Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb question about moving devices from Vera

Hiya-

I'm new to HS but I'm excited to be leaving my slow and not-so-stable Vera behind.

I don't really want to miss with trying to setup a primary/secondary setup so I'm fine to manually move my zwave devices over one by one.

I've read that the easiest thing to do is to just exclude the Vera devices from HS and then include them in HS. This sounds great... but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

I see that I can go into the zwave plugin and go into exclude mode. Do I then have to go activate something on the particular device that I want to exclude? Does this mean I'm going to have to be taking off wall plates on the hard wired switches and pushing some button in there to exclude and then include them? I was hoping it might be easier than that.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this.

Welcome Spifl. Usually for hardwired switches you only need to tap the paddle (or toggle) for the exclude/include action, whilst in that mode in HS3. I would recommend downloading the ZTool+ app for your phone for which the sole purpose is to exclude/include ZWave devices.

Some switches are a little more tricky, requiring double or triple taps to trigger the exclude / include action.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks for your reply. You're right..this was way easier than I thought it would be! Took hardly any time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by spifl View Post
        Thanks for your reply. You're right..this was way easier than I thought it would be! Took hardly any time at all.

Great!
        cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
        X