• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigator= internet explorer or anything like that
    --
    stipus

Comment

so with other ip it works , so it must be bound somewhere , maybe computer restart ?

because An "unexpected token" is likely some illegal character code

1. put he whole errorlog here please
      2. check in setup / network of homeseer if the json is enabled

Enable control using JSON ON
      Enable control using ASCII commands ON
      Control port (default is 11000) 11000
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Stipus

With your code and my user name password inserted I get an error saying windows can't find that address. If I remove user name I get 404 Bad Request:/JSON

Malosa

I checked in HomeSeer Setup/Network and don't see anywhere to enable JSON. What other error log do you want beside what I already posted?

Comment

Do you have HomeSeer 3 ?

If so you should double check you have JSON enabled in
          TOOLS / Setup / Network / Remote Control Settings / Enable control using JSON
          --
          stipus

Comment

I don't see remote control setting or enable JSON(unless I'm blind)or looking in the wrong place. here is a screen shot
            Attached Files

Comment

It's the right page, but I can't see the setting ! Maybe you have a very old version of HS3 ?
              --
              stipus

Comment

i think its the 94 version

Comment

That might be the problem. I'm on version 96 and I see that the latest version is 177. I thought it automatically updated itself but I guess not. I did a search and it says to update all I have to do is restart HS3 and I will prompted to update. I have started HS3 and have never been prompted to update. Is this because it's an older version and that feature was not available? How else can I update.

Comment

here is the last stable release

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_208.exe

make always backup of homeseer folder!!!!

just install this , and it updates your version.

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                    That might be the problem. I'm on version 96 and I see that the latest version is 177. I thought it automatically updated itself but I guess not. I did a search and it says to update all I have to do is restart HS3 and I will prompted to update. I have started HS3 and have never been prompted to update. Is this because it's an older version and that feature was not available? How else can I update.

Comment

I think that was the problem. I update to the latest version of HS3 and changed the settings. I haven't tested actual device control yet but at least I don't get the error messages anymore. I'm going to try controlling devices tonight and let you know if I can get to work. Thank for your help so far.

Comment

I got it working for a bit. After updating HS3 to the latest version I was no longer getting the errors and homebridge seem to start correctly. However in eve app i saw my one accessories but couldn't control it. I was just playing around in the app to learn it and suddenly I could control it. Not sure what I did. Now after a simple restart of HS3 and homebridge in the eve app the accessory is listed as unreachable. Not sure if it's related but I now get below error when HS3 restarts. I tried a few times and get the same error.

HTML Code:
                        Starting up....

16/11/2015 9:32:47 PM ~!~Error~!~DeSerializing object (byte): Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization. Source=mscorlibStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Comment

I got it working for a bit. After updating HS3 to the latest version I was no longer getting the errors and homebridge seem to start correctly. However in eve app i saw my one accessories but couldn't control it. I was just playing around in the app to learn it and suddenly I could control it. Not sure what I did. Now after a simple restart of HS3 and homebridge in the eve app the accessory is listed as unreachable. Not sure if it's related but I now get below error when HS3 restarts. I tried a few times and get the same error.

HTML Code:
                          Starting up....

16/11/2015 9:32:47 PM ~!~Error~!~DeSerializing object (byte): Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization. Source=mscorlibStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.
                          I was able to get rid of the error buy using a older back up of the HS3 database. Made sure control using JSON was enabled but the EVE app still shows devices as unreachable. Everything is still set-up as it was Monday night when I was able to briefly make it work. Any idea what the problem is.

Comment

I was able to get rid of the error buy using a older back up of the HS3 database. Made sure control using JSON was enabled but the EVE app still shows devices as unreachable. Everything is still set-up as it was Monday night when I was able to briefly make it work. Any idea what the problem is.
                            I'll weigh as no one else has. The Homekit DB is a bit delicate and you can easily get into a problematic state. With limited tools to look at the DB it is hard to know when this has happened. Best bet as you try to get it all working is to regularly close Eve or any HK apps, wipe the DB in iOS (Setting/Privacy/HomeKit/Reset), and wipe out the Pesist folder in your Homebridge install to go back to a blank slate. It may help to have icloud syncing off as well initially as it can try to sync a bad DB to other devices and create a lag for changes to take place.

this isn't a solution to your problem, but should help narrow the issue down as well. Good news is that if you saw it working once, you have all the connectivity issues sorted and it is likely just a matter of getting it stable.

Comment

Originally posted by askme View Post
                              I'll weigh as no one else has. The Homekit DB is a bit delicate and you can easily get into a problematic state. With limited tools to look at the DB it is hard to know when this has happened. Best bet as you try to get it all working is to regularly close Eve or any HK apps, wipe the DB in iOS (Setting/Privacy/HomeKit/Reset), and wipe out the Pesist folder in your Homebridge install to go back to a blank slate. It may help to have icloud syncing off as well initially as it can try to sync a bad DB to other devices and create a lag for changes to take place.

this isn't a solution to your problem, but should help narrow the issue down as well. Good news is that if you saw it working once, you have all the connectivity issues sorted and it is likely just a matter of getting it stable.
                              Thanks for the reply. Last night I did fresh re-install of everything. Was still showing as unreachable. Then I found online that changing the username could fix this type of problem. Tried that and initially devices were still unreachable. Ten minutes later they connected. I know it can take some time to sync and since I reset the password immediately after I had done the re install I'm not sure which of the 2 fixed the problem. It worked for an hour and I was able to turn lights on and off and also lock and unlock doors. Then everything became unreachable again. It's strange because this was not during the time that I was programming accessories. Everything was working, then I went in the app to try and create a scene and suddenly all accessories became unreachable. Reset the password again, restarted the apps and still got nothing. I might have to try a re-install and/or what you mention above. I'm hoping I don't have to do this everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by askme View Post

That appears to work to reset it. I do have a few more issues.

1. How do you trigger a HS3 event with SIRI. I imported an event called goodnight. It's in the EVE app and I can manually trigger the event with EVE but when I say goodnight to SIRI she would just say goodnight back to me. Then I thought I remembered reading here that the event had to be inside a scene in the EVE app. I tried that and now if I say Goodnight she says " I can't seem to activate your scene" then if i try again immediately she says " your device are not available" if I look in the app after this happens devices are show as unreachable. Tried this again this morning and checked before I said the command and the devices were connected and I was able to manually control them but got the same results.

2.How can i get this to work when I'm not home. The phone is set to allow remote access. I read hear that an Apple TV3 was required and I have one and it's connected to the network. Did I miss something.

Comment

Working...
                                X