Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginners ignorance

New to HS S2 and BLSecurity
    I'm looking for the thread that walks you through the steps of adding sensors. I have numerous DS14A not DS10 sensors and also two motion sensors MS18A and MS16A. All are X10 items. Can I use these? And if so, where do I find step by step instructions, please?

I also have a CM15A but I'm not sure if that needs to be in the loop.

Bump,
    Anyone know if I can use DS12A instead of DS10A, since that's what I have.

I have yet to figure out how to add either an MS18A or hopefully a DS12A. Do I create the device first and then go to the BLSecurity section or just create it within the BL Security.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

You need to create the device first. What are you using to see the changes in the device?
      You would need to add it to BLSecurity as value triggered and then specify the ON and OFF value to trigger
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

First, thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it.

I am not using anything to "see" the changes in the device. I can pair the door sensor or the motion sensor to the X10 SC1200 and I can can also pair them with the CM15A. But nothing that I have "tells" me the value.

So I can use a DS12A, correct?

Comment

Never mind, I see this is not a popular area. I'll try some other way.

Comment

You will need something to see those security devices. BLRF will let you use a W800 to receive them
            I think there is one that will allow you to use the CM15 but I am not positive
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
            X