Monitor open/closed but not alarm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor open/closed but not alarm...

I have a few zones such as windows for which I'd like to monitor their status as open/closed, but don't want to have them trigger an alarm. For example, an upstairs windows that I want to leave open during the summer months.

I've tried changing the zone type from 03 (Perimeter), to 23 (No Alarm Resp). In doing so I noticed the following behavior...

The plugin will show if it's opened or closed (which is good). Although if the alarm is armed, then regardless of if it's opened or closed it will show the window as closed, and therefore the last updated will be changed (even if it's opened). Perhaps this is because when things are armed it needs to show it as closed. Once it's disarmed, the status will be updated accordingly.

This behavior seems adequate, although I have noticed that when the window is open the EnvisaLinkAdemco "Root" node gets continuously updated with a fault for that window. I would expect it to just show the last changed device, but for some reason it is updated continuously with the open window as a fault (updating it ever few minutes or more).

I'm not sure if using a Zone 23 is the way to go, or if there are other options, and also not sure if the Plugin should behave differently for a Zone 23 devices when they are faulted.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Am doing something similar with my garage doors. They are configured as 24 hour monitor zones. I found the information on how to program this here for my Vista 20P alarm:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...vista-20p.html

Hopefully that will get you started.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
      Am doing something similar with my garage doors. They are configured as 24 hour monitor zones. I found the information on how to program this here for my Vista 20P alarm:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...vista-20p.html

Hopefully that will get you started.

Andy
      Thanks Andy - I'll look into that...

Comment

Working...
      X