Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC blaster functions within HST

Hi,

I just downloaded the Square Connect infrared controller running in demo mode and it works fine within the plug-in interface. So I thought I would test it with HSToutch. Thinking this plug-in works similarly as say the TWA_Onkyointegra plug-in I expected to see the controls in the HS device list and as such would be able to connect to a "button" within HST. Within HST I add an action type "Control a HomeSeer Device" and expect to see my infrared devices and functions in the device dropdown list. But this is not the case. Is it possible to use SQblaster commands within HST?
    Any help is welcome.

Click on the Help button on the HomeSeer web page, there you will find a link to the SQ plugin help file. Yes, you can assign the built-in commands to HS IR commands. You do this from the config page for the plugin.

Comment

Thanks Dralvin

Hi Dralvin,

Thanks for the tip. I already had the IR commands setup via the config page of the plug-in.
      Your tip to read the manual (I should do that more often it saves a lot of time) brought me to the chapter about events. After making the event I could use it on a button within HSTouch.
      Works very well.

Comment

Well done! I hadn't been aware of the Help File myself, as it was added with the HS update to .28+ (required to support the Square Connect).
        Rick got me directed to it and the info made all the difference.
        Gld it helped you as well.
        Sooooo, did you order it yet?

Comment

Still on demo

Comment

Good luck with this one. From doing a bit of looking about it appears that this box has a number of issues with responding to it's supplied remote control. It may not do so well with the SQR or any other control product... just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by DrAlvin View Post
              Good luck with this one. From doing a bit of looking about it appears that this box has a number of issues with responding to it's supplied remote control. It may not do so well with the SQR or any other control product... just FYI.

The great thing about the sq blaster is that even if the codes are not in the database, the support staff at square connect can usually figure out the codes you need, if they have access to the remote control for the device. I had an LG air conditioner that they were able to capture the codes using a certain type of IR analyzer. There is a way to add these to the configuration codes of the sq plugin of HS.

Comment

Originally posted by tbever View Post
                The great thing about the sq blaster is that even if the codes are not in the database, the support staff at square connect can usually figure out the codes you need, if they have access to the remote control for the device. I had an LG air conditioner that they were able to capture the codes using a certain type of IR analyzer. There is a way to add these to the configuration codes of the sq plugin of HS.
                Yep, that is a fine feature of the device. My comment was around the actual device you are tryong to control (Thomsom DC16221/UPC). There appears to be a number of comments posted in other forums that it is often non-responsive to it's own IR conroller, so even with the correct codes manually inserted this device may prove unreliable... Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X