X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Plugin Posted

Hey Gang-

Well, as you already know, this plugin has been re-coded. I am attaching the latest build as of right now, which is version ***(see below). Please note that as Rich already mentioned, this plugin will not work with your existing devices and events as it is a totally new DLL.

How to Install
    • Shut down HomeSeer
    • Delete your old plugin. This is an OCX file located in your HomeSeer folder called hspi_rcsserialtherm.ocx. If you skip this step, HomeSeer may become confused by the two plugins.
    • Extract the enclosed DLL into your HomeSeer folder.
    • Restart HomeSeer. Enable the plugin and set the Com port, and click on the "Config" button to add thermostats.
    Please note that this plugin was coded within the last 8 hours, and although it is pretty rock solid it has not been tested fully. All actions and triggers have been tested, and please note that Operating State trigger functionality will be added in a future build.

That's about it. I will be here to support any problems, and please provide some feedback! If there is something that worked in the old plugin that does not in this one, please let me know.

Latest Version: 2.3.2614.17538
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RJ; February 27, 2007, 11:26 AM.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

I have been only using Mainlobby for a few months so I may be incorrect with this following statement.

One issue I have noticed it with the Mainlobby plug-in. Since all of the information is placed under one value main lobby is unable to pickup the information correctly.

Comment

Hello,

Mainlobby interfacing with this plugin is done along a separate standard. If you have customized mainlobby to get information from your devices, you can do one of two things.

First, you can parse the device string. This contains all the information required for the thermostat, and they are separated by HTML '<br>' characters. This is somewhat cumbersome and odd however, so it is reccomened that you use the second method.

You can also use the thermostat API calls. These are described in full in the HomeSeer SDK, available in the updater, and a summary is provided here:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=114698

Please let me know if you need any additional information.
      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

It does not seem to support the HVAC system status requests that were in the old plug-in.

The RCS stats can be stand-alone or part of a zone system. When they are part of a zone system there will be a zone controller that can be polled for the system state (fan state, COOL1, COOL2, HEAT1, HEAT2, etc)

The old plug-in had several methods that would return the raw state info so that devices could be setup to show the system state.

I'll have to look at the protocol but the VA,D1,D2,SM, and SF properties reported by the stats are not being interpreted.

It is also sometimes getting the following error when starting up:

12/9/2006 10:58:30 PM Info Initializing Plug-in: RCS Serial Thermostats on COM port 11 12/9/2006 10:58:30 PM RCS Serial Thermostats 2 Thermostats created Successfully. 12/9/2006 10:58:30 PM RCS Serial Thermostats Error in InitIO: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Jon

Originally posted by RJ
        Hello,

Mainlobby interfacing with this plugin is done along a separate standard. If you have customized mainlobby to get information from your devices, you can do one of two things.

First, you can parse the device string. This contains all the information required for the thermostat, and they are separated by HTML '<br>' characters. This is somewhat cumbersome and odd however, so it is reccomened that you use the second method.

You can also use the thermostat API calls. These are described in full in the HomeSeer SDK, available in the updater, and a summary is provided here:

Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Regarding Oman's comment, the individual zone statuses are a requirement here as well, either via devices, or as long as they can be polled via a script. I have scripts that check the status of each damper, and the state of each zone, heat1, heat2, heat3, fan state, etc. Also, via all this, I calculate run time statistics.
          HS: 2.5.0.60
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
          Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
          Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
          UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
          Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

I am also getting RCS Serial Thermostats Error in InitIO: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

All of the time. The plug-in worked only on the first start. Now it no longer works.

Comment

Hi Guys-

Thanks for the feedback, and again I do appologize. THis plugin was somewhat rushed, but I will get right on these errors first thing on Monday Morning.

The plugin will support the status of the thermostat. Right now, it is reading it, but simply not interpreting it. This will be a fairly easy fix, so I will add that tomorrow.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

We also need to the ability to set the date and time on the TR40s. If the date and time isn't set, the TStat messes up big time. Something to think about, if you don't want to address every possible feature of the protocol, the old plug-in allowed you to send commands via a script (as long as you knew how to format the string via the protocol docs). Just a thought.

Comment

jstaab-

Not sure if you have looked at the new plugin yet, but there is an event action that will set the time and date on the thermostats.
                  -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Sorry, haven't quite yet. If time permits, I'll look at it tonight, really looking forward to it!

Originally posted by RJ
                    jstaab-

Not sure if you have looked at the new plugin yet, but there is an event action that will set the time and date on the thermostats.

Comment

Hi Guys-

I have attached a new build. This fixes the early Init bug, as well as adds functionality to trigger based on a changed Operating status (Like, First Stage Heat enabled, Fan changes to On, any change in operating state, etc.)

The multi-zone controllers are still not fully supported, but I will be adding that in later this week.

See the top post for the new build!
                      -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                        Hello,

First the new Plug-in fixed the "RCS Serial Thermostats Error in InitIO: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid." Issue thanks
                        Since this is my first time suing the SDK. Any pointers on where i should start?

Comment

Hi davidald-

I saw that you were using the plugin with Mainlobby. A good place to start would be reading the data from the thermostat to display on a status page. The "Get" functions (GetTemp, GetMode, etc.) will allow you to find this data. After that you can add buttons that execute "CMD" actions. THis can set the mode, set the setpoints, etc.

I am not familiar with the Mainlobby interface, but I can provide you with some scripting examples for HomeSeer for this plugin.
                          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

So far, things are looking good. I did find one thing missing for the Mode, which was Emergency Heat, which I've listed below from the protocol document.
                            2.7 SET MODE COMMAND. Format: M=a, where "a" = O or 0 (Off); H or 1 (Heat); C or 2 (Cool); A or 3 (Auto); EH or 4 (Emergency Heat).
                            I've also noticed that the HS Getmode doesn't support 4 (EH). This important for those of us with heat pumps. Also it doesn't appear that via HS, there is not a way to get the current status of the fan or the current operating status (mode). I believe GetMode and GetFan merely return what each is set to. I'm wanting to see if the system is currently heating, or cooling, and if the fan is running or not. I'm essentially looking for the same type of data you have as a trigger I believe, Fan(Operating) and Mode(Operating). Maybe a GetModeOperating and GetFanOperating function can be added to HS.

Comment

One additional note, being able to send custom commands via a script, or an event is rather important, unless you want to suppport every possible feature. One that I use here is the Set Variable command, SVx=x to adjust my heat and cooling deltas based off of outside temperatures. Allowing the ability to send anything accepted by the protocol allows us to tap into all the features without the plugin having to directly support everthing within the protocol. The only challenge is that if we call a function of the protocol that retreives data, I'm not sure how that would fit into your queuing to return the data to the code that made the call. As a note, the old plugin only allows you send custom commands to set data, I don't think it has the functionality to retreive data. My main concern is sending data to make changes to the controller.

Comment

Working...
                              X