Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for Aoetec Aeon Labs Siren - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Aoetec Aeon Labs Siren - Solved!

Just got the new Siren from Aeon Labs (http://aeotec.com/z-wave-siren). It adds to HomeSeer 3 but I can't control the different tones. It does turn on and off, blasting a loud high pitch tone though. Any word on when HomeSeer will add this to the z-wave plug-in?

I know it's brand new but if I could get one, I assume HS did too!

Right now HS only see's it as a z-wave switch, with just buttons for On/Off

and when I try to scan it I get:

Nov-21 8:33:10 AM Z-Wave Error Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 29
    Nov-21 8:33:02 AM Z-Wave Getting SECURITY class information for node 29

Using the latest z-wave version .181
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
    Just got the new Siren from Aeon Labs (http://aeotec.com/z-wave-siren). It adds to HomeSeer 3 but I can't control the different tones. It does turn on and off, blasting a loud high pitch tone though. Any word on when HomeSeer will add this to the z-wave plug-in?

Nov-21 8:33:10 AM Z-Wave Error Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 29

The first question from Homeseer will be "is it certified?"

Yes, it is a z-wave plus device, Z-Wave Certification #: ZC10-14090012

Comment

That device is one of the new Z-Wave plus devices so you would need a new Z-Wave plus controller to support some of the new functionality. The new Z-Troller is going to be a Z-Wave plus device and is due late this year near Christmas or early next year.
      See this post for more information.
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165657
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        That device is one of the new Z-Wave plus devices so you would need a new Z-Wave plus controller to support some of the new functionality. The new Z-Troller is going to be a Z-Wave plus device and is due late this year near Christmas or early next year.
        See this post for more information.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165657
        I am astonisched about that...
        on the aeotec homepage you can find the following
        "its compatible with over 1,000 other devices and Z-Wave gateways

Comment

The instructions just say to link it to the z-stick and use it with your favorite software. So I am POSITIVE it's just a matter of HS adding the code for it to the z-wave plug-in.

Aeotec isn't going to release all these devices without first updating their own z-stick to support them if they had to.

I'll wait to hear from Mark or Rich on this one.
          Bryan
          Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
          Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

We sell this siren where I work and it works fine with Z-Stick Lite.

Rupp - the new Z-Wave products are generally backwards compatible.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Have you figured out what commands are used to control the different tones?
              I've tried a couple different command values in the Switch section, but I'm suspecting it's another class like Rupp mentioned that might control that??

Thanks,
              Z

Comment

I never said it wasn't compatible with existing controllers. I said "you would need a new Z-Wave plus controller to support some of the new functionality" so as was mentioned it added to the OP's it added but some of the functionality is not working. It may be as easy as a software change as well which will come when the new controller is available. I'll get Rich to comment on this thread to clarify.

Comment

Note that the stick is just a "wire" for Z-Wave, it does not know anything about any command classes or any specific Z-Wave protocol, so any new device will work with it.

We have to add support for any device that uses any new command classes. Command classes come out almost weekly now.

I suspect in this case they have some parameters that you can set to adjust the tones as I suspect the command class does not specify tones.

I have requested the engineering docs and will see how the tones are changed.

I don't see any docs on the AEON website. if you have the siren, check the docs, do they list any parameters?

Post a screen shot of the node info and I can tell you if its using any unsupported classes.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    I don't see any docs on the AEON website. if you have the siren, check the docs, do they list any parameters?
                    Here are the command classes from the docs:
                    Attached Files
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Those are all standard, HS supports all of those.

Are there any parameters that you can set? Does it say anything about the tones?

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      Here are the command classes from the docs:

Comment

Comment

We are currently in the process of getting our software and controllers certified. However, HS3 currently works fine with series 500 controllers. Note however, there are none on the market as of yet. We will be offering one soon.

Comment

Can I ask where you got it?

Originally posted by TechHA View Post

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              We are currently in the process of getting our software and controllers certified. However, HS3 currently works fine with series 500 controllers. Note however, there are none on the market as of yet. We will be offering one soon.
                              I think you will find that the Z-Wave.me USB stick ZME_UZB1 is available to purchase in Europe.

This device is a generation 5 unit and certified http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1147

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                              X