Clear All

deCONZ and Osram/Lightify Bulbs

Setup:

Windows 10 Pro
    HS3 Pro .435
    JowiHue 2.0.2.4
    deConz 2.05.20 (ConBee)

Just added in the Osram/Lightify Smart+ bulbs. 2 x A19's

Just playing with these so far, but on/off works fine in a group by themselves with a Pico Remote with on/off events. However if they are mixed with Hue bulbs things don't work correctly. On/off sometimes sends through sometimes not. Very odd behavior and hard to explain and sometimes an Off from the Pico will turn all off and press off again and the Osram Flash! Weird.

But the main point is around colors. Are the Oram bulbs just very limited in their color range? I was trying to just set some basic colors and they aren't setting. So I started playing with the Sat and everything is just all wacky now!

First is there a "reset color" I change the color to just white and it still looks blue. Maybe that's the Temperature setting to play and adjust. Then I change the color to Blue and they look Pink!

Maybe I just need some sleep. Hard to tell.

Jeubanks,

As for the osram color bulbs, it is hard to tell from here. I do not have one here so far and also there are still differences between EU and US versions, so even if I would get me one, it might still be different from what you are experiencing.

I don't know how much different these bulbs are from a Philips bulb? When used mixed they should not cause extra issues as the control is the same as far I know.

There is an issue when using the IKEA bulbs as these bulbs are controlled by xy values only, not hue values. I do not know if osram is using xy only also?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Jeubanks,

As for the osram color bulbs, it is hard to tell from here. I do not have one here so far and also there are still differences between EU and US versions, so even if I would get me one, it might still be different from what you are experiencing.

I don't know how much different these bulbs are from a Philips bulb? When used mixed they should not cause extra issues as the control is the same as far I know.

There is an issue when using the IKEA bulbs as these bulbs are controlled by xy values only, not hue values. I do not know if osram is using xy only also?

Wim
      I had issue with Osram controlled through deCONZ and Hue bulbs on the Hue Bridge and having an event turn on/off the two sets. It was like something was confused. The Hue bulbs turned on/off like they should but the deCONZ controlled were sometimes.

When I moved everything to deCONZ the mix of bulbs worked perfectly fine for on/off/dim

This leads there's probably just a timing difference between communications between the two bridges and in reality it's not good to mix lights from two bridges into a single event in a single room. It's far too noticeable.

Now back to the Osram bulbs. I tried them with deCONZ and directly with the Osram Bridge and the results are the same. The colors are poor, color capability is poor, overall these bulbs are poor quality (IMHO). So this isn't a problem with deCONZ or with your PI. I was just making an opinion statement about the quality of the bulbs in general.

Comment

Have the OSRAM bulbs had their firmware updated. I had issues a while back getting them to work with the Hue bridge (prior to DeConz) and it was a firmware level issue between the two, you may have a similar situation. My OSRAM bulbs (I have 3) are quite reliable on DeConz/JowieHue these days.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by theendisnye View Post
          Have the OSRAM bulbs had their firmware updated. I had issues a while back getting them to work with the Hue bridge (prior to DeConz) and it was a firmware level issue between the two, you may have a similar situation. My OSRAM bulbs (I have 3) are quite reliable on DeConz/JowieHue these days.

Steve
          They have the latest firmware.

As stated I've tested with the Osram/Sylvania/Lightify Bridge and with deCONZ and "functionally" things are good. My complaint is the quality of the color the bulbs produce in comparison to what is selected. This isn't an app issue as it's the same results using the Osram Bridge with Lightify app or with deCONZ... same results, just poor quality bulbs. Maybe I got bad bulbs. Who knows. but in comparing with other bulbs I won't be buying anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
            Now back to the Osram bulbs. I tried them with deCONZ and directly with the Osram Bridge and the results are the same. The colors are poor, color capability is poor, overall these bulbs are poor quality (IMHO). So this isn't a problem with deCONZ or with your PI. I was just making an opinion statement about the quality of the bulbs in general.
            Jeubanks,

Glad to see my plugin is off the hook for now But it also convinces me once more that Philips did a good job on their color bulbs. So far her on both Philips Hue bridge and deCONZ gateways they ar performing well. No issues on both and lots of colors...

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Jeubanks,

Glad to see my plugin is off the hook for now But it also convinces me once more that Philips did a good job on their color bulbs. So far her on both Philips Hue bridge and deCONZ gateways they ar performing well. No issues on both and lots of colors...

Thanks,

Wim
              Yeah you're off the hook.... for now

Comment

Working...
              X