Great Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Work!

Blade - thanks for the good work thus far!

Spending the morning messing with the plugin and my 2 new signs. Since my move to HS3 is going to be slow and with uncertain hardware, I am currently testing with various devices on a Shuttle computer that has only USB ports - no local serial port.

I have made the signs work with an Edgeport/4, and an Edgeport/8 directly connected to the box via USB. I then tried a Quatech QSE-100D over Ethernet which worked great. Then I got it working via Global Cache GC-100 over Ethernet using a free virtual serial port software. I can't seem to break it.

Looking forward to seeing the plugin progress.

Monk,

I know this is a little off topic but how are you setting up the virtual serial ports for the GC-100 I have tried a few times and cant seem to get it to ever work could you give instructions on the setup. Are you using VSPE software and how do you configure it to work with the GC-100 If I could get this figured out it would really help with my betabrite setup

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Ken,
      I used the software listed in this thread - second post.
      http://www.codecoretechnologies.com/...hp?topic=854.0

Set the port in the software to 4999 to use the first serial port, 5000 to use the second.

Comment

Monk,

thanks for the link I cot the com port working with the software, but from what I can tell it will only let you create one comport is that correct? I would like to be able to create multiple virtual com ports is this possible with this software and if so how?

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Hi Ken. Best I can tell, the free version of the software only lets you use one port.

Comment

Working...
          X