Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you use for your HAI central station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you use for your HAI central station?

A little bit off topic but I'm a user of HAI and Rob's awesome plugin that let's it talk to my HomeSeer.

I recently had a few false alarms called into the central station with the police showing up reporting a burglary. When trying to enter a ticket on my central station provider website it just gives an error message and calls to them go unanswered so I think it's time to switch to a more reliable service.

Since anyone reading this HAI forum probably uses central station monitoring I thought I'd ask the community who you use.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mike

I use Next Alarm. Many many years now. Pay a year at a time.

Next Alarm texts / emails me on status concurrent with Homeseer. Speedwise they are both the same.

I do have CCTV which I can get to whenever for a look see.

Two homes two OmniPro2 panels.

Copper with one and FIOS with another.

Around two years ago in the summer had two false alarms. One thinking it was the sun reflections while it was setting and the other happened one night. Both events were recorded on CCTV and nothing was seen except for the police checking things out.

I wrote up a little post on CT here around 2013 and did test one company.

National Alarm Monitoring Companies for DIYers

Testing a new widget. It is designed for fire alarms. Instead of seizing the primary phone line RJ31X like it senses use of the primary line and switches over to secondary line. Many CT users have gone to auto cellular switchers where the primary line is copper or VOIP and secondary is cellular. Initially removed internal RJ31X and went to an external Leviton RJ31x phone board which does the line seizure.

[ATTACH]60046[/ATTACH]

Can I use a STC 105C Telephone Line Manager on my OmniPro 2

I have been using a 3G (Ericcson W25) combo internet, phone, fax and SMB box here for failover for internet and phone and it works well.

[ATTACH]60045[/ATTACH]

I would to get an LTE version of a similiar box. They are available all over the world except for the US where telcos have a tight grip over this stuff.
    Last edited by Pete; March 11, 2017, 06:42 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks,

And I've been using Next Alarm for years also. When I look t the NA activity log I see this entry:

Mar 02, 2017 01:16:29 AM Alarm Activity: 6227 A 18

But when I look at the HAI event log there is no record of an event at that time.

I've been trying to reach NA to ask if they've seen this before with other customers and what does it mean but as I mentioned their webform just gives an error when I try to ask the question. I'm going to try to call them directly tomorrow.

The only thing that changed was I switched from a landline phone to a Verizon Wireless phone which is suppose to be compatible with fax and modem lines.

Comment

Relating to NA I have it look as I have it configured for a bunch of stuff which I get emails for. (all DCM stuff from the panel).

Relating to HAI I always here refer to using the old serial HS2 plugin and what I see. I only used HS2 for status but never for direct alarm enabling et al type of stuff. IE: Arming and disarming and other functions were done directly with keypads and Omnitouch screens. Personally HS2 only dealt with status of panel.

Specifically this special status section. Here is an old post from V.17.

and

System troubles section:

SYSTEM TROUBLES

This message is sent by the HAI controller in reply to a REQUEST SYSTEM TROUBLES message.
        The controller reports any system troubles.
        If multiple troubles exist, each trouble is reported in a separate data byte.

Start character 0x21
        Message length number of troubles + 1
        Message type 0x1B
        Data 1 first trouble

Data n last trouble
        CRC 1 varies
        CRC 2 varies

The system trouble conditions are shown below.

Trouble Byte Condition
        1 Freeze
        2 Battery low
        3 AC power
        4 Phone line
        5 Digital communicator
        6 Fuse
        7 Freeze
        8 Battery low

There are some major differences between system status and system trouble.

SYSTEM STATUS

This message is sent by the HAI controller in reply to a REQUEST SYSTEM STATUS message.
        The controller reports its time, date, calculated time of sunrise and sunset, battery reading, and current alarm(s) in each area.

Bit Condition
        0 Burglary alarm
        1 Fire alarm
        2 Gas alarm
        3 Auxiliary alarm
        4 Freeze alarm
        5 Water alarm
        6 Duress alarm
        7 Temperature alarm

In the HS2 group under HAI system variables I see: (and use)

1 - Security status
        2 - special status
        3 - alarm type
        4 - last code used
        5 - button pushed
        6 - freeze alarm
        7 - fire emergency
        8 - police emergency
        9 - Auxillary emergency
        10 - duress alarm
        11 - battery low trouble
        12 - AC powerfail trouble
        13 - phone line dead trouble
        14 - digital communicator trouble
        15 - previous security status
        16 - battery trouble
        17 - zone change indicator
        18 - special status change indicator.
        Last edited by Pete; March 12, 2017, 01:10 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Just FYI - the plugin does not trigger a call out to an alarm monitoring center. That is handled solely by the programming in the HAI panel.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Rob....

Never paid much attention but phone and dcm and communicator status have never changed and have remained as posted here:

phone - SECURE
            communicator - SECURE
            dcm - DCM with declamation mark

You can test the phone just running a phone line to and from the RJ31X. If you pick up the phone you will see an indicator.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              @Rob....

Never paid much attention but phone and dcm and communicator status have never changed and have remained as posted here:

phone - SECURE
              communicator - SECURE
              dcm - DCM with declamation mark
              Ah - will add that to the list to debug...Thanks!
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you Rob!
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

BTW here compare speeds of texts with central services and Homeseer. 'bout the same speeds.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                  X