This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Desk Ticket

I'm not eligible for help, my 30 days have expired since installing HS3. I guess this means purchasing the priority support? I must do something.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Comment

Shutdown HomeSeer3, then try this Microsoft .NET repair tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30135
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Trigger Problems

IF Elk M1 Area UltraM1G3 Plugin Area 01 [House] changes and becomes Disarmed
        AND IF The time is daytime (after sunrise, before sunset).
        Then
        Set Devices Inside Kitchen Kitchen Cabinet to On

Fires and works. A similar event does not:

IF Area01 [House] changes to Disarmed
        AND IF The time is before sunset, but after 5:00 AM
        Then
        Set Devices Inside Kitchen Kitchen Cabinet to On

If I remove the time AND IF then both work. What is the difference? Only have the zwave plug-in and a 30 day trial version of UltraM1G3 installed.

Latest HS3 3.0.0.68 and plugin 3.0.5170.40552.

Comment

Been there....

Tried it. the tool found some errors, said it fixed them, but after re-starting HS3 same problem. I'll pay for the priority support if you think that HS will be able to help me. Knowing Microsoft, this is not gonna turn out well...

I do appreciate your help, and if you have any other ideas, I'll do whatever you suggest.

Thanks,
          Anthony

Comment

UltraM1G3 Beta for HomeSeer3

Originally posted by AnthonyCalia View Post
            Tried it. the tool found some errors, said it fixed them, but after re-starting HS3 same problem. I'll pay for the priority support if you think that HS will be able to help me. Knowing Microsoft, this is not gonna turn out well...

I do appreciate your help, and if you have any other ideas, I'll do whatever you suggest.

Thanks,
            Anthony
            I would ask for assistance from the HS community by reposting your issue in the general HS3 support forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Need help with Elk plugin

I just installed the plugin and it shows only user 001 but none of the other 5 users I set up in the ElkRP software. Also I have no ability to arm/disarm the system from Homeseer but I can from the ElkRP software. What can I do to get this working? The only thing I have been able to get to work is that the alarm trigger will turn on my lights and send me an email but that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

Control Output fro HS3, status from Zone

I take the status of zone input from M1 Gold and control output on M1 Gold, It seem to be very slow. Am I doing anything wrong? Tried both Serial or Ethernet, with Win7 and the Latest Mac Mini, 16GB ram and SSD.

Comment

Another question, Can I have the ELK keypad in the HS Touch? In this case, I don't need all the ELK keypad around.

Comment

Triggers are not Firing Consistantly

Ultra,
                    I have come across a scenario where the Zone Status Change trigger doesn't always fire when the zone changes. I have a device defined that gets its status from an M1 zone and has two buttons that trigger events that run M1 tasks to lock/unlock a door.

Initially I didn't have an M1 device defined for the zone. The status change would trigger if I manually moved the lock from locked to unlocked. If I pressed the button to run the M1 tasks to either lock or unlock the door, the status change wouldn't trigger.

I added an M1 device for the zone and both my device and the M1 device triggered on both a manual turn of the lock and a button press to run a task to lock/unlock the lock.

Next I deleted the M1 device for the zone and everything still triggered properly.

I rebooted HS3 and the trigger stopped updating when running the tasks.

I recreated the M1 device and the triggers worked properly.

I guess the obvious solution is to create M1 devices for all your zones even though they won't be used.

I'm thinking that this "feature" may manifest itself in other ways and cause some mysterious results.

Let me know if you need more information.

Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                      Ultra,
                      I have come across a scenario where the Zone Status Change trigger doesn't always fire when the zone changes. I have a device defined that gets its status from an M1 zone and has two buttons that trigger events that run M1 tasks to lock/unlock a door.

Initially I didn't have an M1 device defined for the zone. The status change would trigger if I manually moved the lock from locked to unlocked. If I pressed the button to run the M1 tasks to either lock or unlock the door, the status change wouldn't trigger.

I added an M1 device for the zone and both my device and the M1 device triggered on both a manual turn of the lock and a button press to run a task to lock/unlock the lock.

Next I deleted the M1 device for the zone and everything still triggered properly.

I rebooted HS3 and the trigger stopped updating when running the tasks.

I recreated the M1 device and the triggers worked properly.

I guess the obvious solution is to create M1 devices for all your zones even though they won't be used.

I'm thinking that this "feature" may manifest itself in other ways and cause some mysterious results.

Let me know if you need more information.

Kirby
                      I reviewed the code and cannot figure out how the issue you reported could occur. Can you tell me what you have set for your maximum zone number and the zone numbers for the M1 devices you created? A screenshot of the event would also help.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by deckerchevy View Post
                        I just installed the plugin and it shows only user 001 but none of the other 5 users I set up in the ElkRP software. Also I have no ability to arm/disarm the system from Homeseer but I can from the ElkRP software. What can I do to get this working? The only thing I have been able to get to work is that the alarm trigger will turn on my lights and send me an email but that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
                        Sorry, community help must be on strike In order for user 002 though 005 to show up, you need to set the maximum users to 005, then save the config. Then from PLUG-INS > UltraM1G3 > UltraM1G3 > Status, click the reload button. After about 30 seconds to several minutes (depending on how faster your computer is), you should see the new users in the Users tab.

In order to arm or disarm the system from the plug-in, you'll need to enter a user code that has arm/disarm privileges from within the "Areas" tab.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Triggers are not Firing Consistantly

I reviewed the code and cannot figure out how the issue you reported could occur. Can you tell me what you have set for your maximum zone number and the zone numbers for the M1 devices you created? A screenshot of the event would also help.
                          The Maximum zone is 25. I have UltraM1G3 devices defined for zone 7,17-24. The other zones that are eligible to be defined but are not are 1-6,8,25.

A screen shot of the event and the device (not an UltraM1G3 device) are attached.

Thanks,

Kirby
                          I have added the button creation C# script code so that you could see what is called when a button is pressed.
                          Code:
                          public Object Main(Object[] parm) {
                          bool ok;
                          hs.DeviceScriptButton_DeleteAll(290);
                          ok = hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(290, "Lock",4, "&shs.TriggerEvent(\"Lock Entry Door\");", "", "", 1, 1, 0);

if (!ok) hs.WriteLog("AddButtons", "Error adding Lock button to Entry Door Lock");
                          ok = hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(290, "Unlock",5, "&shs.TriggerEvent(\"Unlock Entry Door\");", "", "", 1, 1, 0);

if (!ok) hs.WriteLog("AddButtons", "Error adding Unlock button to Entry Door Lock");
                          return null;
                          }
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Kirby; July 8, 2014, 07:41 PM. Reason: Add Button Code

Comment

Odd error in Debug log

The longer HS3 runs the more it appears the Elk data lags behind. In going through the Ultram1g3 logs I came across the following:
                            10/18/2014 3:54:42 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered SendToM1G() function.
                            10/18/2014 3:54:46 PM...Debug~~!~~Sending 08cv0800F7
                            to M1G via Ethernet.
                            10/18/2014 3:54:49 PM...Debug~~!~~Waiting for the M1 to respond with 'CV' for up to 1.5 seconds...
                            10/18/2014 3:54:53 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string 'DV80003
                            0AZC025200C9
                            '
                            10/18/2014 3:54:56 PM...Error~~!~~System.InvalidCastException
                            10/18/2014 3:55:00 PM...Error~~!~~System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "&HDV" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.
                            at System.ParseNumbers.StringToLong(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)
                            at System.Convert.ToInt64(String value, Int32 fromBase)
                            at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Utils.IsHexOrOctValue (String Value, Int64& i64Value)
                            at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger (String Value)
                            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                            at HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.hspi_plugin.ProcessReceived(String strDataRec)
                            10/18/2014 3:55:09 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0ACC013000E5
                            '
                            10/18/2014 3:55:12 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.
                            10/18/2014 3:55:15 PM...Debug~~!~~Processing response [CC]
                            10/18/2014 3:55:18 PM...Debug~~!~~Output 013 [Dn Hvac In1] is Off)
                            10/18/2014 3:55:30 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0ACC013000E5
                            '
                            10/18/2014 3:55:33 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.
                            10/18/2014 3:55:35 PM...Debug~~!~~Processing response [CC]
                            10/18/2014 3:55:38 PM...Debug~~!~~Output 013 [Dn Hvac In1] is Off)
                            10/18/2014 3:55:45 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0AZC025900C2

Has anyone else come across this? Is this significant? I'm still going through logs looking for diagnostic hints for why the Elk lag increases the longer HS3 runs.

Comment

Originally posted by terranstryder View Post
                              The longer HS3 runs the more it appears the Elk data lags behind. In going through the Ultram1g3 logs I came across the following:
                              10/18/2014 3:54:42 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered SendToM1G() function.
                              10/18/2014 3:54:46 PM...Debug~~!~~Sending 08cv0800F7
                              to M1G via Ethernet.
                              10/18/2014 3:54:49 PM...Debug~~!~~Waiting for the M1 to respond with 'CV' for up to 1.5 seconds...
                              10/18/2014 3:54:53 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string 'DV80003
                              0AZC025200C9
                              '
                              10/18/2014 3:54:56 PM...Error~~!~~System.InvalidCastException
                              10/18/2014 3:55:00 PM...Error~~!~~System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "&HDV" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.
                              at System.ParseNumbers.StringToLong(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)
                              at System.Convert.ToInt64(String value, Int32 fromBase)
                              at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Utils.IsHexOrOctValue (String Value, Int64& i64Value)
                              --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                              at HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.hspi_plugin.ProcessReceived(String strDataRec)
                              10/18/2014 3:55:09 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0ACC013000E5
                              '
                              10/18/2014 3:55:12 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.
                              10/18/2014 3:55:15 PM...Debug~~!~~Processing response [CC]
                              10/18/2014 3:55:18 PM...Debug~~!~~Output 013 [Dn Hvac In1] is Off)
                              10/18/2014 3:55:30 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0ACC013000E5
                              '
                              10/18/2014 3:55:33 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.
                              10/18/2014 3:55:35 PM...Debug~~!~~Processing response [CC]
                              10/18/2014 3:55:38 PM...Debug~~!~~Output 013 [Dn Hvac In1] is Off)
                              10/18/2014 3:55:45 PM...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0AZC025900C2

Has anyone else come across this? Is this significant? I'm still going through logs looking for diagnostic hints for why the Elk lag increases the longer HS3 runs.
                              That is odd. It looks like the response is becoming corrupt. "V" isn't an valid HEX character. How are you connected to the Elk M1G panel? Network or Serial? Are you utilizing any type of Elk rules that would send a raw response out to all connected hosts?

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

I have looked at my logs from both of my installs, one XP, one Linux. Both are clean with just the initialization stuff in them. I have not noticed any slowness but I haven't been looking for it.

Are you talking about a delay when a zone is violated before it shows up in HS?

Comment

Working...
                                X