Error after restart after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error after restart after update

I had to restart my system after having updated the plug-in to 1.0.6 from 1.0.5. I looked at the log and saw a bunch of errors to do with the Device History plug-in. These errors occur when it tries to build a chart from an event. The events have been running fine for months and have not been changed. The errors began yesterday, just after installing the update. I generate 24 charts, once an hour and this error is generated with every chart. I removed and reinstalled the plug-in with no change. Here are all of the log entries, beginning with the installation of the update. The errors continue as of this post.

Feb-28 3:40:45 PM Updater Starting download of updates
    Feb-28 3:40:45 PM Updater Plugin is loaded, unloading before updating.
    Feb-28 3:40:46 PM Info Plugin Device History with instance: has disconnected
    Feb-28 3:41:06 PM Updater Downloading update: Device History
    Feb-28 3:41:06 PM Updater Update HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.exe downloaded successfully
    Feb-28 3:41:06 PM Updater Installing package Device History
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.exe
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.exe.config
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\skWare\DeviceHistory\System.Web.DataVisualization.dl l
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\skWare\DeviceHistory\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\skWare\DeviceHistory\HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.db3
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: images.zip
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Making dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Docs\skWare\DeviceHistory\
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Docs\skWare\DeviceHistory\skWare Device History Plug-In User Guide.pdf
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Install/Update of package Device History was successful.
    Feb-28 3:41:07 PM Updater Re-initializing plugin after update.
    Feb-28 3:41:13 PM Info Plugin Device History has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51419
    Feb-28 3:41:14 PM Info Device History: Upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6
    Feb-28 3:41:15 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Device History
    Feb-28 3:42:16 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Events Device History - 3 (Delayed Event)"
    Feb-28 3:42:16 PM Event Event Trigger "Device History Charting Device History - 3"
    Feb-28 3:42:16 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Events Device History - 3 (Delayed Event)"
    Feb-28 3:42:16 PM Error Event Device History Charting Device History - 3 plugin action failed:Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Feb-28 3:44:06 PM Error Event Device History Charting Device History - 3 plugin action failed:Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Feb-28 3:45:56 PM Error Event Device History Charting Device History - 3 plugin action failed:Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Have you installed any other plugins since your last restart of HS3? Check your HS3 and HS3\bin directories and see if someone else has added a copy of Newtonsoft.Json.dll in one of those two inappropriate locations.

The correct file should be dated 4/27/2014 and would be in HS3\bin\skWare\DeviceHistory.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Have you installed any other plugins since your last restart of HS3? Check your HS3 and HS3\bin directories and see if someone else has added a copy of Newtonsoft.Json.dll in one of those two inappropriate locations.

The correct file should be dated 4/27/2014 and would be in HS3\bin\skWare\DeviceHistory.
      Yes I have installed/updated several plug-ins, one of which uses a newer version of that library. Your 1.0.5.0 does not generate errors. It began exactly at the moment I updated to 1.0.6.0 and the errors stopped when I restored 1.0.5.0.

Looks like there are 5 plug-ins using various versions of the library. None are in the HomeSeer root or \bin directories. There is also one in \html\bin

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Yes I have installed/updated several plug-ins, one of which uses a newer version of that library. Your 1.0.5.0 does not generate errors. It began exactly at the moment I updated to 1.0.6.0 and the errors stopped when I restored 1.0.5.0.

Looks like there are 5 plug-ins using various versions of the library. None are in the HomeSeer root or \bin directories. There is also one in \html\bin.
        Hmmm... I also have other plugins on my system using various versions of that DLL and do not have any in the root or \bin directories, and the version I have in the DeviceHistory bin directory is dated 4/27/2014. I have stopped and restarted HS3, and am not able to recreate your problem yet...

Comment

Hmmm... I also have other plugins on my system using various versions of that DLL and do not have any in the root or \bin directories, and the version I have in the DeviceHistory bin directory is dated 4/27/2014. I have stopped and restarted HS3, and am not able to recreate your problem yet...
          Just let me know. 1.0.5.0 is running along fine.

Comment

I specifically re-compiled a version using this exact DLL and posted it on my website. Stop the plugin, unzip it to your root HS3 directory, then start it up again. (Technically it's version 1.0.6.1, but the HS page doesn't reliably update version numbers until a restart if not done through the updater.)

https://home.steveandkristie.com/skw...STORY_1061.zip

I don't know why this would be better, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

I specifically re-compiled a version using this exact DLL and posted it on my website. Stop the plugin, unzip it to your root HS3 directory, then start it up again. (Technically it's version 1.0.6.1, but the HS page doesn't reliably update version numbers until a restart if not done through the updater.)

https://home.steveandkristie.com/skw...STORY_1061.zip

I don't know why this would be better, but it's worth a shot.
              Installed and working without errors. The charts are built beginning at the top of the hour, so I am going to restart HomeSeer and keep an eye on it in about 35 minutes.

Comment

Sweet. Anxious to hear how they look with all the new axis changes.

Comment

Sweet. Anxious to hear how they look with all the new axis changes.
                  It is running fine at the top of the hour. It is building charts without errors.

What all did you change in the chart generation?

Comment

It is running fine at the top of the hour. It is building charts without errors.

What all did you change in the chart generation?
                    At the airport now, but posted the change list in the release history thread. Biggest one was improving the y axis intervals.

Comment

At the airport now, but posted the change list in the release history thread. Biggest one was improving the y axis intervals.
                      I missed the release notes post on the 27th. I can tell you that all of my events that generate charts now are missing most if not all of my Y1 and Y2 additional devices, though the events still show them included in the chart. The Include Legends and Include Title check boxes are nice and seem to work. The addition to Hours as an event option is nice and appears to work.

I have one chart event which I edited and verified last night that is not creating a chart with all of the devices. The first screenshot is the event, the second is the chart generated by the event and the third is a chart using the same parameters generated through the plug-in charting feature. Since we are not using air condition the chart is rather meaningless.

Notice the event created by the event only shows one Y1 device and the Y2 device in the legend, but the Y2 values (currently at 0) and the Y2 axis markings are not shown.

I will try building a new event to generate the chart to see if it works.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I missed the release notes post on the 27th. I can tell you that all of my events that generate charts now are missing most if not all of my Y1 and Y2 additional devices, though the events still show them included in the chart. The Include Legends and Include Title check boxes are nice and seem to work. The addition to Hours as an event option is nice and appears to work.

I have one chart event which I edited and verified last night that is not creating a chart with all of the devices. The first screenshot is the event, the second is the chart generated by the event and the third is a chart using the same parameters generated through the plug-in charting feature. Since we are not using air condition the chart is rather meaningless.

Notice the event created by the event only shows one Y1 device and the Y2 device in the legend, but the Y2 values (currently at 0) and the Y2 axis markings are not shown.

I will try building a new event to generate the chart to see if it works.
                        So it works correctly from the chart page, but the event only shows the one device (even though it obviously knew about the 0 value, otherwise the y axis wouldn't have gone down that low...

Comment

So it works correctly from the chart page, but the event only shows the one device (even though it obviously knew about the 0 value, otherwise the y axis wouldn't have gone down that low...
                          I just built a fresh event and the problem is the same. While there are 7 temperatures on Y1 and energy on Y2, the chart generated by the event only shows the primary Y1 temperature on the chart, the other 6 don't show on the chart or in the legend. The energy shows in the legend as Y1, but it is configured for Y2. If you look at the same chart from the plug-in management page (second screenshot) it is all correct. So there is nothing wrong with the events, the plug-in just isn't doing what it is supposed to do by the event configuration.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I just built a fresh event and the problem is the same. While there are 7 temperatures on Y1 and energy on Y2, the chart generated by the event only shows the primary Y1 temperature on the chart, the other 6 don't show on the chart or in the legend. The energy shows in the legend as Y1, but it is configured for Y2. If you look at the same chart from the plug-in management page (second screenshot) it is all correct. So there is nothing wrong with the events, the plug-in just isn't doing what it is supposed to do by the event configuration.
                            Here is what the same chart looked like under 1.0.5.0.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                              Same problem here after update : I've installed the https://home.steveandkristie.com/skw...STORY_1061.zip which works without Newtonsoft.Json error.
                              I can create all charts I want manually.
                              But when I create charts with events, Y2 axis disappears.
                              I've also lost the availability to choose the beginning and the end of the axis (in the device list).
                              Lost too : the chart title which is now "Device Value Over Time" when I choose "Show title"
                              I have several charts created every 15mn, so it's a big issue for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X