Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the file naming, the default name the plugin initially creates is

ZNet_{FriendlyName}_{HomeID}.ZWave

where FriendlyName is the "Network Friendly Name" shown in the leftmost column of the topmost form. In your case, these are "Network {HomeID}" which is why you are seeing the ID twice. You can rename those to something more friendly, like "Main", "Office" or if you want something really friendly, "Hi have a beer!" ;-)

The backup script I posted inserts the time in the filename. If you are running that, I'd guess that's where you're getting that. The plugin's name used to include the time, and I copied that format. However the plugin's generated name no longer includes the time.

Comment

Now I remember, once your script runs in the wee hours of the morning, from there on the current date/time is inserted.

Thank you!

Comment

Question here guys: I am about to order a couple of Z-not devices, but I am curious about this phone home they do. Does this mean that HS will stop working when I lose internet? Or do they only have to do this one time?

Comment

I "think" the phone home is the HS3 software not the hardware. I didn't do anything to register my second z-net in any way, it simply worked.

That said, the software does occasionally phone home but I'm not sure what would happen if it couldn't connect either once or possibly multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
            Question here guys: I am about to order a couple of Z-not devices, but I am curious about this phone home they do. Does this mean that HS will stop working when I lose internet? Or do they only have to do this one time?
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Comment

Answered in post #20 above.

Comment

The backup script I posted inserts the time in the filename. If you are running that, I'd guess that's where you're getting that. The plugin's name used to include the time, and I copied that format. However the plugin's generated name no longer includes the time.
                  Both z-nets are working fine. YEAH! However, it appears only one (the original) is being backed up by the @zwolfpack script, as only one has the date/time stamp added to the backup name.

Do I need to run the script a second time with different parameters? I honestly don't remember how I set this up.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                    Both z-nets are working fine. YEAH! However, it appears only one (the original) is being backed up by the @zwolfpack script, as only one has the date/time stamp added to the backup name.

Do I need to run the script a second time with different parameters? I honestly don't remember how I set this up.
                    Normally the script backs up each interface, but it can be configured to run only a particular one.

You must be calling it from an event - what does that look like?

The script isn't as useful now as when written, since zwave plugin now performs a backup whenever a device is added or removed. Perhaps that backup is what you are seeing?

(I still like to run it once a week, since I rarely add/remove devices)

Comment

I think this script was leftover from my Zee.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\zwbkup.pl" localhost 489ED7854F04

What's the number at the end? That isn't the ID for either of my z-nets.

Comment

I think it is a MAC address. Maybe a Z-Net or your Zee.

Comment

Nope, not the MAC address, I checked both z-nets.

But here's something not right. Using my original z-net I added an Aeotec heavy duty smart switch today. All went well adding with z-tool+.

I just went to the z-wave controller management page and the actions that I took with the first z-net also appear under the second z-net. The device added correctly to the z-net I wanted, but I don't understand why the entire add action is duplicated in the second z-net.

I believe I have everything named uniquely and the z-net matches the same name in HS3. Thoughts?

Comment

Thats an internal value (Form ID) used to identify the forms on the ZWaveController page. Those extra parameters were required in early revisions of the script due to issues handling multiple interfaces. I later fixed that, so its unnecessary. You can call it without any parameters and it will backup all the interfaces.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Aha! I still have no idea where that ID came from because it doesn't match anything I have. So moving on, it appears the newer versions of HS3 do backup more regularly.

But still, nothing like being safe. Where can I get the latest version of the zwbkup script, please?

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...35#post1289835

lol, see post 8 of that thread, looks like you grabbed one of Randy's form ID's!

Comment

Working...
                                X