Jowi Pictures random

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jowi Pictures random

Please excuse me if this is the wrong place for the message. I couldn't find any other place that is Jowi related.

I was using a VB script "Jowi PictureRandom" in my HS2 setup. It takes pictures from a directory and randomly presents them in HTML to be used by HSTouch.

I can't migrate it to my HS3 setup. I moved the .vb and .ini files to the respective HS3 directories. Getting these errors in the log when attempting to run it.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Apr-26 10:24:20 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Type 'Drawing.Graphics' is not defined.
    Apr-26 10:24:20 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Type 'Drawing.Bitmap' is not defined.
    Apr-26 10:24:20 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Type 'Drawing.Bitmap' is not defined.
    Apr-26 10:24:20 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

risquare,

That is indeed an old one! Still using it here though. I have made a new HS3 version for the script a few years ago, you can find it here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=picturerandom

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks a lot Wim.

You've made my day. No matter how good or bad HS3 and my HSTouch designs are it is the slide show that we enjoy when we look at the framed tablets on the wall that act as HS3 GUI.

I missed the roll out of the HS3 version of your wonderful script few years ago because I was very slow to migrate from HS2 to HS3.

My next challenge is to show on the same screen camera feed only when someone is ringing the doorbell.

Regards,

RISquare

Comment

Having trouble running it.
        Followed the instructions strictly.
        Getting these error messages in the log when trying to run the script.
        Yes, I did add the line "ScriptingReferences......" under [settings] in the .ini file and I did restart HS3 after that.

May-07 2:22:03 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Type 'Drawing.Graphics' is not defined.
        May-07 2:22:03 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Type 'Drawing.Bitmap' is not defined.
        May-07 2:22:03 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Type 'Drawing.Bitmap' is not defined.
        May-07 2:22:03 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\JOWI_PictureRandom.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Comment

Did you use the line with or without the annoying space that this board adds to the line?

Code:
          ScriptingReferences=System.Drawing;System.Drawing.dll
          I will post the script as I use it to this post also, I am sure some small stuff have been changed through the years. Maybe you can test this version? rename the .txt extension to .vb

Wim
          Attached Files
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the help. It is working now, albeit it still produces an error message in the HS3 log, that doesn't affect the performance as far as I can see.

Here is the log with the error message

May-07 3:48:14 PM PictureRandom
            :;;
            May-07 3:48:14 PM PictureRandom Error : exif reading went bad: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\hs3\logs\pictures.log'.
            May-07 3:48:14 PM Event Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandom.vb
            May-07 3:48:14 PM Event Event Trigger "test jowi"

I found one problem that I've fixed.

The problem was that the documentation says to insert comma (,) in front of
            System.Drawings.....
            whereas in your example above it is not a coma but an equal sign (=).
            I did correct the settings.ini file

You may consider correcting this part of the documentation

4. To be able to run the script successfully you will have to adjust or add the line "ScriptingReferences" under [settings] in settings.ini:
            Add “System.Drawing;System.Drawing.dll” preceded by a comma to this line. Restart HS after this change.
            Last edited by risquare; May 7, 2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Do you have the logs subdirectory under the HS3 directory? If this does not exist, then that might be the cause of the error line.

Thanks!

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

I switched to the public version of the script and it is OK now. No errors.
                I think that you slipped this firm directory in the "private" edition of the script
                C:\hs3\logs\pictures.log
                that doesn't exist on my computer as my HS3 resides elsewhere. I didn't investigate how the "public" version of the script works as far as the error is gone and it is working for me now.

Thanks again for the cooperation on this old but very useful for me script.

RISquare

Comment

Hi Wim,

It stopped working again producing this error in the HS3 log
                  Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Jowi_PictureRandom\EETopMain.jpg

Comment

RISquare,

No idea how this has been caused? It could mean the script cannot reach the output directory anymore maybe? Rights on this directory, or failing the drawing utilities? Any thing on your system that changed lately?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Thanks for the prompt response. Nothing has changed. Is there a way to re-build. Also I can't find the file Jowi_PictureRandom.ini There is a file HS3/Config/Jowi_PictureRandom Is it the same file?

Comment

I suppose you have the suppression of the exentions on in windows. I expect that is the correct file.
                        -- Wim

Comment

Do I find the pictures at http://192.168.1.242:83\http\Jowi_Pi...\EETopMain.jpg where the URL is the address of my HS3 web server and :83 is the port

Comment

I'm getting "404 Bad request"

Comment

Just double checked - the file with the source pictures does exist at the same location as setup in the JOWI setup file.

Comment

Working...
                              X