Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homekit bridge? still supported

Is Homekit bridge still supported??
    I went to check the version out currently, and I didn't see it any longer listed in the primary interfaces...
    The reason I ask is..
    the external access has stopped working,
    I rebooted my apple TV, and it still didn't fix it, made sure the latest iTunes is on my homeseer pc,
    also it works just fine internally...
    any assistance

Hi Thetaz01

I have the same issue you do, for the time being, the plugin is not supported anymore, please see the latest post from Fraggel on this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...homekit&page=7

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
      Hi Thetaz01

I have the same issue you do, for the time being, the plugin is not supported anymore, please see the latest post from Fraggel on this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...homekit&page=7

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
          Hi Thetaz01

Comment

I apoligize, I assumed reading the latest post that for now it was not supported until he gets Apple approval.

I like this plugin a lot, I'm the first hoping that it will be authorized and be put back in the store

Comment

Are you still using the HomeKit plugin?

I think it is the best plugin ever! I love the Apple home app. I use it all the time.

The HomeKit plugin is really important because it allows HS3 to control any Home compatible device. And all the major players are building devices that are compatible with Apple HOME app. We all need to encourage Fraggel to keep working on this .

Steve Q
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I still do use it... I love the tie in from homeseer to homekit..
                its invaluable to be able to use siri to control my homeseer devices..
                I WOULD even be willing to pay Fraggel for additional development, and to NOT drop it... PLEASE

Comment

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Comment

Ditto to this.. i too am running 368 and homekit is working, but i totally understand where you are coming from, my entire house runs with HS3, and i love the home kit tie in, and try not to change too much in fear of breaking my homekit :-/
                      i wish if fraggel didnt want to do it anymore, someone would take it over.. IF i was a programmer i would be happy to.. but i know nothing about coding

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                        Ditto to this.. i too am running 368 and homekit is working, but i totally understand where you are coming from, my entire house runs with HS3, and i love the home kit tie in, and try not to change too much in fear of breaking my homekit :-/
                        i wish if fraggel didnt want to do it anymore, someone would take it over.. IF i was a programmer i would be happy to.. but i know nothing about coding
                        I am also willing to provide any support I can to keep this plugin going.

I have a test computer with HS3 ver 368 and the HomeKit plugin ver 1.473.16283.1915 installed. The HomeKit plugin has expired on this computer. It was a beta version which I was testing before I purchased version 1.491.16343.807. I am willing to install HS3 ver 398 on this machine and test it with the HomeKit plugin. I think I have the download file of the released HomeKit plugin ver 807. Does anyone know if I can install the HK plugin on a second machine and use my license code from my other computer. This would be for a short term evaluation only. I can’t risk losing HomeKit on my primary computer.

What do you experts think?

Steve Q

Comment

Apple will support software based HomeKit in iOS 11.3 so this plugins development could continue...

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                            Apple will support software based HomeKit in iOS 11.3 so this plugins development could continue...
                            Can you provide more info. What does this mean?

Steve Q

Comment

It means that using with Homeseer wouldn’t need a hack anymore and the plug-in or application would not taken down by apple and they would in turn support the developer

Comment

Working...
                              X