Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, I spoke too soon! I'm not having much luck with this plugin recently .

After the TTS issue (reported in other thread) last night, I restarted HS this morning. The one player that was on connected ok and repeated the TTS speak ok.

The player was turned off 5 minutes later and the usual "disconnect" and "forget" messages were logged. So at this point there were no players turned on.

The house was empty for about 8 hours. On returning, the welcome TTS did not come out on the HS speaker (no players were on at this point).

It was only when I went into the plugin page, I could see that the TTS messages showed up on the queue.

Two players were turned on, each giving an "LMS New" log entry but neither showed as connected in the plugin. I pressed the save button on the plugin config page and then they both showed as connected.

I tried a test TTS but this was not announced anywhere but instead added onto the speech queue. I restarted the plugin. Both players reconnected, the speech queue was empty and TTS came out both players and the HS speak client.

I can send the logs if they may help. The were no squeezebox debug messages between leaving the house and returning.

Comment

What was the Speak Proxy Mode? I am trying to reproduce it; if you have a log file that would be handy. Thanks.

Comment

JimBob are you software players and if so which one? Thanks

FYI: when using Softsqueeze, I can reproduce that it does play subsequent TTS mp3 files. The player somehow gets stuck and never finishes it. When I use hardware players or SqueezePlay all works fine playing messages to be spoken on LMS players.
        Last edited by pcp; March 31, 2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          What was the Speak Proxy Mode? I am trying to reproduce it; if you have a log file that would be handy. Thanks.
          Hi Philippe,

The Speak Proxy Mode was Normal.

I attach the log. Key events...

HS restarted at 07:59:44.
          TTS ok at 08:30:58

Arrived home, triggered auto TTS event @ 16:37:44
          When no speech heard, retriggered event again at 16:38:02 and 16:42:37
          Automatic TTS event triggered @ 16:46:00
          Performed "save" on plugin config page @ 16:46:58
          Manual test of TTS @ 16:59:50
          (All above gave no audible speech from squeeeplayers or HS speaker client)
          Restarted plugin at 17:01:28
          Manual TTS event @ 17:03:17 - speech ok to all connected players and HS speaker client.

The squeezeplayers are Joggler hardware running squeezeplay 7.7.2-r1839:9704MS. This is what is reported on the Information screen of LMS:
          Player Model: SqueezePlay
          Firmware: 7.7.2-r1839:9704MS

It is not always the 2nd TTS which fails. I have just triggered a few now and it continues to work ok. It appears to be random.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
            Hi Philippe,

The Speak Proxy Mode was Normal.

I attach the log. Key events...

HS restarted at 07:59:44.
            TTS ok at 08:30:58

Arrived home, triggered auto TTS event @ 16:37:44
            When no speech heard, retriggered event again at 16:38:02 and 16:42:37
            Automatic TTS event triggered @ 16:46:00
            Performed "save" on plugin config page @ 16:46:58
            Manual test of TTS @ 16:59:50
            (All above gave no audible speech from squeeeplayers or HS speaker client)
            Restarted plugin at 17:01:28
            Manual TTS event @ 17:03:17 - speech ok to all connected players and HS speaker client.

The squeezeplayers are Joggler hardware running squeezeplay 7.7.2-r1839:9704MS. This is what is reported on the Information screen of LMS:
            Player Model: SqueezePlay
            Firmware: 7.7.2-r1839:9704MS

It is not always the 2nd TTS which fails. I have just triggered a few now and it continues to work ok. It appears to be random.
            Thanks. Per the log file, looks like the player disconnected before detecting that the TTS track finished playing for the first text to speech. I can reproduce a similar behavior with SoftSqueeze (not SqueezePlay), but with SoftSqueeze it refuses to play further streaming from hs2 (even entered independently of plugin); I believe this is something in SoftSqueeze as the same works fine for me using my different hardware players and SqueezePlay. In all cases I fixed several issues and in case the player never reports the end of the "TTS" track, the plugin should reset it after a few minutes. Also revised some login upon a player disconnect in V2.3.0.2 I just posted.

Comment

That's great. Fingers crossed then! I will install now and see how it goes.

Comment

Hello,

unable to install the plugin, the installation hangs

I try to delete all associated files: Hspi_squeezebox etc from many directories (html, script, config, but without success

I've been trying this morning!

Last edited by Doryphore; April 6, 2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

HI Doryphore,

This is a common problem with homeseer plugin installs. If you move the plugin window out of the way there will be another window behind it with an ok button that needs to be pressed before the install will continue.

I hope this helps

Greig.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Thank's

a big thank you, I'm an idiot!

The worst part is that it's 4:00 I'm on, thankfully the weather is not nice

Comment

Originally posted by Doryphore View Post
                      Thank's

a big thank you, I'm an idiot!

The worst part is that it's 4:00 I'm on, thankfully the weather is not nice
                      No problems I have the same problem when I install a plugin and it drives me mad. I hope it will be fixed in HS3.

Greig.
                      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

fyi to uninstall, you can uninstall as you would any other Windows application.

Comment

Posted Beta V2.3.0.3 with a few fixes/updates. Check first dialog in this thread.

Comment

Phillipe,

I have been running your beta for some time now, with disabled track time setting for HSTouch. I had several issues with HSTouch before (after running it for around 5 days I got the connection errors of hstouch).
                            HST updated the software because many users had different issues. They came to a stable situation, but I still had (less frequently) connection errors. Sometimes 8 days, sometimes 5 days.
                            Your new beta came and I disabled the track time and ran this combo for a longer period. I never had the connection errors since then(still having some issues with reasons to restart every 10 days, but no connection errors).
                            So the combination of HS updates and your beta have brought me a better stable system again! Thanks for that!

One question left though. I also have reconfigured my players, so that Phone/tablet players, like my Iphones and Ipad, are not visible anymore as a device. These are (Ipeng app) not constant present players and I do not need control of them through HS. One of the features you added, ignore these players, I liked, because I can now focus on the always present devices (2 devices only). When I start HSTouch though, it still reports 5 players instead of two, so HS still recognises then through musicapi?

I am not sure if this is supposed to happen? It is not really causing errors, so it might not even be important for you. This is mainly a curious discovery, that makes me a bit nervous because of my instability in the past - which is gone now, I keep telling myself

Regards,

Wim
                            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you for the feedback and update. It is as expected that all players are reported (5 in your case) and accessible via the MusicAPI but only the enabled ones are managed via HS2 devices. The reason I track all players within the plugin is to make it easier using them within HSTouch (for example when you dynamically enable/disable players which is not supported by HSTouch).

I had HSTouch connect/disconnect issues as well as well has increasing handle counts. It is much better with the latest HS2/HSTouch version, but still once a while run into an issue where HSTouch suddenly drops all client connections (luckily does not happen that often).

Comment

Thanks, clear answer. I will stop worrying about it from now on

Wim
                                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                                X