Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Reboot - No plugin connection

Good Morning,

Last night I had to reboot my server from patches. Everything seemed to reboot ok and look ok. I set my alarm and after 60 seconds, none of my events fired, that should have. Puzzled, it looked at the log. There were no entries when the system came back up for the plugin, so everything missed. All my other plugins were working, so I cycled the EnvisaLink plugin. I then went to the log scrolled back and found one error:

May-20 00:10:40 EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.EnvisaLinkAdemcoApp.Shutdown()

So it seems that when HS started and all the plugin started, it never connected to the board (I did get the Eyezon email showing the system was armed like normal).

One I cycled it, all the normal log entries showed up showing the zones and closed.

Let me know if I need to repeat with Debug on or something else.

Thanks.
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

can you reproduce this problem every time you shutdown HS3? If so please provide full debug logs of the shutdown and restart. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Spud,

I tried 3 times and could not get it to reproduce. In June when I patch OS again, I will set it to debug before I patch and try again.

Michael
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

It happened again last night with the June patching. I think for July I will hold the auto patching and when I am ready to do it, I will turn on debug logging to file. Is there anything else you need beside the debug logging?

The system rebooted at 21:30. It came back up and HS started at 21:34 and then at 21:35 the link started but error said wrong password. I went into manage interfaces and shut down EnvisaLinkAdemco and that is when the System.NullReferenceException logged. I restarted the interface at the 21:52 mark and then it seemed ok.

Jun-27 21:53:00 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO Password OK
        Jun-27 21:52:59 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO EnvisaLinkAdemco version 3.0.0.20
        Jun-27 21:52:45 EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.EnvisaLinkAdemcoApp.Shutdown()
        Jun-27 21:35:51 EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Wrong password
        Jun-27 21:35:49 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO EnvisaLinkAdemco version 3.0.0.20

Comment

It might be a timing issue. The July patch did not cause the same issue. System rebooted at 20:40:27

Comment

Forgot to attach log.
            Attached Files

Comment

This happened again today. I shut down the system before I rebooted and when it came back up in the startup log I only see "wrong password":

Oct-07 09:06:06 EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Wrong password
              Oct-07 09:06:06 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLinkAdemco
              Oct-07 09:06:04 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO EnvisaLinkAdemco version 3.0.0.20
              Oct-07 09:06:03 Info Plugin EnvisaLinkAdemco has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65112

I did not change the password so not sure what happened. After HS was up and running I noticed no motion items in the log. I stopped the plugin and received the following log item:

Oct-07 11:25:39 EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.EnvisaLinkAdemcoApp.Shutdown()
              Oct-07 11:25:39 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: EnvisaLinkAdemco

Once I restarted the plugin, it started working again.

Comment

Hey Spud,

This happens now each time. I turned on debug and shut down the plug in to save it and the following is in the log:

Oct-19 10:51:10 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLBackup
                Oct-19 10:51:10 BLBackup start BLBackup plugin has been initialized
                Oct-19 10:51:10 BLBackup start Backup Folders have been loaded.
                Oct-19 10:51:10 BLBackup start Loaded configuration successfully
                Oct-19 10:51:10 BLBackup start BLBackup version is: 2.0.36.0
                Oct-19 10:51:10 BLBackup start Initializing BLBackup...
                Oct-19 10:51:09 Info Plugin BLBackup has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:62741
                Oct-19 10:51:03 EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.EnvisaLinkAdemcoApp.Shutdown()
                Oct-19 10:51:03 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: EnvisaLinkAdemco

I did have an issue with another plug in now working and when I shut down EnvisaLink, the other plugin started working. Not sure if there is a conflict between the 2 plug ins.

Having to toggle the plugin to get the debug on and off makes it hard to capture everything, but I did my best and it is attached.

When you start up the plug in you get Wrong Password and nothing works. Then when you shut down the plug in, you get the NullReferenceException.

Michael
                Attached Files

Comment

ok let's switch to email to troubleshoot this, so please email me at spud.webb.4@gmail.com

Comment

I am having this same exact issue, was there a resolution to it?

Comment

Originally posted by djc1603 View Post
                      I am having this same exact issue, was there a resolution to it?
                      yes this has been resolved for this user by installing version 3.0.0.23 available here

Can you describe the problem you got? do you get the "wrong password" error when you restart the plugin, or only when you restart HS3?

Comment

I was getting the wrong password message along with the "EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.EnvisaLinkAdemcoApp.Shutdown()" message when I restarted the plugin or HS3. I just upgraded to the latest version and I am still getting the wrong PW error. I have verified my PW is correct by setting it to the default (user) in the Envisalink web interface and the plugin configuration page.

Here is my log with debug turned on:

Nov-18 12:22:08 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLinkAdemco
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Wrong password
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Received: FAILED
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG LoginInteraction
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Request: SendKeystrokeString ****
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Received: Login:
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:6
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:5
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:4
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:3
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:2
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:1
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:8
                        Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:7
                        Nov-18 12:22:06 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Partition Device Found: P:1
                        Nov-18 12:22:03 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO EnvisaLinkAdemco version 3.0.0.23
                        Nov-18 12:22:02 AM Info Plugin EnvisaLinkAdemco has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49313[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by djc1603 View Post
                          I was getting the wrong password message along with the "EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.EnvisaLinkAdemcoApp.Shutdown()" message when I restarted the plugin or HS3. I just upgraded to the latest version and I am still getting the wrong PW error. I have verified my PW is correct by setting it to the default (user) in the Envisalink web interface and the plugin configuration page.

Here is my log with debug turned on:

Nov-18 12:22:08 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLinkAdemco
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Wrong password
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Received: FAILED
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG LoginInteraction
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Request: SendKeystrokeString ****
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Received: Login:
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:6
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:5
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:4
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:3
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:2
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:1
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:8
                          Nov-18 12:22:08 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:7
                          Nov-18 12:22:06 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Partition Device Found: P:1
                          Nov-18 12:22:03 AM EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO EnvisaLinkAdemco version 3.0.0.23
                          Nov-18 12:22:02 AM Info Plugin EnvisaLinkAdemco has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49313[/SIZE][/SIZE]
                          could you try to change your password to a 10 characters password, and try again?

Comment

I tried with the same results. The envisalink will only accept 6 characters however.

Nov-18 12:07:12 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Wrong password
                            Nov-18 12:07:12 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Received: FAILED
                            Nov-18 12:07:12 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG LoginInteraction
                            Nov-18 12:07:12 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Request: SendKeystrokeString ****
                            Nov-18 12:07:12 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Received: Login:
                            Nov-18 12:07:11 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLinkAdemco
                            Nov-18 12:07:11 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:6
                            Nov-18 12:07:11 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:5
                            Nov-18 12:07:11 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:4
                            Nov-18 12:07:11 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:3
                            Nov-18 12:07:11 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:2
                            Nov-18 12:07:10 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:1
                            Nov-18 12:07:10 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:8
                            Nov-18 12:07:10 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:7
                            Nov-18 12:07:08 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Partition Device Found: P:1
                            Nov-18 12:07:04 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO EnvisaLinkAdemco version 3.0.0.23
                            Nov-18 12:07:04 PM Info Plugin EnvisaLinkAdemco has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:60116

Comment

Working...
                            X