www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Camera Plug-ins > Camera Discussion > Surveillance Station (3P)

Surveillance Station (3P) Discussion area for the Surveillance Station

Old June 9th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Seer

Exception - Won't Read INI file

Hi, i am new to HomeSeer, still in trial mode.

I can't get the plugin to work, it seems to not be able to read/write the ini file even though the file is present. I am running this on Linux a docker container https://hub.docker.com/r/marthoc/homeseer/

Other plugins seem to work ok.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Config/HSPI_SurveillanceStation.ini". at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x00164] in :0 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.IO.FileOptions options, System.String msgPath, System.Boolean bFromProxy, System.Boolean useLongPath, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System. IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int,System.IO.FileOptions, string,bool,bool,bool) at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile (System.String path, System.Boolean append, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x0001c] in :0 at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, System.Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x00055] in :0 at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, System.Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path) [0x00008] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(string) at IniParser.SimpleIniParser.write (System.String path) [0x00000] in :0 at IniParser.SimpleIniParser.save () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_SurveillanceStation.ConfigurationStore.Save () [0x001f6] in :0
Old June 12th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

Never tried running the plugin in a docker container, though I did test it on Linux and Windows. I notice it is trying to read from /Config, does that exist ?
Can you post the file permissions ?
Old June 12th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz83 View Post
Hi,

Never tried running the plugin in a docker container, though I did test it on Linux and Windows.
A docker container is basically ubuntu with literally the minimal number of packages installed possible to run. Mine has a couple I added to the base.
(see attached, let me know if you see anything missing your module needs, but often mono stuff is self contained so it works on windows and linux)
Its a little odd to get started, especially for a dye-in-the-wool windows person like myself. That said I now use docker containers as my default for any Linux HA project, all running on my synology.
I will write up my synology/docker implementation of homeseer soon.

I only have one thing left on my rpi (nodelink).

This is the container in question https://github.com/marthoc/docker-homeseer

Quote:
I notice it is trying to read from /Config, does that exist ?
Can you post the file permissions ?
Hi yes it exists (and the case is the same too)

Belowis the file perms you asked for
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 217 Jun  8 18:42 HSPI_SurveillanceStation.ini
The folder is:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x  19 1026 users  4096 Jun 12 17:35 HomeSeer
Note the folder is ./HomeSeer it hangs directly off root, one other plugin didn't like that apparently either (hsbuddy)

I removed the plug in and re-installed it did not create the config file when re-enabling / re-installing you can see the installer creating the file from the package
Code:
Jun-12 17:35:23	 	Updater	Copying file: /HomeSeer/Config/HSPI_SurveillanceStation.ini
If I populate the file by hand it does not read it either.

I have 14 other plugs reading and writing from this directory just fine.
Attached Files
File Type: txt installed.txt (42.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by scyto; June 15th, 2018 at 03:47 AM. Reason: typols
Old June 13th, 2018, 03:42 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

I would need to spin up (install ...) my linux environment again, but I'm wont have time for that untill next week (holidays).

Is homeseer run as root ?

What happens if you change file (and directory) rights to 777 ?
Old June 13th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Seer

Quote:
Hi,
Is homeseer run as root ?
What happens if you change file (and directory) rights to 777 ?
Yes all processes run as UID 0 (root)
Chmod 777 made no difference (i notice applying it to the HomeSeer folder made it cascade)
No rush, other than i have 26 days of trial of the plugin - can that be etxended if needed?

Last edited by scyto; June 13th, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old June 21st, 2018, 02:53 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

I can send you a custom version once the trial has expired.
For now you could run it for testing purposes 'remotely' (so outside your docker container).
Old June 21st, 2018, 11:58 PM
Seer

Quote:
Hi,

I can send you a custom version once the trial has expired.
For now you could run it for testing purposes 'remotely' (so outside your docker container).
Umm guess so, I will have to spin up Linux somewhere (I run my docker on a Synology box or windows).
Old June 22nd, 2018, 03:54 AM
Seer Deluxe

Will try to have a look this weekend.
Also planning to rewrite it to .NET core, so you don't need Mono anymore. This should work better in docker containers.