This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    I am trying to update to the latest version of the plugin, running the latest version of HS3 and Windows 7. Upon doing an update I get the following error, followed by a HS crash
    I am also not able to update. I disable the plugin, click the checkbox to upgrade. I get a message that it worked, but then the old version is still listed with an upgrade still available.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      I am also not able to update. I disable the plugin, click the checkbox to upgrade. I get a message that it worked, but then the old version is still listed with an upgrade still available.
      What I did was disable the plugin, restart HS3 and then the upgrade.
      Maybe this helps?

Regards,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I ran into the same with another plugins this weekend (Z-Wave was one of them). With the latest HS3 version I also had to stop the plugins, restart HS3 and then it would update without problems. Before shutting down HS3 and after I stopped the plugin, I tried to delete the plugin exe files and Windows would not let me complaining it was still in use (but no process was running). It looks like something changed with the latest HS3 version, but not sure what locks it. Have any of you collected more details and created an entry in bugzilla?

Anyways stopping the plugin, restarting HS3 and then updating resolved the issues with the different plugins. Not ideal of course.

Comment

Version 3.1 is in the updater. Check the first post for the list and changes and especially the installation notes. You will need delete and recreate the HS3 devices as the configuration changed as well as potentially change some actions.

Comment

This is now supported in version 3.1 which is in the updater. See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...77&postcount=1 for a change log and the updated documentation included in the plugin.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, but I was hoping I could make a TTS feature request , and also report a bug as well.

The bug is when I select the Squeezeplayer Proxy action becomes Speaking. I can select the squeeze proxy part fine, but when I do to select "Becomes Speaking" it does not let me and just returns to the selection window.

The feature request itself is more around how to best handle TTS and the various clients. At the moment I can select which clients I want to TTS to by setting the speak volume to 100% on the various speaker clients (Squeeze players) then sent my TTS. However if I want to control them differently, or just send one message to one client, then another to a different one it becomes slightly more difficult.

What would be great, is if each LMS device could be sent a message as if it were a normal speaker client, so for example if I had player A that I wanted to send a message to, rather than doing this:

Set All Players Speak Volume 0
            Set Player A Speak Volume 100
            hs.Speak("This is what i want to speak to player A")

I could do this instead:

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player A", True, "LMS:Player A")

If it did work this way it would be far easier to speak to just a specific player (e.g. I may only want to speak to a LMS device and not all the speaker clients, or vice versa). Just food for thought but this would be a very desirable feature as potentially you could speak multiple (different) messages to multiple (different) players which would very much help the WAF.

The main thing is that it be seamless, so not only does the speaker volume get set to a default (e.g. 100% value) but also the right file gets sent to that device, so in one event I could potentially call:

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player A", False, "LMS:Player A")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player B", False, "LMS:Player B")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player C", False, "LMS:Player C")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player D", False, "LMS:Player D")

even if I could not send multiple TTS messages at once, it would still be a fair bit easier, you could then potentially just do something like LMS:* to speak to all clients if you don't want to speak a specific message, then if a message comes through as *:* or hs.speak without host specified it would work as it currently works now .

Just an idea

Comment

Thanks for the update.
              I have tried to install the update through the updater and I get the following error, I have tried disabling and re-enabling, but I get the same error (even when restarting HS3, are there any other tips you could recommend.

NB I also installed the latest version of HS3 (55) which is when this error occurred (Updated HS3, then Updated your plugin):

Jan-18 16:39:30 Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) hspi_squeezebox.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE hspi_squeezebox.exe: Method 'LibGetLibrarybyLibType' in type 'hspi_squeezebox.HSPI_INSTANCE' from assembly 'hspi_squeezebox, Version=3.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.Warning, Error details with EXE hspi_squeezebox.exe: Method 'LibGetLibrarybyLibType' in type 'hspi_squeezebox.HSPI_INSTANCE' from assembly 'hspi_squeezebox, Version=3.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.Warning, Error details with EXE hspi_squeezebox.exe: Method 'LibGetLibrarybyLibType' in type 'hspi_squeezebox.HSPI_INSTANCE' from assembly 'hspi_squeezebox, Version=3.1.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

Thanks
              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I appear to have made things worse by trying to make things better .
                I deleted the exe files, config file etc and went to do a complete reinstall of the plugin, I select the squeezeplayer and go to install but it does not try to conduct the install at all.

I am wondering if there is a local install I could do (and copy the install files into a specific directory), if so would you be able to walk me through the process so I can get the latest version installed and running .

At the moment I have no squeezeplayer installed

Thanks!
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Travendish,

I tried the same here. Squeezebox is somehow denied by .55 I reverted back to .54 and squeezebox would work again like normal, also the update.

So it is the combo of .55 and squeezebox not working.
                  I stay at .54 till this is solved..

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

SqueezeBox plugin V3.0.0 Beta for HS3

I have not tried 55 yet but it looks like the HS3 media APIs changed. I will look at it today.

Comment

Just wondering if it would be possible in a future version to add an "All Players" field in the player selection (e.g. rather than an individual player) for player / playlist control etc.

It would be nice to be able to set the speak volume of all players to x, and to set all players on start / stop etc rather than having to issue multiple event actions.

The new version seems to be working quite well, I have not yet had the chance to do full testing (e.g. with HSTouch yet) but once that is up and going I should be able to provide some feedback.

Thanks,

Comment

Also, not sure if it just my system but whilst LMS, and LMS:* works fine, if I don't specify a LMS in the speaker client (to speak TTS) then in my case it does not appear to send the TTS message to the Squeezeplayers

I should clarify, this is when using the direct scripting command
                        &hs.speak("This is a simple tts message")

Comment

Just wondering if it would be possible in a future version to add an "All Players" field in the player selection (e.g. rather than an individual player) for player / playlist control etc.

It would be nice to be able to set the speak volume of all players to x, and to set all players on start / stop etc rather than having to issue multiple event actions.

The new version seems to be working quite well, I have not yet had the chance to do full testing (e.g. with HSTouch yet) but once that is up and going I should be able to provide some feedback.

Thanks,
                          Thanks. I will have a look at possibly adding an all player option. Regarding HSTouch integration, HSTouch does not yet support the new media APIs and is work in progress.

Comment

Also, not sure if it just my system but whilst LMS, and LMS:* works fine, if I don't specify a LMS in the speaker client (to speak TTS) then in my case it does not appear to send the TTS message to the Squeezeplayers

I should clarify, this is when using the direct scripting command
                            &hs.speak("This is a simple tts message")
                            Hmmm... I need to double check this but was one of my testing use cases. Is the speaker client plugin configuration name empty?

Comment

So in the settings page (of HS itself) I have no default speaker client set (e.g. left blank), and in the Squeezebox plugin itself I have the speaker client set to LMS.

Interestingly if I call a speak message through an event (with no speaker client specified in advanced settings) it does do the TTS to all clients, however if I use hs.speak("This is a test") as is then it does not speak to all clients (including the LMS).

Comment

Interesting and will need to play with this as well. If you check "Speak Proxy Debugging" in the SqueezeBox plug-in and speak some text with the different form/arguments, does the the plug-in speak proxy generate log messages for all combinations of speaker clients. As said I will need to play with this as well but might only be later in the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X