How to use events with AquaConnect, a question and call for examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use events with AquaConnect, a question and call for examples

Hi am very happy with my install and having had a lot of success controlling my pool equipment and monitoring temps and my salt level. I have my PS-4 with AQ-CO-SERIAL communicating to my Homeseer box wirelessly via a serial-to-WiFi unit.

I am still doing a lot of fiddling with things and would love to see what you guys are doing to interface with events. I have just installed solar heat but have not set it up with AquaConnect just yet so curious about this as well - letting AquaLogic control this or doing so with events?

My main question is around scheduling the filter and vacuum pumps with events. The control for on and off seem to be a simple toggle called "filter". There are times that I may turn the filter on outside of these on outside of the event schedule, so the "on" even will turn the pump off if it is already on. I have tried the following without success to turn my pool filter on at 10AM:

IF The time is at 10:00:00 AM

AND IF Pool Outside Filter has a value equal to Off

Then Set Device Pool Outside Filter to Filter

Have I messed up a setting somewhere else with the controller, or missing something with the events? Here is what the device is set up as seen in the attached.
    Attached Files

I should add that I have a simple even to toggle on, and simple event to toggle off, as attached. The on event does not turn the filter on at 10am, the off event turns the filter on at 7pm...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blake View Post
      IF The time is at 10:00:00 AM

AND IF Pool Outside Filter has a value equal to Off

Then Set Device Pool Outside Filter to Filter
      This is how I have mine set up, except that I trigger on and off with a HomeSeer timer rather that at a specific time.

I'm not sure why yours isn't working, but your setting for the filter device are the same as mine.

Try setting the trigger times to 1 second later, i.e., 7:00:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Brady. Does your status-control and values match up to my "filter" as well? I think mine reflects the defaults, but just want to make sure I did not muck anything up there.

Comment

Thanks, Brady. Does your status-control and values match up to my "filter" as well? I think mine reflects the defaults, but just want to make sure I did not muck anything up there.
          Yes

Comment

Hi Blake. Did you figure out the problem?

I do not see any issues with your configuration.

Comment

Which serial-to-wifi to use?

I have my PS-4 with AQ-CO-SERIAL communicating to my Homeseer box wirelessly via a serial-to-WiFi unit.
              Hi Blake,

Can you share which device(s) you are using for serial-to-wifi connectivity between homeseer and the AQ-CO-SERIAL? I cannot run a CAT5 cable from Homeseer to the pool equipment, so I am forced to use wifi.

Specifically, how did you configure the plugin to communicate with the AQ-CO-SERIAL, since it seems to require a COM port in Homeseer.

On the pool equipment side, I was thinking of using a Global Cache WF2SL, but I am not certain what to use on the homeseer side for configuration of the plugin, since it can only be configured to use a COM port. The Homeseer PC only has USB and ethernet ports.

Thanks for any advice!
              Amit

Comment

Hi Nuttynet,
                I am still having an issues with my set up and just posted a separate thread more specifically tied to my wireless set up.

What I am running now is a Global Cache GC-100 that connects to the AQ-CO-SERIAL on one end, and a wifi router in bridge mode on the other end. This bridges my garage to my home wifi, which then communicates to my Homeseer Server which is running a virtual com port software, "USR-VCOM" - I tried a few different programs and this one seems to work best.

I suspect the GC-100 is causing my issue of intermittently transmitting successfully to control my pool. I am receiving fine. I am likely going to try a WF2SL or IP2SL next. I am ordering one up today so I will let you know if that resolves my issue once I get things set back up... looking back at my other post, I have been fiddling with this for some time, but who here hasn't?

Comment

I should add that at the time of the original post I was using a different serial to wifi converter from eBay that was absolute unstable garbage and causing most of my problems. I had the GC-100 on hand and have lived with it for a while, and don't need it when when the pool is not being used. It is summer, so it is time to try again!

Comment

Hi Nuttynet,
                    I am still having an issues with my set up and just posted a separate thread more specifically tied to my wireless set up.

What I am running now is a Global Cache GC-100 that connects to the AQ-CO-SERIAL on one end, and a wifi router in bridge mode on the other end. This bridges my garage to my home wifi, which then communicates to my Homeseer Server which is running a virtual com port software, "USR-VCOM" - I tried a few different programs and this one seems to work best.

I suspect the GC-100 is causing my issue of intermittently transmitting successfully to control my pool. I am receiving fine. I am likely going to try a WF2SL or IP2SL next. I am ordering one up today so I will let you know if that resolves my issue once I get things set back up... looking back at my other post, I have been fiddling with this for some time, but who here hasn't?
                    hey Blake,
                    Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing about your results with the WF2SL.
                    In the meantime I did more research and finally went ahead and got my chlorination equipment. Now all that's left is to get the AQ-CO-SERIAL and WF2SL in order to tie it into homeseer. I'll get around to that in the next few months I suppose, but can't wait to hear about your adventure. Please keep me (us) posted!

Comment

Working...
                    X