OK,I understand that way. Now when I run my program I am getting errors.
                            9/14/2009 6:35:24 PM - Error - You cannot use a newer version of the HomeSeer database with this version of this software.
                            9/14/2009 6:35:24 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is newer than what this version of HomeSeer expected.
                            9/14/2009 6:35:24 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is version 40 and this version of this program expected 37

Plus:
                            I am lockup on BLcaller ID. It just stops.
                            danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                              OK,I understand that way. Now when I run my program I am getting errors.
                              9/14/2009 6:35:24 PM - Error - You cannot use a newer version of the HomeSeer database with this version of this software.
                              9/14/2009 6:35:24 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is newer than what this version of HomeSeer expected.
                              9/14/2009 6:35:24 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is version 40 and this version of this program expected 37

Plus:
                              I am lockup on BLcaller ID. It just stops.
                              My guess is you were running a newer beta before you upgraded but after you upgraded you didn't reapply the same beta version.

Comment

HELP PLEASE! We are in the dark

Does anyone have anyidea on what I should do? Maybe take everything off again, restore the back up of hs2 and start from scratch. Maybe look through the registy for any hs pro listings.

Because I am getting the same errors as I was before and then locks up on blnetcallerid star.
                                danielbo

Comment

Working...
                                X