Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New error Newtonsoft related

Hi Shill,

I have a new error with the plugin : for some reason, it stops working with events at almost 10am today. I don't have done anything since a couple of days on my server.
    Previously I got some sporadic errors but it was working anyway.
    Now I ever got the following error in HS log when I launch the event:

But when I create a chart manually with the plugin page it works fine.
    Do you have any idea ?

Thanks.

Originally posted by eole View Post
    Hi Shill,

I have a new error with the plugin : for some reason, it stops working with events at almost 10am today. I don't have done anything since a couple of days on my server.
    Previously I got some sporadic errors but it was working anyway.
    Now I ever got the following error in HS log when I launch the event:

But when I create a chart manually with the plugin page it works fine.
    Do you have any idea ?

Thanks.
    The reason it works from the plugin page is because that doesn't do any JSON processing. The reason for this error is usually because another copy of Newtonsoft.json.dll has been (inappropriately) added to either the HS3 root dir or the HS3\bin dir, causing a conflict with the one in the HS3\bin\skWare\DeviceHistory directory.

Have you installed or updated any plugins recently? Do you see any extra copies of that file in your HS3 or HS3\bin folders?

Comment

You're right I've installed a script which is using another copy of Newtonsoft.json.dll in the BIN directory (not in bin\skWare\DeviceHistory).
      But I've deleted the link in settings.ini (that pointed on Bin) and also deleted Newtonsoft.json.dll file and it's not better.
      What is strange is that I've installed this new script 2 days ago and device history plugin stopped worked this morning.
      Now I can't make is work

Edit : sorry for trouble, after several new tests, I've got DeviceHistory plugin workign again !!
      But this other script couldn't work. Is it possible to have 2 different Newtonsoft.json.dll and adress them separately ?
      Last edited by eole; April 8, 2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
        You're right I've installed a script which is using another copy of Newtonsoft.json.dll in the BIN directory (not in bin\skWare\DeviceHistory).
        But I've deleted the link in settings.ini (that pointed on Bin) and also deleted Newtonsoft.json.dll file and it's not better.
        What is strange is that I've installed this new script 2 days ago and device history plugin stopped worked this morning.
        Now I can't make is work

Edit : sorry for trouble, after several new tests, I've got DeviceHistory plugin workign again !!
        But this other script couldn't work. Is it possible to have 2 different Newtonsoft.json.dll and adress them separately ?
        Not if that script developer did something naughty and didn't use their own private directory...

Comment

Thanks for this quick response.

It's a script I got on a forum which have in the beginning
          Imports Newtonsoft.Json
          Imports Newtonsoft.Json.Linq
          I know it's not DeviceHistory related but could you tell me where I can find the way to set a private directory for this script and insert the necessary Newtonsoft.json.dll ?

Comment

Can you give me a link to the script/post?

Comment

It's a very useful script in France for electricity written by jfla :
              http://1drv.ms/1RjDNYH
              It's called EDF_Tempo V0.2.zip

The link to topic is http://www.touteladomotique.com/foru...po+HS3#p137198

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X